Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Eternity in the Afterlife a Scary Thought (Read 1961 times)
Alan McDougall

South Africa
Eternity in the Afterlife a Scary Thought
Mar 19th, 2016 at 6:14am

Eternity in heaven, scary thought

Thinking about eternity after death can be very scary indeed while we all want to live in peace and joy forever after we die; the very unimaginable idea of everlasting eternity is daunting to our mortal understanding.

How would we occupy ourselves, for eternity, would one not become mind-blowingly board with our heavenly friends in a place of never-ending, eternal happiness and peace, without any challenges after billions of years would become unpleasant like eating barrels of ice-cream.

Try to think the moment you die, you must go to a very new and strange place full of strangers no matter how pleasant they are.

If God is going to wipe away every tear and supply all our needs, what then is left for us to do, in this heavenly realm of ecstatic bliss?

Eternity is a very long time. In fact, if you were to measure eternity it would take you forever to complete your measurement.

In fact, you would not be able to finish the measurement at all, because eternity has no ending. In fact, eternity does not have a beginning either.

Although of course, as we think we have explained so far, it would not actually take an eternity, it would just feel that way. For eternity is an incomprehensibly long time.

It boggles the mind how one could even start to explain to someone how utterly and totally mind numbingly long eternity it simply goes on forever and ever, without ever ending

A very much smaller unit of is the googol year, One ‘googol’ year, is how much?

10 to the power of a 100

As an example Lets take a number smaller number than  googol years say 100,000,000,000 or in other words a hundred  billion years, compress  them billion, billion , billion, billion , billion , billion , billion , billion, billion , billion , billion, billion, billion times so that they fit into the thickness of a single dollar bill a billion billion billion billion billion billion billion billion times over, and one-googol years would give still give you a pile of money that reaches one hundred quadrillions, quadrillion, quadrillion, quadrillion, light years high.

It would not even fit into a universe a billion, billion, billion, and times larger than our own immense universe.

How small fleeting and insignificant we are we are?

One googol year, that’s truly staggering, totally beyond anything, a human can comprehend.

Nevertheless, compared to eternity it is infinitely small 

Take a hypothetical example of a small bird sharpening its bill on the peak of mount Everest, only once, every zillion, zillion, zillion, zillion, zillion, zillion, zillion, zillion, zillion, zillion, zillion, zillion, zillion, zillion, zillion, zillion, zillion, zillion, zillion, zillion, zillion, zillion, zillion,, zillion, zillion years.

And yet when mount Everest is completely worn down only the first moment of eternity would have begun.  Cry

Blessings and Light

Alan McDougall
WWW <a href= <a href=  
IP Logged

Ralph Buskey

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Brick Township, NJ
Re: Eternity in the Afterlife a Scary Thought
Reply #1 - Mar 19th, 2016 at 9:59pm

Eternity in the afterlife for me would be the greatest thing I could have ever wanted. Even in this limited lifetime on Earth, I can think of millions of activities that I could achieve in if only I had the time.

Physical time in one incarnation is much shorter than eternity of course, and numerous incarnations could seem like a Groundhog day type of torture if all you experience is set backs and pain. Life in the higher realms would be free of pain and limitations to creative expression. One could look forward to that.

I learned over the years to not contemplate eternity, because it would be based on my limited point of view while in this physical existence. The minor breakthroughs I have achieved through meditation into the higher levels of life have been wonderful and leave me in anticipation of what's to come when I am free of this physical body.

Eternity in the afterlife could seem boring if you just sit back and wait to be entertained. We can create our own entertainment over there and have all of eternity to enjoy it.

Ralph

Ralph Buskey Ralph Buskey  
IP Logged

Alan McDougall

South Africa
Re: Eternity in the Afterlife a Scary Thought
Reply #2 - Mar 20th, 2016 at 7:17am

Ralph Buskey wrote on Mar 19th, 2016 at 9:59pm:
   Eternity in the afterlife for me would be the greatest thing I could have ever wanted. Even in this limited lifetime on Earth, I can think of millions of activities that I could achieve in if only I had the time.

Physical time in one incarnation is much shorter than eternity of course, and numerous incarnations could seem like a Groundhog day type of torture if all you experience is set backs and pain. Life in the higher realms would be free of pain and limitations to creative expression. One could look forward to that.

I learned over the years to not contemplate eternity, because it would be based on my limited point of view while in this physical existence. The minor breakthroughs I have achieved through meditation into the higher levels of life have been wonderful and leave me in anticipation of what's to come when I am free of this physical body.

Eternity in the afterlife could seem boring if you just sit back and wait to be entertained. We can create our own entertainment over there and have all of eternity to enjoy it.

Ralph

Why do you people keep referring to incarnations, where you must return to a physical body over and over again?

Your material body is just a set of clothes you soul used to negotiate itself through mortal life on planet earth

Yet you want to return again and again for another set of clothes, why and what for?

As for me, when this physical body of mine dies I am not returning to this gray bleak existence again, but moving into the light in an ethereal body that never perishes.

Blessings and Light

Alan McDougall
WWW <a href= <a href=  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.