Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
The prophecies and predictions in Edgar Cayce work (Read 2528 times)
SourceLover2
Ex Member

The prophecies and predictions in Edgar Cayce work
May 10th, 2017 at 12:05pm

Perhaps no aspect of Cayce's work is more misinterpreted, mythologized, and inaccurately repeated than what his guidance said about future probabilities and "Earth changes". When I first got into Cayce, I primarily read books based on his work, then later also online stuff, and I was influenced by other people's interpretations of what Cayce supposedly said or didn't say. 

It's important to put this work into a larger context, because it is so vast, multi-faceted, and complex.  There are some 14, 300 readings and it's estimated to have a total of 70, 000 pages.  That's a lot of data. 

It's a much, much more vast and data rich than the Bible, and I've noted that if the Bible is read without larger, holistic context, it's easy to misinterpret it. It's easy to take out one verse from the Bible and then way over extrapolate from there.

Eventually, I realized that I should stop reading other people's interpretations of what Cayce supposedly said or meant, and I started to directly research the readings myself.  This, over time, led to some different conclusions than I previously had had from reading others interpretations.

As mentioned, the Earth changes and prophecy type information is perhaps the most badly misinterpreted.  Particularly egregious are the various online sources about Cayce, where instead of direct quotes and giving the number of the Reading, they just say, Cayce said this...., sometimes even using quotes when Cayce didn't actually say this when I later look into it. 

Kevin Williams on his NDE site does this frequently. Frankly, it irks self a bit when people put words into his mouth and rarely ever give the Reading number etc that supposedly this info comes from. Eventually it becomes like the telephone cup game, where one person down the line, repeating what the other person has said, so garbles the original message that it becomes completely different and unrecognizable.

The following actual direct quote from a Cayce Reading is a great example of one of the prophecies/predictions that has been very misinterpreted and distorted over time, and many a Cayce researcher and author wrote about and predicted enormous Earth changes before and at these times. 

"11. (Q) What great change or the beginning of what change, if any, is to take place in the earth in the year 2,000 to 2,001 A.D.? (A) When there is a shifting of the poles. Or a new cycle begins."
   Excerpted from Reading 826-8.  Note that in the entire Reading that this statement is from, Cayce's guidance didn't make a big deal about this info and certainly didn't treat it was like a catastrophic event where they said anything about preparing for this time period.   

Many people before this date, came out and said things like, Cayce said there will be a physical pole shift and great destruction by the end of 2001.  A physical pole or crustal shift, is when the outer crust of the Earth moves quickly over the rest of the Earth.  In science, it's a controversial theory, and there is both evidence for and against it (which is beyond the scope of a forum post). It first got publicly noticed with Charles Hapgood's theories, which supposedly read and approved by Einstein (but evidence for this seems to be lacking). 

So what did actually happen around this time?  It was around the end of the 20th century that the Earth's magnetic poles did two things:  The movement and speed of same began to greatly increase. Two, the magnetic field of the Earth in general since then has weakened faster than many scientific researchers had anticipated. 

Clearly, a new cycle with the magnetic poles had begun. It would have been a even stronger hit for Cayce had his source specified "magnetic" poles, but considering the larger context of the information, physical, crustal pole shift doesn't make any sense anyways. More in another post. 

IP Logged

SourceLover2
Ex Member

Re: The prophecies and predictions in Edgar Cayce work
Reply #1 - May 10th, 2017 at 12:59pm

I've found that most of the critics of Cayce's work and particularly those that latch onto the supposedly "failed" predictions and prophecies, usually haven't done much direct research into this work. 

When it came to future probabilities, especially in a specified time sense, the most mentioned period in this work is the testing period from 1958 to 1998 where certain changes in both the physical Earth and in humanity would begin to be noticed (they use this word everytime when outlining these trends).  These general changes including a warming trend--especially noted in the polar regions.  They included "Lights" of a spiritual nature/meaning/origin starting to be seen "in the clouds", a more collective spiritual awakening in humanity, and some other Earth type changes (implied is an increase in severity and frequency of earthquakes, and volcanism). 

But it seems clear that they did not think that this period was one of outright catastrophe or the like. 

In fact, in the following reading, they outright state that even by 1998, these changes would not be catastrophic in nature, but should be considered gradual. 

"8. (Q) Three hundred years ago Jacob Boehme decreed Atlantis would rise again at this crisis time when we cross from this Piscean Era into the Aquarian. Is Atlantis rising now? Will it cause a sudden convolution and about what Year?
    (A) In 1998 we may find a great deal of the activities as have been wrought by the gradual changes that are coming about. These are at the periods when the cycle of the solar activity, or the years as related to the sun's passage through the various spheres of activity become paramount or Catamount [?] [Tantamount?]* to the change between the Piscean and the Aquarian age. This is a gradual, not a cataclysmic activity in the experience of the earth in this period**."  Excerpted from Reading 1602-3

* When there were question marks put into the text, this was the stenographers saying that either they didn't hear him quite right, didn't understand what he was saying, and/or couldn't spell the word. Everything Cayce ever said while in trance, was written down by a person--most often Gladys Davis and in short hand, and then later typed up. Occasional goofs did happen on their part. 

** My use of bold for the above text. 

As you may begin to see, clearly there are some big misinterpretations out there about what Cayce's guidance supposedly said or meant and what they predicted or didn't predict. 

I'm not saying this source was 100% accurate all the time.  Even the guidance that Cayce relayed information from, indicated that 100% pure transmission, reception, and translating of data from their levels to the physical was not possible under these conditions. 

They even used an analogy of observing a stick being put in water, and that when it goes below water, it's appearance seems to be bent from the part that is above water. They compared the transmission/reception/translating of nonphysical info/data to the physical as being like that.

Personally, I don't believe that 100% accurate perception in general, and related transmission/reception/translating of nonphysical data to physical understanding is even possible until a Soul becomes like Yeshua and He/She, and transcends completely the vibratory range of a human body and experience and realizes the experience of "being in the world, but not OF it." any longer.
     Basically, a Soul has to become fully attuned to, in a completely conscious way, to Source and PUL. That is a tall order for humans, though it is possible (a latent potential) for all. 

Regarding Cayce's guidance hints about major, major, catastrophic changes--well it IS true that they did sometimes speak to such changes, but one, indicated it was a gradual but increasing process (note, Rosalind McKnight's guidance ALSO talks about the Earth changes in this kind of manner), and two. it would happen at some other unspecified time period after the 58 to 98 period which is the one they most addressed.

Simple truth is, that many, many, many different sources from many NDE's, Native American Elders, various religious prophecies, abduction or ET contacted humans, channeled material, etc, etc. speak to such probable future catastrophic type changes. Some, like Monroe and some of his friends, and myself, have tried to figure out the more specific timing of these and have failed miserably. (Out of all of Monroes' explorers, Rosalind McKnight has been the most accurate regarding Earth changes, and saw the more intense aspects of same, for later than did a number of the other explorers, like Tom Campbell at the time). 

« Last Edit: May 10th, 2017 at 5:30pm by N/A »  

IP Logged

SourceLover2
Ex Member

Reply #2 - May 10th, 2017 at 1:00pm

I've come to know and understand, that the majority of people just aren't supposed to know the more specific timing of these changes for various reasons (that, and the future is always somewhat at least a bit in flux when it comes to exact timing and manifestation). I've also been told, that the right people, at the right time, will be given the right messages from their own internal guidance system, about what to do, where to go, etc when the time comes if they are meant to survive. 

I strongly suspect that in most of these cases, they will be given head's up, right before some of these events are to manifest. Meanwhile, the Creative Forces do not want the psychopathic plutocrats, to have a narrowed down, advanced warning of the timing and nature of these events. So among guidance forces, either only generalized info is given out, or "Mum's the word" because of these and other reasons.

I learned the above, after I started praying and living in the manner of, "Not my will be done, but the Will of the purely Creative Forces be done" and asking to be shown the Will of the latter.

With all that said, I do believe that talking about and bringing awareness to the Earth changes, has some importance.  I remember a Cayce reading which went something like, what is most needed in the world today, that the sons of men be told that the times and half times are at an end. 

Considering the many NDE's etc that have outlined information about this subject, clearly, Expanded Guidance and guidance considers it an important subject. But for self, I will not be trying to figure out the exact timing, and if I receive more specific info about same (which I have of late), will not be talking about it publicly.

My suggestion is, sincerely and with feeling, ask to attune to, commune and communicate only with the purely Creative Forces or those these may send, and then when the time comes, you may be given information necessary and helpful for self or self's loved ones.   

IP Logged

SourceLover2
Ex Member

Reply #3 - May 13th, 2017 at 11:38pm

Quote:
"Meanwhile, the Creative Forces do not want the psychopathic plutocrats, to have a narrowed down, advanced warning of the timing and nature of these events."

Reason being, is that they are hoping that as many of these will be taken out of their bodies during these events, as can be.  If these individuals knew the more specific times, they would be able to prepare enough that many of them would survive. 

Some interesting Cayce quotes/excerpts perhaps related to the above some:

A reading that was given in 1932, some 85 years ago:

"Q-. He said He would come again. What about His Second Coming?
A-. The time no one knows. Even as He gave, not even the Son Himself. Only the Father. Not until His enemies*-and the earth-are wholly in subjection to His will, His powers.
(Q) Are we entering the period of preparation for His coming?
(A) Entering the test period, rather."
5749-2

* My use of bold. Who are Yeshua's enemies?  The psychopathic plutocrats, the head honcho anti-retriever, and the Reptilian ET's.

"Q-. What is meant by “the Day of the Lord is near at hand”?
A-. That as has been promised through the prophets and the sages of old, the time-and half time-has been and is being fulfilled in this day and generation, and
that soon there will again appear in the earth that one through whom many will be called to meet those that are preparing the way for His day in the earth. The Lord,
then, will come, “even as ye have seen Him go.”
Q-4. How soon?
A-4. When those that are His have made the way clear, passable, for Him to come. 262-49" 

“And He will come again and again in the hearts,
in the minds, in the experiences of those that love His coming. But those when they think
on Him and know what His presence would mean and become fearful, He passeth by.”*
(1152-1)

*My use of bold.  Why would some become fearful thinking about the public reappearance of Yeshua and the future times he talked about in the NT?  Hmm, might relate to all the things I've been talking about as far as Earth changes, psychopathic plutocrats, etc?  On some deep, perhaps mostly unconscious level, those whom are causing so much suffering to others (all the various wars, human trafficking and pedophilia rings, etc), may have some awareness of Earth changes and what it may mean for them.  A loss of power and a loss of life, two things of which they are extremely, extremely attached to.

« Last Edit: May 14th, 2017 at 3:45am by N/A »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.