Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
End of the world? (Read 6029 times)

End of the world?
Aug 10th, 2015 at 11:07am

Last night I dreamt I was sitting with others in an unfamiliar house in suburbia. Out the window I saw a flash of bright light and then a great red cloud rising into the distant sky. I stood up and went outside to investigate. The house was on a hill so I looked across the suburbs on the lower land and saw fires erupting in a progressive pattern, then I felt a wave of intense heat and my skin burnt. I sheltered low and a shock wave and hot wind went over me. After it passed the temperature was increasing by the moment into scalding degrees. I saw people with their skin burnt, as mine was burnt.

Then I had a second dream. I was seated at my sister's home in suburbia. Outside I saw a flash of bright light. Without going outside or to the window to investigate I immediately called my sister and brother-in-law to come with me down the stairwell into the garage and basement. They were slow to move so I yelled at them and grabbed them and physically rushed them down the stairs. We had just got down the stairwell when a heat and shockwave went above us over the house. 

IP Logged

Re: End of the world?
Reply #1 - Aug 11th, 2015 at 11:35pm

Part II

Then I awoke and noticed my skin was very hot indeed. It is wintertime here and I had fallen asleep on the settee in front of a roaring fire that was radiating a lot of heat.

Also, I expect readers are aware that it is the seventieth anniversary of the ending of the Pacific War and of the nuclear bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki.  And before falling asleep I had been watching a television program about the history of uranium and the development of atomic weapons. There had been several scenes in the program showing old film of nuclear tests with houses being incinerated and blown away, and showing the burnt ruins of Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

There is a tendency for some people to attribute any dream that has warlike or disaster like scenes in it to be foretelling a calamity.  Mostly though, that is not the case.

Our mental and emotional condition and physical circumstances can bear upon our dreams.

IP Logged

recoverer

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Reply #2 - Aug 12th, 2015 at 3:14pm

I don't know about the "mostly" part.  Dreams can serve different purposes.

If a person's Oversoul knows that such person will pay attention to his dreams in order to receive information, that Oversoul might try to pass on information this way.

On the other hand, if a person doesn't pay attention to his dreams, an Oversoul is less likely to try to pass on information this way.

One night I had a dream that I helped cure a guy of cancer remotely.  I asked for a verification and was given the name of a school I had never heard of, an Island I had never heard of, and the name of a person. I did an internet search and found that a school with this name has a hospital extension on an Island that has the name I was given.

I sent the hospital a couple of emails in order to see if they had a patient with the name I received, but they wouldn't respond to my emails. So perhaps I received a partial confirmation.

A hardcore skeptic might say that at some point during my life I had heard of this hospital and Island and I didn't remember that I did so. Therefore, my subconscious mind took advantage of my lack of Conscious memory and fooled me by providing me with information I had heard about but forgotten.  Or perhaps my Oversoul told me what is true. Which possibility seems more true? If a person is overly intent on remaining a skeptic, his subconscious programming (not his Oversoul) will cause him to believe that my subconscious mind fooled me. On the other hand a person who has been in contact with his Oversoul might be inclined to believe that my Oversoul provided me with the information I speak of above.

How about waking dreams? One morning I was meditating and suddenly I found myself driving on 101 South next to the San Francisco Airport on my way to work. This is the route I take to work each morning. Suddenly I had to slam on the brakes because cars in front of me suddenly stopped.

I usually drive in the fast lane. Since this waking dream accident took place in the fast lane (the lane I usually use), I decided to not use it that day. When I drove to work that morning, in the same location as in the above dream, I looked in the fast lane and saw that there was a car that wasn't slowing down as needed in order to react to a sudden halt in traffic. That car crashed into the car in front of him with such force that a chain reaction was created and the three cars in front of him were involved with the accident. If I would've driven in the fast lane like I usually do, I might've been involved with this accident.

How about while awake and walking around? One time I was walking in my office and a stop sign was shown to me. I came to a halt and lady came barreling around the corner quite fast. I avoided walking into her. That is a good thing because she has a lower back problem.

On three occasions I've been told ahead of time that an Earthquake was going to take place and then it happened.

What would a skeptic say about the above? It would depend upon how dedicated, dogmatic, religious, overzealous, fervent, stubborn,  fanatical he is about being a skeptic. If he was such a way, he might assume for example, that an Earthquake took place, and then my insane mind imagined that I was told about the Earthquake ahead of time.

If he knew me personally he would see that I am quite sane. Perhaps in order to overcome this dilemma he might conclude that I'm a liar.

IP Logged

Reply #3 - Aug 12th, 2015 at 10:42pm

Good points Albert. And interesting accounts too.

Recoverer said:
"If a person's Oversoul knows that such person will pay attention to his dreams in order to receive information, that Oversoul might try to pass on information this way.

On the other hand, if a person doesn't pay attention to his dreams, an Oversoul is less likely to try to pass on information this way."

crossbow's reply:
Yes, exactly. An individual's dream language (the meanings of representations/symbols) is their own, from the use of such a language at all, down to the detailed symbolic meanings, and to the degree of symbolism (representation) to actuality/literally (non-representation). Much of their dream language is automatically acquired through the experience of life, by things acquiring meaning through experiences, and some of the chunkier aspects of the language may be shared with others due to our common living experiences. And if we know how to, then we can formulate and fine tune our own dream language between ourself and our oversoul. There's a bit of skill and knowhow required to do it though, for it must coincide/harmonise with our automatically acquired dream language, so we must have a reasonable understanding of that first, which requires a fair bit of particular self awareness. A consciously built up dream language is done in meditative/prayerful arrangement with our oversoul, and piece by piece, gradually over time, being careful to harmonise it with and not create discord/contradiction with our automatically acquired dream language.

Some communications between oversoul and soul can be had in dreams without the need to be representative/symbolic, depending on the individual's mental ability to fathom the concept actually, but in most cases not, because freewill must be maintained and because most concepts are communicated in their vastest or most extensive or most widely applicable meaning, and symbols do that best. Symbols are also most easily transferred/communicated with least energy, or with most meaning for effort. They are economical. 

There are so many kinds of dreams though, with so many purposes and uses. Science is a long way from understanding them. The individual can study them himself though and learn much. It is a slow learning curve, but every incremental advance is a significant and interesting one.

I used to often have other people's dreams, particularly with one person, because I thought it was fascinating to do so, but after a few years of doing it I consciously decided not to do it any more, not for anyone. So don't think I ever drop in, it won't happen. It causes difficulties for people, no matter how accustomed they think they are to occult (for need of a better word) matters, to dream of someone and have that someone tell them about it as they recall it is unnerving, particularly for some dreams, and particularly if it occurs frequently. There are all sorts of difficult possibilities involved and it can be disruptive to another's life and tasks, unless it is very carefully and discreetly done. I think I mentioned elsewhere the communication issue (?). Sometimes though it can be harmless and fun. I once took someone across the Pacific, over Canada and the great lakes there, and they remembered it well. That was harmless. Other times I have attended night classes with others. I used to enjoy asking someone to think about their dream then tell them about it. So many difficulties can arise though. Nowadays, even if someone comes to me in a dream and discusses something, I will not let on when I next see them, even if they talk about it. Same with people's past lives. It is all kept secret now.   

A few anecdotes too:

1. The Australian aborigines are an interesting people. They were until recently, pure stone age, and had been for 60,000 years, so their stone age ways are well genetically and customarily settled in. What they term "the dreaming" is important to them. The dreaming is a broad and elastic concept taking in not just dreams, but also the behind the scenes world, the afterlife, the distant past, the origins of things, stories, certain dances, and all manner of what we might term psychic phenomena. The dreaming is not just a belief system that the old full bloods follow, it is something deeply established in their being and is like two worlds which blend into each other. I have knocked around a bit and one time with a group of bush full bloods one of them woke up in the night and started yelling and kicking another one for something he had just done in a dream. Then they went back to sleep. A couple of hours later another one awoke and did the same. Later in the night, one moment everyone was asleep, then suddenly a loud and violent group fight erupted. Then they went to sleep again. These fights are due to the overlap the dreaming has with daily life. (As you can imagine, alcohol and drugs cause havoc with them, for they are not genetically tolerant to alcohol and the dreaming gets effected too. Also they are not smart in an intellect sense so reason and impulse control can be a problem. I'm generalising of course, commenting on a recognisable pattern within a majority. There is much variation too.)    

2. When my aboriginal friend and neighbour died in the night he came to visit me in a dream as clear as can be and told me he had died and that he had two jobs for me to do. Then he said goodbye and faded away. I laid there awhile partly doubting it, then his wife rang on the phone and told me he had died. I went over and saw immediately what the two jobs were and attended to them. His totem was the wedge tailed eagle. At his funeral on his property a wedge tail circled overhead all day, and when I left it followed me home, circling over me until I got home and went in my door, then it went back to his place until the last person left the funeral.

We should not take dreams too literally, for they may be representative:

3. I dreamed several times of being surrounded by hundreds of dying people laying on the ground around me, some of the dying had living people attending to and comforting them. I walked amongst them feeling as if I had an overseeing and helping role. When awake I thought the dream might signify a great calamity with many deaths. Then a little later I was offered a job terminal nursing at a hospice. For the next 6 years I was surrounded by the dying.

Or if literally correct, the context may be different than might be expected: 

4. I dreamt of looking through foliage at a great dark cloud with lightning flashing through it and believing I was about to die. When awake I wondered if the dream might signify a war or some other cause of such a dark cloud leading to my death. Later that day (I was working out bush) I was high up a tall tree (for reasons I'll leave out to keep story short) hanging desperately and exhausted from a branch by my hands and about to fall to my death. While hanging there I looked through the foliage and saw the same cloud and lighting flashing scene as I saw in my dream. I knew I would die if I fell and I managed to heave myself up onto the branch to safety.                     

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #4 - Aug 13th, 2015 at 12:23pm

Gosh, I didn't know that Aborigines will fight each other over what takes place in dreams. That could present a problem to an Oversoul that tries to communicate to such a person or tries to work out aspects of mind through dreams.

I agree that a person and his (or her) Oversoul can develop a symbolic language. I've done so and it has evolved over time. The same symbols can be used while I am awake.

I agree that care needs to be taken to not always take such symbolism too literally.  For example, for me, an angry dog might represent a shadow aspect of myself. If I get attacked by a dog during a dream, this doesn't necessarily mean that I will actually get attacked by a dog. Rather, a shadow aspect of myself might give me some trouble so I should take care.

Another thing that can happen with dreams, you might see a person you care about go through difficulty that they aren't actually going through. Such a dream incident takes place so you can be aware of your unwarranted concern about them.

Or you might experience somebody close to you go through a negative experience not because they are actually going through such an experience, but so you'll consider people who are with the same level of concern as someone who is close to you.

False interpretation can happen not only with dreams, but also with OBEs. I've read of OBEs that others have had and it seemed as if they interpreted the meaning incorrectly.

It seems as if a number of people don't understand that their Oversouls help them have OBEs. If I remember correctly, it took Robert Monroe years before he realized that his I-there was helping him with OBEs.

If people became more aware of the fact that their Oversouls help them with OBEs, they might more accurately understand what is being communicated during an OBE. Every OBE I've had has had a specific purpose. There are occasions when I experienced something that was just a projection for my benefit, not something that existed for others.

Regarding end of the World dreams (I can't say that I've had one), it could be that on some occasions people are told of "possible" negative future events so they (and others) will do what is needed to prevent them. If they do what is needed, such negative events won't take place.

« Last Edit: Aug 13th, 2015 at 2:55pm by recoverer »  

IP Logged

Reply #5 - Aug 14th, 2015 at 7:19am

recoverer wrote on Aug 13th, 2015 at 12:23pm:
(1) Gosh, I didn't know that Aborigines will fight each other over what takes place in dreams.

(2) I agree that a person and his (or her) Oversoul can develop a symbolic language. I've done so and it has evolved over time. The same symbols can be used while I am awake.

(3) False interpretation can happen not only with dreams, but also with OBEs. I've read of OBEs that others have had and it seemed as if they interpreted the meaning incorrectly.

It seems as if a number of people don't understand that their Oversouls help them have OBEs. If I remember correctly, it took Robert Monroe years before he realized that his I-there was helping him with OBEs.

If people became more aware of the fact that their Oversouls help them with OBEs, they might more accurately understand what is being communicated during an OBE. Every OBE I've had has had a specific purpose. There are occasions when I experienced something that was just a projection for my benefit, not something that existed for others.

(4) Regarding end of the World dreams (I can't say that I've had one), it could be that on some occasions people are told of "possible" negative future events so they (and others) will do what is needed to prevent them. If they do what is needed, such negative events won't take place.

1. There is much about the Australian Aboriginal and other races, cultures and religions that is not known by most westerners, mainly because people whose job it is to disseminate truth prefer a fantasy truth to truth itself. In the western democracies there is an ongoing war on truth.  Much ignorance is not its own fault, but the fault of manipulators with rotten motives. The same happens in your country, the USA, in some ways even more so.

2. Yes, the same language can be utilised when awake, such as what some term signs and omens, particularly when the direct connection to God is obstructed. During a period of time when despite continual prayer I remained obstructed from God due to obstructions in myself which had to run their course, and during that time nature became a go-between for me. Almost daily I would step outside in the morning and the elements, vegetation and creatures would communicate their messages to me in the way of noticeable symbols. One morning before work an unpleasant north wind blew and as I stood at my car door before opening it I looked up and saw a crow hovering on the wind directly above me. It looked down at me, then turned on the wind and flew up the road several hundred yards, then stopped and hovered on the wind again over a particular location above some trees. I felt a message enter me but could not decipher it so I put it aside and got in the car to drive to work. A couple of hundred yards up the road I got a flat tyre and pulled over to change it. I could not locate the jack recess by feel and being a low slung car I could not see it either. Foolishly I laid on my back and pressed up the car to lift it high enough to look underneath. My arms gave out and the vehicle came down across my forehead, pinning my head under the car with my body laying across the narrow dirt road. The pressure was immense and I feared my skull might give way. I could see directly up through the trees and saw I was laying where the crow was hovering and I knew I had to get the car off my head or a female neighbour would come along the road later and find a traumatising mess and I did not want to do that to her. The crow seemed to encourage me and I pressed the car up with all my remaining strength and got my head out from under the car, cut, bruised and gravel pressed into the back of my scalp.

3. There are different structural kinds of out of body experience (OBE), which are structurally distinguished by which centre the consciousness exits or extends, and thereby in which order our bodies are dismantled and in which order they are arranged on the silver cord. As an analogy, imagine you have the end of a long rope tied around your neck, and the other end of the rope is held by a good friend who represents your oversoul - that part of you from which you extend. Your consciousness is a small portion of his, extended at the end of the rope. Now imagine you have a motorcar with one of those skylights in the roof. With the end of the rope around your neck you climb into the motorcar through the skylight in the roof and settle into the driver's seat of the motorcar. The rope now runs from you, up through the skylight and across a space to your friend. Your friend can signal approval and disapproval to you by giving slight tugs on the rope, but how you drive your motorcar is up to you. The car is symbolic of your physical body. When we exit the car during an OBE we can exit via several different ways, either by the driver's side door, or slide across to exit through the passenger door, or climb into the back and exit via a rear door, or you might break the windscreen and climb straight out through the front window, or we might even climb back out through the skylight in the roof. The different ways to exit the motorcar represent the different centres of the physical-etheric body. Regardless of which way we exit the car we will externalise with the same clothes on, which here are symbolic of our subtle bodies (the mental-emotional or astral body). Each centre enables a different kind of externalised consciousness with different mental faculties enabled or disabled, and the particular kind of externalised consciousness is due to the different nervous pathways through the body that the rope takes before it externalises with our self on the end of it. I will leave it there though because I don't want to waffle on about stuff that no one's interested in.  

4. We came close to a great fireworks display during the 1980's. But fortunately the prayers of millions of kind warm hearted and peace loving people countered the hearts of those who wanted destruction, and the right people were in the right offices and we got through it safely. 

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #6 - Aug 14th, 2015 at 11:24pm

By the way, here is a link to one of my favorite song by The Pat Metheny Group.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1f-R6s1XyE

IP Logged

Justin
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Aug 21st, 2015 at 10:46pm

If one spends time paying attention to, analyzing and intuiting their dreams, one learns to feel the differences between more metaphorically symbolic dreams and more literal dreams. 

Growing up, i would periodically have dreams about tornadoes. I soon learned that these dreams forecasted extreme emotional upsets probable to happen in the near future (usually within a couple or so weeks of the dream). 

I still occasionally, but more rarely have them.  But one time, several years ago, i had a dream about tornadoes that felt and seemed different. Within a few weeks, there was a record number of tornadoes in the US, and some particularly intense ones as well.  There was no major, personal testing period involved. Expanded self had thrown me a curve ball to see if i would notice.   

Point being, is one can learn to discern the differences between even different kinds of precog dreams. 

As regards the end of the world, well it's a pretty inaccurate phrase.  The true end of the world is fairly far away in human, linear time. 

However, what will happen, and what has happened many times, is a cycle of great change, transition, earth changes, destruction and rebuilding.  There have been many of these, and most barely remembered except in myth and legend.  They are actually pretty cyclical in nature, though there are occasional exceptions.

Modern humans have had pretty much the same basic brain for some 200, 000 years, and it's only in the last 200 years that we have advanced technologically and the like?  Hahaha.  Atlantis, Lemuria, ancient Egypt, and other major, mostly forgotten civilizations were very real as far as physical reality goes. 

Atlantis alone experienced some 5 major destruction's during such cycles of great change, transition, polarization and friction between the forces of Light and severe lack of same.

It's the same old story, playing again and again with different details, characters, lands, civilizations, etc. Humanity collective rises spiritually, and then regresses, and then as it starts to rise again significantly, major changes on all levels take place. 

The most consistent cycle involved is about a 13, 000 year one, which interestingly coincides with major Galactic Core-Solar alignments. We are currently in such a cycle, which spans years rather than is about one year like the whole "2012" misunderstanding or disinformation.  Some researchers like Jenkins approximate it to be about a 36 year cycle of alignment which started about 1980 (my birth year), and will end about 2016. I'm not sure it can be approximated to that degree though.   

The last one happened about 13, 000 years ago, and was the last destruction of Atlantis, during my last dive here in physical.  Mass migrations of Atlanteans happened as Poseidia experienced it's death throws and went under. Many ended up in Egypt, many in the Pyrenees, some on the East Coast of the Americas, Azores, etc. There are still these odd pockets of unique peoples that share odd similarities in culture, language and blood types with each other though separated by many, many miles, and yet very different in various ways than those ethnic groups right next to them.  For example, there is an unusually high preponderance of O negative blood type among those groups that originally came from Atlantis.

During the last one, a large amount of service oriented Souls incarnated and eventually found their way to ancient Egypt, a lot of them connected via Soul groups. We helped rebuild a very high and spiritually advanced civilization in what is now Egypt.  The collective consciousness was such that it remained very intune for a couple of thousand years, especially in Egypt and those nations that were very involved with Egypt. It was a Golden Age that followed an intense, change and testing filled cycle. 

It was not the "end of the world" for humanity is still here, but a lot of people initially died during this cycle. It was the end of a technologically advanced civilization though, and the beginning of a spiritually advanced one.  A lot of people, and technology, will die during this cycle, but there also will be a great rebuilding and another Golden Age--one that will surpass even the Leo Age, because this one will be even more collective (Aquarius)--in that past age, it was more about a relative few highly developed individuals teaching and helping others.

Death is not a big deal in the grand scheme of things.  And the only constant in the material realm is change.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.