Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
lucid dreams (Read 2833 times)
seagull

ALK Member

land sea sky
lucid dreams
Oct 30th, 2015 at 8:24am

Last night I had a lucid dream which seemed to persist for quite a while. I realized I was dreaming and had a much clearer understanding that I was dreaming than in any lucid dream which I remember. I was hovering in the "air" somewhat and was delighted when I realized that I was "awake" and could do whatever I wanted.

I began interacting with the people in my dream. It was not too long before I became immersed in the interactions and lost my ability to direct my intention clearly. The interactions with the people in the dream caused me to lose focus after a time, although I still felt a sense of freedom and knew I was not in the day to day world.

It was also interesting that I was aware of my worldly abilities, because I ran into someone who was a particular kind of cook, and I knew that I also could do such things -- my knowledge began to return to me, although I have not done those things in over 30 years.

Mostly, I was just enjoying the company and was in a fine mood.

I would sure like to be able to do that more often because it was a terrific feeling. I can understand why people become very interested in going out of body because it is just plain fun.

What is the best way to maintain focus while in a lucid dream?

By the way, I felt that one of you was there, but I won't name that person because there is no need. The person from this board was just one of the friends (as it seemed a friendly group there) who happened to be in the vicinity.

IP Logged

Re: lucid dreams
Reply #1 - Nov 1st, 2015 at 3:48am

seagull wrote on Oct 30th, 2015 at 8:24am:
What is the best way to maintain focus while in a lucid dream?

If we go about the day in dulled down consciousness, then do not expect to pass out of body with full consciousness. Only full consciousness passes out of body fully conscious.

The training is done in waking times, in all times when awake. Be conscious of yourself and surroundings. When going about all things, when walking, working, interacting. Be conscious of your own presence in your head, be conscious of your own existence. Be deliberate in all you do, focused, attentive. When sitting, when observing things, be aware of your own consciousness, of yourself the observer, seated in the seat of self control. Gradually with practice consciousness will heighten, intensify, strengthen. You will become more focused and deliberate in all you do. Do not stress about it, do not over do it. Practice it for periods then relax the effort, then practice again, on and off, gradually increasing time and effort. It will become easier, consciousness will become more focused and intense, more constant. Your sense of presence in your head will be heightened and intensified, you will be more in control of all your thoughts and words and actions, more deliberate. When consciousness is exercised, strengthened and heightened in this way, it is more able to pass out of the body when the body is put to sleep.

The work of heightening and intensifying consciousness is done while awake, while living daily life, not left to when half asleep and dreaming. A byproduct of this work will then be greater consciousness in dreams.      

IP Logged

sanatogen

Re: lucid dreams
Reply #2 - Oct 11th, 2016 at 9:46am

Another route is Wake Induced Lucid Dreaming.
I recently purchased a book on WILDS, that asks the reader to observe more closely the "body asleep process." that we all learned as children

I'm sure anyone here has been through similar techniques before.

I'm 40% through the book and so far it reminds me of

Bob Monroes 10 steps to total relaxation
then Robert Bruces pre-sleep observations to maintain consciousness
and finally Bruce Moens diving into 3D blackness.

Basically, through deep breathing, shallow and then deep again, you maintain consciousness  to the point you see Hypnagogic imagery , then dive into a piece of this imagery to enter a reality fully lucid, as opposed to the randomness of trying to be lucid in the many dreams you have at night.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.