Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
The "dark side" of the larger consciousness system (Read 22161 times)
Justin
Ex Member

The "dark side" of the larger consciousness system
Mar 27th, 2017 at 6:35pm

It's a bit strange that someone like this self has become somewhat strongly focused on the lacking in Light/hindering side of the larger consciousness system/reality. For many years, was pretty trusting, naive, and fairly oblivious when it came to physical reality--it and people's shadow sides. 

When I started out exploring and thinking about nonphysical reality, also spent a good chunk not thinking about the lacking in Light side of things. 

I'm not sure exactly what changed to make self start questioning and discriminating things more. I do remember reading something in the Edgar Cayce readings which made me pause and think more deeply.  It was Cayce's guidance talking about ancient Egypt and a person called Ra Ta. According to these readings, Ra Ta was a fairly aware and spiritually intune person, minus over attachment to romance and relations with women. 

Cayce's guidance outlined that Ra Ta was trying to holistically help people; spiritually, physically, etc.  Because he called out and tried to limit certain destructive activities among the culture of the time, some people with political and social power, plotted against him and came up with a plan to manipulate both him and the Pharaoh, so that the Pharaoh would become angry and kick him out of Egypt. 

Well, Ra Ta and the Pharaoh fell for the manipulative trap, and Ra was kicked out of Egypt for 9 years.  The line in the Cayce readings regarding this whole fiasco that made me pause and really ponder things, was a line that went like this, "For, Ra Ta was one who trusted all, believed all, and the Gods laughed at his weakness.

When I read that, I wondered how trusting and believing others, focusing on the good in them, etc was a "weakness"?  Wasn't it the other way around spiritually--to look for and see the dark side in life and others was something negative, limiting, and/or hindering? 

It definitely made an impression and made me wondered.  Fast forward many years later, the more I've become aware of what's happening in this world, and what exists in the larger consciousness system, the more I've begun to see the incisive wisdom of what Cayce's guidance outlined.

Perhaps something from the NT relates?  When Yeshua sent the 72 disciples out into the gentile world to teach, example, and preach, he told them, “Behold, I am sending you as lambs among wolves; be therefore crafty as snakes and innocent as doves.”  (Some translate it as "wise", but it's not a very good translation. Crafty, clever, shrewd and the like are more accurate). While one can debate why he would use the term snakes or serpents to describe craftiness--otherwise the meaning is clear.  He knew they were going out into a tough and dangerous world, and that they needed to be on guard and to be able to see the dark or destructive intentions of others.  He wanted them to not commit any harm themselves, but to be aware of those and that which was harmful. 

In other words, he was advocating a balanced approach, and not be a naive, trusting Ra Ta, but more clever and discriminating.  Personally, I'm very glad that my guidance and Becky's guidance have given us a number of messages dealing with the negative and hindering side of reality. 

It has been my experience that one has to deal with a certain amount of fear before guidance will start giving one more direct messages about some of the things going on in this world and in the larger reality.  Why?  Because if you haven't transformed a certain amount of fear already, such awareness can cause more fear and thus more issues/limitation.  For me, it took some years before I started to get overt messages about some of these issues.

IP Logged

seagull
Ex Member

Re: The "dark side" of the larger consciousness system
Reply #1 - Mar 27th, 2017 at 7:57pm

Justin, this is where Morrighan's comments about trusting her body are relevant. It is important that we do recognize that we can occasionally be taken in by people/forces which are not beneficial to us. However, to be free of that requires that we heal ourselves to the extent that we can no longer be influenced by those outer forces. We do this, not by changing what is outside of ourselves, but by obtaining inner transformation. This is the only transformation which is of real value and is reflected in our outer world.

IP Logged

Morrighan

Multidimensional Navigator

Isle of Everywhere
Reply #2 - Mar 27th, 2017 at 9:09pm

Well seen, seagull.

For me, I take care to insure my field is my own. That is another way of saying I don't permit others inside my field.

Related (sort of) story: a couple years ago my hostess offered me a night in her library before we set off the next morning. As I browsed the shelves I found a book on psychic self-protection. I brought up the subject as we stood in the rain by St. Stephen's Green.

"If I tried any of those techniques today, I'd be fried crispy, like streaky bacon," I remarked. "I might as well flash 'tasty victim here' in neon lights on a blimp on the inner realms."

My friends agreed. An old book that should be tossed, my hostess concurred. Nothing says "I'm an easy hit" like old style "psychic protection". That's my experience of it, anyway.
"Protection" that works, inquiring minds want to know? Never give others permission to enter your field.

Now it is true it is possible to travel to places where you are hated. They don't like you. Why are you there? /facepalm

If you push something hard enough, it will fall over — Fudd's First Law of Opposition.
It goes in — it must come out. — Teslacles Deviant to Fudd's First Law
IP Logged

Justin
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Mar 27th, 2017 at 11:56pm

I didn't become aware of hindering/negative/deceptive sources in the larger reality by listening to my "body", but by attuning my body to guidance and/or expanded guidance, and by learning how to be open, receptive, and listen to levels and individuals more aware and perceptive than self.  As well as being led to certain outer sources that guidance recommended, such as Cayce, Monroe, McKnight, etc.

I came across Cayce's work at a period in my life when I was reaching the end of my ropes. I had been dealing with a physical dis-ease/health issue that was both physically painful/very uncomfortable as well as socially embarrassing. After being holed up in my bedroom for an entire MA winter, because I was afraid to trigger the symptoms of said body imbalance--I really started to lose it.  On top of that, around the same time, I found out that my beloved Mom had 3rd stage ovarian and cervical cancer, and had a tumor inside of her that made her seem like she was pregnant.  On top of that, a literal psychopathic step father--someone whom has been to prison multiple times for fraud and violence. Someone who made my life a living hell for about a decade.  Screamed/yelled at/sworn at pretty much every day, lied about, and physically abused occasionally (mostly mildly, such as being shoved into walls). Needless to say, due to the combo of all the above, life was a little stressful and challenging.

Anyways, one night I prayed more deeply and earnestly than I had ever, and said "if there is a God and higher forces out there, PLEASE, PLEASE help me!"  At the time, I was 16. Also suicidally depressed. (I found out later, that negative beings had been nonphysically egging me on to do same. I found out that the unwise meditation I had started when I was 13, via 3 Pillars of Zen recommendations, had psychically opened me up without protection, and I became more easily influenced through their attachment to my energy field). 

Not long after praying, while browsing in a book store and in the New Age section, one book practically jumped out at my awareness.  It was a book on the Edgar Cayce readings, talking about holistic health and spirituality.  I pretty much devoured the book while in the store, because everything in same made so much holistic sense to me--completely rang true. I started to apply the information holistically on a physical, mental, and spiritual level. I ended up healing myself of this "rare, genetic" condition that mainstream doctors weren't helping me at all with.

The only wisdom of the body is that it has some gut instincts related to survival. If I had stayed listening to my body ego, I would still be miserable, depressed, and stressed out. No, I had to appeal to higher inner and outer forces.  THAT's what helped me then, and has helped me since. 

I was a "believer" in Spirit, nonphysical, etc for a few years before this crescendo, but intense experience and application, has a way of really convincing someone beyond even a combo of strong intuition and holistic logic. I had never reached out like that before.

Re: my step father--at the time, I didn't know what a psychopath was.  Such research and knowings wouldn't come till many years later. I just thought he was a major, very selfish and wounded jerk. I've become aware that I agreed to this situation pre-physical life, to help me really see more deeply into the potential dark side of humans (but originally, it wasn't meant/planned to go on that long).  My mom on the other hand, was the exact opposite of him. She was empathy incarnate, very spiritual, very loving, saw and tried to focus on the best in others.  In some ways. too much so, because she didn't see into his true nature until she had gotten pregnant back to back twice by him, and then felt trapped/stuck in the situation.  And then really had her eye's opened when she found out that he was having an affair with one of her female acquaintances while she was dying of cancer. 

You speak of healing and transformation. I have lived and breathed the nth degrees of healing and transformation. But again, it didn't happen through listening to my body's wisdom or the like. 

There are very few people on this earth, that truly know, understand and perceive the degree of corruption involved in this world, and how much negative beings, human and nonhuman, have influenced same towards that end.  One of the few people that I have met, who sees more deeply into this is Albert.  You know why?  Because he is unusually pure of heart AND fearless at the same time.  His deepest inner desire is "to do good unto others." and see this world move towards the Light at whatever cost to himself.   

It is too difficult for many people to see, recognize, or accept these hard truths, because they are so scary and uncomfortable. Even people whom have had some personal tastes and glimpses themselves materially of corruption, often have little to no idea what kind of non human beings and forces humans are up against, and the kinds of humans with immense material wealth and power that they strongly influence.

A true and full understanding of what's really going on, would bring most people sobbing, dribbling, or quivering to their knees.  It takes an inner strength and fortitude and sense of responsibility that is rare among humans. 

I have that strength because of my deeper past/history beyond this life, came in very strongly attuned to PUL, and because I went through living hell while growing up (I only outlined some of it, and didn't go into the constant moving and bullying I experienced at school from K to 12, dealing with my largely estranged, alcoholic bio dad, and lots of other fun stuff) and had to face both my inner shadow and the shadow without in very intense and direct ways. 

And here's the thing.  I didn't need to come back to the Earth at all. I as an individuated Soul had no karma left to balance.  I came here because I was asked to and saw the need for same.  And all the while, the majority of my fellow humans misunderstand, misperceive, marginalize, and/or mistreat me.

If you had any real idea of the kind of transformation, healing, etc that this self has gone through, you would not casually speak of same in reply. This is like an individual in a hollow Sethian/Sudman--Blinky heaven, lecturing a Light being who came into the hollow heaven to retrieve the one lecturing. I know you mean well, but I had gotten that pamphlet and started putting it into real practice a long time ago. 

Thank you for the kind/helpful intentions behind the words, but the words you speak are meant for/apply more to self than others I get the sense of, and the reasons why may become apparent by the end of this post. 

You have told me about some of your philosophy before (as advice directed this way), and remember what I brought up to you then?  You had talked about inner transformation and that all we needed to do was transform/heal ourselves individually. I asked you about the issues of both slavery and latter civil rights periods. I pointed out that sometimes evil triumphs in this world, because good people do nothing.  I pointed out that the people whom actually helped change these extremely destructive and unloving conditions that caused immense suffering to many fellow humans, did so by getting in other people's faces and repeating over and over again (despite much condemnation and backlash received), that these things were wrong, that change was needed, to wake up. An immensely bloody war, that divided this entire country, was fought over the former, due in large part to one guidance led Aquarian born individual whom saw the need for such outer transformation.

If these people had followed your very Yin polarized philosophy, nothing would have changed for the better.  It wasn't enough to just transform themselves, but they also acted as dynamic, Yang electrical transformers to those whom didn't want to be transformed. The latter were FORCED into accepting spiritual truth and change however much they despised and hated it. 

When harsh realities and history like this is considered, spiritual platitudes tend to lose both appeal and the ring of wisdom to those not stuck in belief systems based more on seeking comfort than reality and truth. 

Desire not comfort or peace at a price, but truth, real/lasting peace and real Love which is both Yin/Feminine AND Yang/Masculine at the same time.  Water AND Fire. 

There is nothing darker and more lacking in Light than that of forced slavery of sentient beings. And this is what the Reptilians and the anti-retriever desire for this world; slavery and immense suffering. If you were aware of their existence, their plans, and how involved they have been in the world for thousands and thousands of years, you would probably not speak as you do.  Because I do know you have a basically good heart and want to see people happy and whole.   

IP Logged

seagull
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Mar 28th, 2017 at 4:05am

OK. This is your thread, and I made a comment which states exactly what I believe. It is the truth for me, and I have no personal need to prove to you that what you are saying is wrong in order for me to be right.

For me to to state what is most definitely true for me does not in the slightest mean that I am somehow lacking in "yang" as you describe it. In fact, I could argue that the opposite is true.

Be safe, take care, best wishes to you and all.

IP Logged

Justin
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Mar 28th, 2017 at 4:29pm

While it may not seem like it, I do agree with a lot of what you said, and do think the emphasis should be on self transformation.  Where we seem to differ is the application and relativity of it. From the things I'v been shown and the history that I've looked at, I consider it limiting to approach it in a fixed and one size fits all manner. 

There are times, conditions, and situations where it calls for a more strongly Yang approach. 

As far as interaction here, it doesn't have to be about the motivation of being right. For this self, it's usually more about truth and what's constructive or not in relation to the Whole. I come off a bit severe or callous at times, because I tend to care more about the conditions of the Whole than the contentment of self or the feelings of individuals at times (very "Aquarian" like that in tendency). 

I've observed that higher, more pure truth conforms to holistic logic. If a belief, view, or approach doesn't stand up to the test of holistic logic in an impersonal sense, then imo such a belief, view, etc should be examined and questioned. 

Let's throw out for a moment, all the theoretical stuff that many haven't received guidance about or haven't had experiences with, such as Reptilians, anti-retriever, etc   Let's just address the issues/history of slavery and the battle for civil rights.  How would you--your approach and beliefs deal with such issues?   

In relation to Yin, Yang, and the integration/balance of both: Most people would probably agree that these human bodies have a certain amount of influence on our consciousness. Female bodies by their very nature tend to incline towards the Yin attunement, and vice versa with male bodies and Yang. Souls can certainly off set and counter balance these influences, but it really depends. A very Yang polarized Soul in a female body can tip the balance (or imbalance) to the Yang more, and vice versa with a very Yin Soul in a male body.  But these are somewhat the exception, rather than the rule.   

Some might be surprised to consider that this Soul, when not connected to a male human body, is slightly imbalanced/polarized to the Yin. But when I'm connected to and focusing through a male body in this level, I definitely tend a bit towards Yang polarization.

If you take a long look at history, you'll note that with some exceptions, most the of the most socially transformative personalities that have lived, the Souls that imbued same, have largely chosen to incarnate in male bodies. There is a reason for that--because of the Yang nature of these bodies.  Yang attunement is very active, focused, intense, directed. Greater energy potential.  It is the striking blow part of a martial arts move.  It is the electrical side of nature. The Yin is the defensive and deflecting part of a martial arts move. It is the magnetic and absorbing, receptive. reflective side of nature  Just as in life and in individuals, both are necessary, there are times and conditions when it's best to express a bit more of one than another. 

As someone born in a female body, under a very Yin Water Sun sign, with clear and consistent Yin behavior and interaction over the years here, could you really deny that you are strongly attuned to the Yin side of consciousness in a general and average sense?  It is not a put down to say this.  There is nothing inherently "wrong" with being more attuned to Yin than Yang.  I have complimented you several times over the years on the positive aspects of that attunement--your gentle, kind heart, how you know how to listen to folks. Your empathy and compassion. How you know when to withdraw or be quiet. These are all positive Yin tendencies. (conversely, the more limiting expression of Yin can be things like avoidance of conflict, seeking peace or comfort at a price, over passivity, being easily influenced by others or outer sources, etc.)

We all know the negative aspects of Yang attunement and expression. This world has had too much both male and Yang dominance, especially the negative kind. Over aggressiveness, too much focus on the parts for lack of the Whole, etc.  There are for example, a higher percentage of male psychopaths than female.  Since psychopathy is at it's core a combo of severe lack of felt empathy and conscience, this makes sense.  Female bodies have a stronger innate wiring towards that of empathy.  It's not just cultural.  The hormonal and functional differences (nurturing mother bodies) incline to that.

What's not often talked about is the necessary and higher nature of positive, spiritualized Yang attunement and expression.  Such as courage and steadfastness under personal danger or discomfort, challenging those in the wrong, one pointed focus/intensity, great activeness, and the purifying, transformative nature of Fire. These are positive Yang traits that the Baptist and Yeshua had and expressed in spades.

The Baptist came and said, I cleanse in Water, to prepare the way for he who comes to purify and transform in Fire.  These are Archetypal truths and cyclic patterns.  Water comes before Fire.  Human bodies are first female before some switch to male. Source was originally quiet/inactive (the pregnant void/potential), and then moved and became an active Creator (the "Father/Abba" aspect of Source). 

The ideal state is to become like He/She and perfectly balance and merge these within--that way, you can always respond to any situation, any individual, with the right proportion and emphasis of the Yin to Yang mix. 

I'm fairly certain that you are humble and aware enough to say to self and others, that you are not yet a He/She in the flesh. Hence, is it perhaps possible that at times you could use a greater awareness and attunement to the Yang and Fire side of Consciousness for a greater wholeness/completion within self? 

Is this so illogical to wonder?  You had a dream a number of years ago that you shared, and the dream so very, very clearly indicated that this was a life theme your Soul was trying to work on. There is no human judgment or condemnation in the things I'm saying to you, only an intent and hope to spark greater awareness and an awakening. 

And to switch a back a bit more to the more theoretical and impersonal. I do feel that if you had received the repeating kinds of guidance messages that Albert, Becky, and I have received regarding certain forces and groups involved with this world, you would likely have different views and approaches. It is an extreme situation. 

I think you would be a lot more understanding and inwardly tolerant of Albert and I, and not consider it some kind of inner shadow projection onto the outer world/reality.  I get the sense that this is what you and many others here lean to.  That Albert and I have psychological issues that incline us to see things like Reptilians and the like, where they don't actually, objectively exist. Hence your subtle, somewhat indirect advice about healing directed this way. 

It's understandable and even has some potential logic. Probably it does apply to some situations and individuals to some extent, but the way we have received this information over time, really argues against that interpretation. Interestingly, some of the first messages that we have received about this issue has come through Becky's dreams, before we even "believed" or seriously considered the possibility of such things existing--especially in her case.   

Becky is more focused on day to day life and physical reality than I am.  She is also focused less on world corruption and world movements than I am. But she is still rather intuitive (female bodies definitely help with that), and does have some focus on the spiritual and nonphysical.   

Anyways, I think if you take the time to read and reflect on this post with an open mind and heart, you would see that there is much holistic logic and deep perception involved on various levels. I've been considering that of late, I've been too polarized to the Yang side of expression and so I'm going to make an effort to tone some of that down--not because I'm not speaking truth, but because the way I'm doing same isn't the most helpful and constructive.  It's too "in people's faces", too fiery, too intense--not enough Yin counterbalance. 

I do, and have always, sincerely meant, what I've said about your positive Yin traits and interactions here, and that there is much about you that I admire and respect. But a real helper challenges people, tries to get them out of their comfort zone, to get to that next level.  Growth is almost always at least somewhat uncomfortable, if not often outright painful.  This odd individual wanted to grow a lot and so agreed to go through a lot to facilitate/foster a lot of inner strength--a lot of pain, friction, challenge and testing was (and still is sometimes) involved, but it was/is so worth it. It's helping self to move closer to the Home of Homes, the full conscious awareness of Source and the Oneness of the Whole that this individual has long deeply longed for.    

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Colorado
Reply #6 - Mar 28th, 2017 at 6:33pm

What does NT stand for?

Author of Persephone's Journey (Amazon.com)

http://www.vickyshort.blogspot.com/
WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #7 - Mar 28th, 2017 at 6:46pm

When I read Seagull's first reply, which I agree with, it made me think that psychic self protection is necessary for protection from physical people just as much as nonphysical in my opinion.   Wink

WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Justin
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Mar 28th, 2017 at 7:19pm

NT is short for the New Testament of the Bible. 

Re: your latter post--I'm not exactly sure what you mean.  Do you mean that I'm a negative person whom is psychically invading her space? 

It's ok if you think that, but may as well be honest and direct about it. 

The reason why Yeshua said that we shouldn't partake in judgement of others is not because we shouldn't use our critical and discriminating faculties, but because so often, we don't have a clear line to the intent/motivation behind people's actions, behaviors, etc.  That, and we don't have access to their full history and don't know what's most constructive or not in their case.   

The drunk "bum" on the street, may be in that role for a reason, or the lady stripping might temporarily be in same for a deeper reason too.  Or not, sometimes accidents or veering from plans happen as well.  Point is, unless we are very consistently attuned to PUL and our spiritual eyes have been more completely opened up, we often don't see that deeply, clearly, broadly, and holistically into others. 

Some very rare humans, like Yeshua, however did or do, and so they see and judge correctly and constructively. As in his case, sometimes when someone comes among us whom is very unusually and intensely attuned to the Light, such an individual, like in his case, can stir up the shadow of others powerfully. Which can lead to extreme irrational and largely unconscious discomfort for said individuals. 

At his crucifixion, it wasn't just the Pharisees, Sadducees, Roman soldiers, and rich and powerful folks delighting in his torture and death.  There were many "regular" people in the crowd, men and women, whom also were delighting in seeing him suffer. 

Why? How was that even possible?  He was Love, positivity, and Light incarnate. He was pure and innocent.  Why would people hate and despise him, delight in his suffering?  Why would they see negativity where there was none?   

Truly, this world and these humans are strange beings.  I'm looking forward to when I can hang out with my ET buddies again.   Wink

IP Logged

Justin
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Mar 28th, 2017 at 7:36pm

This was one of the first guidance messages we got regarding the possibility of the existence of "Reptilians".  Becky had this dream some years ago, before we had seriously considered or delved into the possibility that they existed.  Becky tends to think less about this kind of stuff than myself (she's more focused on physical reality), but she is pretty intuitive.

In the dream, she was viewing very ancient Egypt in a detached, observer kind of way. The dream focused on two men, who were friends and seemed pretty jovial.  One man, she got the impression that his name was something like Thoth. The other man remained un-named but she knew that it was me/my Soul in the past.  The un-named man she saw as a spiritual healer and teacher type, whom was more public and well known.  She saw that my friend Thoth was more in the background and kind of worked through past life me.  She got the impression that both men were in the process of trying to ascend spiritually.

She became aware of a group of intelligent beings that looked something like small, upright dinosaur type creatures.  She got the strong impression that they really didn't like what my past life self was doing--trying to help free people and so they collectively focused on me and tried to inject like psychic poison/negativity into my energy system. She saw that it started to cause problems for me.

Thoth became aware of what was going on, and to help me, he took all that negative energy out of past life me and into himself to transform it.  It somehow killed his physical body, but he ascended spiritually from this sacrificial act.

This dream was very interesting on many levels, not just the Reptilian.  It seemed to confirm/corroborate a lot of what came through Edgar Cayce about ancient Egypt as well as previous and future messages I would receive about having directly been the personality Ra Ta in my last time on Earth.

Interestingly, Cayce's guidance strongly hinted that Yeshua's Spirit/Disk had projected a life/"probe" in ancient Egypt during the Ra Ta period. They referred to his other Disk or past life self as "Hermes".  Unbeknownst to Becky at the time, the names Hermes and Thoth are pretty interchangeable.  Thoth is the Egyptian version and Hermes is what the Greeks, whom were very influenced by the Egyptians through Greek explorers/travelers like Pythagoras, called Thoth in their language.

The Cayce readings state that Hermes was the actual constructing architect of the Great Pyramid, and that Ra Ta was sort of like the project manager. The backstory from that source is that after Ra Ta got kicked out of Egypt due to a combo of political manipulation of others and his own poor judgement, he looked for a spiritual teacher and met this "Hermes" person (whom some Cayce researchers think was from Atlantis).  When Ra Ta was allowed back into Egypt 9 years after his banishment, his friend/teacher came with him.

Interestingly, the Readings don't explicitly say that Ra Ta physically died when he finished his material work and decided to leave Egypt, what they specifically said was that "he ascended to the mount and was born away".  My sense is what happened is that a group of positive ET's picked him up, like they did Elijah much later on.  Rosalind McKnight's guidance said that positive ET's would sometimes take up evolved humans to teach them etc.

It seems that Becky's guidance via her dream, was confirming multiple data points simultaneously, about the Cayce work, my past life, and the existence of the Reptilians.  Sometimes truth is stranger than fiction.

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #10 - Mar 28th, 2017 at 7:57pm

Quote:

Re: your latter post--I'm not exactly sure what you mean.  Do you mean that I'm a negative person whom is psychically invading her space? 

It's ok if you think that, but may as well be honest and direct about it. 

No that's not what I meant at all.  I don't play games and sarcasm isn't my style  Smiley

I just literally meant that on the topic of psychic self protection, I personally have found that there's more reason to be protective of oneself from the interaction of other physical living people. 

Just going off of what Seagull said...what I took her comment to mean...a person needs to do inner work to build up their defenses and to give them an edge outwardly.  Take for instance the easy analogy of a man with a small stature who might feel intimidated by others, maybe because he gets teased or laughed at, let's just say.  He might choose to start body-building and build up his physique so that his outward appearance makes him look more strong, manly, or whatever.  Or, he may choose to build up his self-esteem, take some leadership training, get into a respectable field, etc. 

My point is, I've found that protecting myself from negativity from living human beings has been one of the more difficult things I've had to undertake in my lifetime.  Some of it is indeed self-esteem related but mostly it's learning how to not allow other people's energies influence me and "take over" my own energy, thoughts, feelings, etc.  You know how you can feel that someone is in a really bad mood just by their energy, even if they aren't saying or showing it?  That's what I mean.  Or even someone being manipulative in some way.  I've just learned how to protect my energy field from that kind of energy.  I've noticed patterns and I guess you could call them themes in my life.  So for me, it's not how to avoid these kinds of people because they are always going to exist, and not about how to change them because I don't believe in changing other people, only myself, so for me it's about how to protect myself so that I'm not being controlled, influenced, or taken advantage of.

Anyway, no don't take it personally.  That's just the line of thought my mind went when I read Seagull's comment. 

WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Justin
Ex Member

Reply #11 - Mar 28th, 2017 at 8:47pm

Hi Vicky,

I asked because I wasn't sure what you meant. Thank you for the explanation, much of it makes sense ime/o.

IP Logged

Justin
Ex Member

Reply #12 - Mar 28th, 2017 at 8:58pm

Perhaps something that Rosalind McKnight talks about might relate to what you were saying.  She said in her 2nd book, maybe also her 1st, but definitely the 2nd, that the ego was not all bad/negative. 

That it also has a protective function for when we are directly connected to such a difficult world as this one. 

I've extrapolated from there a bit, metaphorically.  This world and humanity/human bodies could be viewed kind of like a huge, disharmonious cacophony of very loud noise.

The ego of the body, is like a protective, insulative bubble that softens that difficult energy before it reaches us--aka our sensitive Souls. Sort of like a crab shell and the soft, vulnerable crab inside.
  I guess the trick is to build up inner strength via attunement to PUL, so that eventually one can dissolve the ego and not need it and it's protective function.

I went from being VERY open as a child, and then due to life/difficult experiences, for a number of years, I built up defenses, walls, etc in relation to others.  I've been in the process of trying to tear down those defenses, walls, and to try to re-open my heart up.

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #13 - Mar 28th, 2017 at 9:13pm

Yep I agree.  Using PUL, and especially for one's own "rising above", is in my book the best thing we can learn here.  What you said points out to me that there are different reasons why we all struggle here in this physical world.  Maybe tearing down and building up are two sides of the same coin.

WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Justin
Ex Member

Reply #14 - Mar 28th, 2017 at 9:15pm

And perhaps related is the real life experience. I've wondered why I've been talking so much about self of late in a self boosting kind of way? (not my usual pattern) I've considered previously, and especially since we talked about we're talking about as far as ego, self defense, etc. because I've been experiencing certain somewhat mildly stressful/upsetting things in relation to this site/forum and life in general, that it's partly a way of trying to make myself feel good about self, while it seems that some others have a problem with me.  It's like reminding oneself, "no, really, you're ok, you have worth, you have value".

Aka, the protective, bubble, self defensive, insulating nature of the human body ego?  Maybe I should thank it and tell it, I don't really need it's help?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.