Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
My toned Down thread on OOBE? (Read 4858 times)
Alan McDougall

South Africa
My toned Down thread on OOBE?
Mar 25th, 2016 at 7:31am

While I am positive an OOBE will never lead to happiness or satisfaction, it is not my right to tell people what they should do or what they should not do?

Both Mountaineering and OOBE can be dangerous to the person attempting them, however,

As an analogy, not everyone wants to climb Mount Everest and many who have attempted it have died on the way to the top, or even when they thought they were victorious on the way down!

Some rare great mountaineers have climbed this great mountain many times and got a great sense of achievement and even joy out of it.

Blessings and Light

Alan McDougall
WWW <a href= <a href=  
IP Logged

Re: My toned Down thread on OOBE?
Reply #1 - Mar 26th, 2016 at 2:00am

During meditation one time, I was pondering some Christian issues when a presence I had not met before offered to show me something, but with a warning that should I accept that it would change me. After some consideration I agreed. I was taken out-of-body to a great height, physically and non-physically,introduced to some others, and from there I was shown what I had agreed to see.

It changed me in a way and more than I could ever have imagined it would. I think I came back as what is termed a born again Christian. Although I had always considered myself a Christian, I think it was rather shallow until then, for after that experience with all that I saw and learnt I came back with my Christian faith magnified many fold and changed. The change was incredible. Mostly to my heart, and from there to every other part of me. 

So now I am one of those rare people who is both a committed Christian and does out of body excursions. Nowadays I seldom put effort into the excursions, unless there is a need to. Mostly I just pray, and sometimes an excursion is part of the result of the prayer.      

Certainly, as Alan says, there are risks to leaving the body, and there are certainly risks with occult practice. I know those risks very well, and fell into many of them and know first hand their consequences.

Natural going out of body in dream state as occurs to most people when the subtle bodies dismantle during sleep, and even increasing one's consciousness of that natural process, is not dangerous. But full conscious going out of body and the training and conditioning required to do it does carry risk, for it is a manipulated and somewhat forced effort which is unlikely to occur under ordinary conditions. Also, with the first mentioned method, the oversoul/God/spirit is in change, not one's own freewill, and there is safety in that. But in the second mentioned method oneself is fully in charge and mistakes can be made.   

IP Logged

Ambivalent
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Mar 26th, 2016 at 4:07am

1796 wrote on Mar 26th, 2016 at 2:00am:
Natural going out of body in dream state as occurs to most people when the subtle bodies dismantle during sleep, and even increasing one's consciousness of that natural process, is not dangerous [..] the oversoul/God/spirit is in change, not one's own freewill, and there is safety in that [..]

What are your thoughts about lucid dreaming in this regard?

Recently talked with a friend about dreams. She told me about her boyfriend and his dream about his father (after his passing). The father told him in the dream that he was paying attention to him and asked him to do good with his life. The boyfriend shortly after visited his mother, and without mentioning his dream, she told him about her dream about his father. The father stood outside the house of his wife, and she asked him to come inside. He told her he would not be around no more, but that he was paying attention to her and his son, and asked that she did good with her life.

My friend also told me that as a kid she had a dream about flying around a tall local building. She forgot about it until she as a grown up saw pictures from the top of that building being renovated, how strangely familiar the pictures were and remembered the dream flying around the building.

Another friend once told me about a dream she had about her teacher shortly after he passed on. They were standing by his grave, and he was calmly puzzled about how strange it was to see his own grave.

IP Logged

Alan McDougall

South Africa
Reply #3 - Mar 26th, 2016 at 5:59am

1796 wrote on Mar 26th, 2016 at 2:00am:
During meditation one time, I was pondering some Christian issues when a presence I had not met before offered to show me something, but with a warning that should I accept that it would change me. After some consideration I agreed. I was taken out-of-body to a great height, physically and non-physically,introduced to some others, and from there I was shown what I had agreed to see.

It changed me in a way and more than I could ever have imagined it would. I think I came back as what is termed a born again Christian. Although I had always considered myself a Christian, I think it was rather shallow until then, for after that experience with all that I saw and learnt I came back with my Christian faith magnified many fold and changed. The change was incredible. Mostly to my heart, and from there to every other part of me. 

So now I am one of those rare people who is both a committed Christian and does out of body excursions. Nowadays I seldom put effort into the excursions, unless there is a need to. Mostly I just pray, and sometimes an excursion is part of the result of the prayer.      

Certainly, as Alan says, there are risks to leaving the body, and there are certainly risks with occult practice. I know those risks very well, and fell into many of them and know first hand their consequences.

Natural going out of body in dream state as occurs to most people when the subtle bodies dismantle during sleep, and even increasing one's consciousness of that natural process, is not dangerous. But full conscious going out of body and the training and conditioning required to do it does carry risk, for it is a manipulated and somewhat forced effort which is unlikely to occur under ordinary conditions. Also, with the first mentioned method, the oversoul/God/spirit is in change, not one's own freewill, and there is safety in that. But in the second mentioned method oneself is fully in charge and mistakes can be made.   

Meditation is a form of prayer, in which it is possible to contact a higher entity and in my opinion even Almighty God

However, you must know exactly how to decern if you are indeed talking to God or are in contact with a dark force.

I am very interested in what was shown you and if it had such a continual positive influence on your life, I feel sure it came from the light and love of God?
Alan

Blessings and Light

Alan McDougall
WWW <a href= <a href=  
IP Logged

doodad

ALK Member

Reply #4 - Mar 26th, 2016 at 12:17pm

Quote:
I am very interested in what was shown you and if it had such a continual positive influence on your life,

as someone who is currently struggling with understanding reality and Christianity, I second the motion. Tell us, 1796.

IP Logged

Rondele
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Mar 26th, 2016 at 12:50pm

I'll third the motion.

R

IP Logged

Reply #6 - Mar 26th, 2016 at 6:57pm

Motion accepted, Gentlemen.

Alan is correct, of course, in saying that meditation is a form of prayer, certainly at its higher levels.

To relay all the details of the experience mentioned above would be too long a post, but I will outline some of what was covered without the specifics.

I was introduced to some beings who oversaw and oversee the design, introduction and development of         religions on Earth.

They showed me the different major religions of the planet throughout our known history, with the purpose and role of those religions, along with the characteristics and requirements of their respective races. The education covered  Earth-time from several thousand years ago up to the current time. The effects of the religions on their populations over time was also shown.

Covered also, was how the respective religions worked and effected upon man, spiritually and psychologically, individually and sociologically, and in relation to the overall purpose of the "Earth school" (for want of a better term). And, for where, and what are, the religions on their higher levels - what forces do they serve and represent.

The education naturally demonstrated the application, workings and effect of Christianity in comparison with the other religions.    

Readers can probably imagine the huge amount of information contained in such a picture. But -- and this is the point I wish to emphasise -- all that information, the immense grandness and wonder of the picture provided, was and is of little significance to me compared to the effect it had upon my heart.

When I came back I knew I was different, and would never be the same as before. My heart could now understand something, and was put on the spot, so to speak, to make its choice of which way to go. Towards the understanding that I had just acquired, or away from it. After careful thought, I chose towards it.

The effect on my heart after that was like having love wrung out of it - as if my heart were a wet flannel having the water wrung and twisted out of it. But the water, the love, is never ending. It keeps on coming. And my eyes wring as well. The sensation is one of extreme pleasure and pain together.  And with it comes better understanding of the subject to which it is directed. Initially the process and its sensation kept up for several weeks. Then subsided to a more manageable level. Since then I have learnt to control or manage it better. It is the sensation of Christ, the Spirit of Love for Earth, moving through the heart.

Ambivalent enquired, "What are your thoughts about lucid dreaming in this regard?"

Dreams are, of course, of many sorts. Some are of little importance or meaning. Others carry much good use for us. They may clarify complexities that we are struggling with. They may be memories carried by the semi-conscious astral body returning from its externalisation during sleep and downloading the content of its semi conscious memories into the physical brain. They may me teachings and lessons from higher sources. They may be delusions.

All information, from whatever source, must be subject to our own best judgement. We have freewill, judgement is ours, as are our decisions which follow our judgement.      

IP Logged

Reply #7 - Mar 27th, 2016 at 5:34am

IP Logged

Alan McDougall

South Africa
Reply #8 - Mar 27th, 2016 at 9:47am

1796 wrote on Mar 27th, 2016 at 5:34am:
evangelicaldisciple.files.wordpress.com/2014/06/sacred-heart-of-jesus.jp
g

If I understood you correctly, you were shown the religions of the world and given a choice as to which one you would want to adhere to as true and loving.

And that was Christianity? If so perfect!!

Below is an excerpt from one of my similar experiences!

I continue to have vivid visions and dreams, I felt positive that  I was communicated and in dialogue some higher intelligence and absorbed huge amounts of unknown, mysteries, information and wisdom of the universe and creation.

A kind voice asked me if “I would like to cherish the moment” I cried out yes, yes, please, “but let me remember what I saw when I come out of the altered state of consciousness”

Sadly I only remember a little of what I saw and heard and have recorded it in this document. . I saw the future flashing before my eyes in rapid non-stop visions etc??

Alan
« Last Edit: Mar 27th, 2016 at 2:37pm by Alan McDougall »  

Blessings and Light

Alan McDougall
WWW <a href= <a href=  
IP Logged

Reply #9 - Mar 28th, 2016 at 12:09am

Alan McDougall wrote on Mar 27th, 2016 at 9:47am:
If I understood you correctly, you were shown the religions of the world and given a choice as to which one you would want to adhere to as true and loving.

Not quite. I wasn't very clear, and I am struggling to find the words to encapsulate it.

It was more that I was shown the story of Christianity, of how and why it was grafted onto Judaism and not any of the other religions of the time, and shown its purpose and effect on souls in comparison with the purpose and effect of the Earth school, and secondarily, shown its effect in comparison with other religions.

That the experience would change me was inevitable, but how it would change me, whether for better or worse, would depend on my self and my following judgements and choices that I would make, or not make. 

I was not given a choice, but made a choice. I made a choice to receive the information in its form, and to be shown something that I had been informed would change me in some unknown way. Following that, my options widened, and further choices became available. As they do all the time through life, with every widening of understanding and of view. I then made the choice to commit fully to Christianity. But objectively looking back at who I am, in all likelihood I would have accepted the offer to be shown something that would change me; and also, in looking back at who I was and at what I would be shown, I can see that in all probability I would have made the following choice that I made. So in some ways it was an inevitability or at least a likely choice, for me at least. As humans we tend to veer more often than we make 90 or 180 degree turns. In this case my choice or veering included more a ramping upward.

Although the story and its education provided widened my view and deepened my understanding, I think it was more my subsequent choices that developed the change in my heart. But I am not sure about that, I mean, not sure to what degree external effect/influence compared to my own choice played their parts.

I expect I will it on the web one day. The reason I haven't is because there were lead up events with lead up understandings, without which some of it may not make sense to the reader. But perhaps I should disregard that.

I don't like to be vague.

IP Logged

Alan McDougall

South Africa
Reply #10 - Mar 28th, 2016 at 9:21am

1796 wrote on Mar 28th, 2016 at 12:09am:
Alan McDougall wrote on Mar 27th, 2016 at 9:47am:

Not quite. I wasn't very clear, and I am struggling to find the words to encapsulate it.

It was more that I was shown the story of Christianity, of how and why it was grafted onto Judaism and not any of the other religions of the time, and shown its purpose and effect on souls in comparison with the purpose and effect of the Earth school, and secondarily, shown its effect in comparison with other religions.

That the experience would change me was inevitable, but how it would change me, whether for better or worse, would depend on my self and my following judgements and choices that I would make, or not make. 

I was not given a choice, but made a choice. I made a choice to receive the information in its form, and to be shown something that I had been informed would change me in some unknown way. Following that, my options widened, and further choices became available. As they do all the time through life, with every widening of understanding and of view. I then made the choice to commit fully to Christianity. But objectively looking back at who I am, in all likelihood I would have accepted the offer to be shown something that would change me; and also, in looking back at who I was and at what I would be shown, I can see that in all probability I would have made the following choice that I made. So in some ways it was an inevitability or at least a likely choice, for me at least. As humans we tend to veer more often than we make 90 or 180 degree turns. In this case my choice or veering included more a ramping upward.

Although the story and its education provided widened my view and deepened my understanding, I think it was more my subsequent choices that developed the change in my heart. But I am not sure about that, I mean, not sure to what degree external effect/influence compared to my own choice played their parts.

I expect I will it on the web one day. The reason I haven't is because there were lead up events with lead up understandings, without which some of it may not make sense to the reader. But perhaps I should disregard that.

I don't like to be vague.                  

Although you were not asked to choose I can't imagine why you were shown all this and were not expected to make a choice, even if not asked to do so.
Alan McDougall

The Greatest Man Who Ever Lived

“He was born in an obscure village, the child of a peasant woman. 
He grew up in another village, where He worked in a carpenter shop until He was thirty.
Then for three years He was an itinerant preacher. 
He never wrote a book. 
He never held an office. 
He never had a family or a home. 
He didn’t go to college. 
He never visited a big city. 
He never travelled two hundred miles from the place where He was born. 
He did none of the things that usually accompany greatness. 
He had no credentials but Himself. 
He was only thirty-three when the tide of public opinion turned against Him. 
His friends ran away. 
One of them denied Him. 
He was turned over to His enemies and went through the mockery of a trial. 
He was nailed to a cross between two thieves. 

While He was dying, His executioners gambled for His garments, the only property He had on earth.  When He was dead, He was laid in a borrowed grave through the pity of a friend.

Nineteen centuries have come and gone, and today He is the central figure of the human race. 
All the armies that ever marched, all the navies that ever sailed, all the parliaments that ever sat, all the kings that ever reigned, put together, have not affected the life of man on this earth as much as that One Solitary Life.”

He is Jesus Christ our Lord and Saviour

Blessings and Light

Alan McDougall
WWW <a href= <a href=  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.