Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Three views of mom (Read 7164 times)
seagull

ALK Member

land sea sky
Three views of mom
Sep 19th, 2015 at 3:31pm

Last night I had a dream about my mom, and saw her in three separate views, as if she was crossing a large room. She looked perfectly healthy and fine. This was significant, and I was startled in my dream, because she passed away in my presence over a month and a half ago. I consider this a visitation, due to the fact that I am feeling considerably better this month, allowing for her to communicate her presence, still with me, but in a different state. It is helpful to find that the appearance follows the normal sequence of events for a person who has witnessed an eventful and disturbing passing of a loved one. I simply thought it was appropriate to list this experience here, as ordinary as it actually is. It may reassure someone.

IP Logged

seagull

ALK Member

land sea sky
Re: Three views of mom
Reply #1 - Sep 20th, 2015 at 9:14am

I will also add here that earlier in the week I was speaking to someone who lost her dad in the spring. She asked if I had a dream yet, and I said no, but I wished out loud that I would. I said to her that my mom was probably off having fun somewhere but that I would very much like a dream, just a small one.

So, perhaps there is some truth to the success of speaking out loud -- letting them know that you are open to and ready for this type of contact. This is the type of contact I prefer at this time, as it gives the actual feeling of presence of the loved one, which can be comforting.

IP Logged

Reply #2 - Sep 20th, 2015 at 9:57pm

I am pleased you had your dream.

IP Logged

seagull

ALK Member

land sea sky
Reply #3 - Sep 21st, 2015 at 11:21pm

Thank you.

seagull

IP Logged

seagull

ALK Member

land sea sky
Reply #4 - Dec 3rd, 2015 at 7:49am

I had a vivid dream of my mom last night. I recall walking into a room in our family home, which was bright and warm looking, and she was standing across the room with others, not sure, seemed like it was old times again somehow, she was not alone.

It could have been my dad (still alive, maybe dreaming too) with her or others, not sure, but when I saw her I got so excited in my dream. I ran/flew (?) to her, simultaneously shouting I'm dreaming !!!! You're not alive anymore, you're dead !!!!

Kind of over the top, but I was so joyous that I was being very blunt. In any case, it ended up as a big hug that was terrific. I can't remember anything after that, but I remember that moment in the dream vividly.

I particularly remember that she was smiling and happy and that everything was picture perfect as it would be for a mom greeting her daughter.

I consider this one a definite visitation, and much more interactive. Fabulous that I could stop long enough to acknowledge that I knew this was no ordinary visit.
« Last Edit: Dec 3rd, 2015 at 10:42am by seagull »  

IP Logged

seagull

ALK Member

land sea sky
Reply #5 - Feb 6th, 2016 at 11:23am

Last night I experienced what seemed to be a waking visitation. This was an unusual experience and lasted only a few minutes, as I remember it. It is hard to describe such a thing but I was just sitting comfortably and feeling relaxed, and unusually tired from suffering from allergies all week.

I felt a very positive presence that seemed to sort of glow inside of me. It wasn't outside of me, and I could feel a kind of communication from it that I identified as my late mom, but also felt the energy of her sister who died a little over a month ago. They were very very close.

This combined energy presence -- how do you describe such a thing -- was very comforting and actually seemed to be speaking to me in my mind, without a lot of words involved. The words involved were more like my mind responding to clarify the message as it was being experienced.

This was a very loving interlude. I have never experienced anything quite like it, brief as it was.

IP Logged

seagull
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Jul 15th, 2016 at 6:41am

I lost the previous post I was writing. Oh, well, start again.

I have had 2 more dreams of mom in the last month. I had nothing that I remembered for some months and was wondering if the visits were going to stop.

However, they have not. Each dream is distinct, positive and reassuring to me.

The one a few weeks ago was short, and she sat on my bed in my room and we had a talk. There is a feeling of recognition when I see her and I become a bit lucid, which is a specific feeling. It is almost what feels like a 'gut' reaction, a wave of feeling which comes over me and stops me in my tracks. I don't remember what we talked about, but it was comfortable and the light in the room was friendly.

Last night the dream I had was in a more normal dream setting, with people and activities. I saw her nearby and had that feeling of deep shock which caused me to become lucid. It is a wave of happiness that I feel and the instant hope that I can hold onto clear consciousness. I am obviously not good at that because as soon as I hug her I lose clarity. This time it was a longer, more personal experience of a hug than I remember from previous dreams and I was even more fully convinced that I was experiencing her presence there.

I really think she is just encouraging me through this time in my life. For some reason I can wake up enough in my dreams to know she is there.

IP Logged

seagull
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Aug 2nd, 2016 at 11:12am

I have been talking to one of my mom's two closest friends this morning. I don't know her well, having lived so far away, and still do. However, we spoke lovingly of mom when I ran into her, and I asked mom's friend if she had any dreams. To my astonishment, she has had numerous dreams of a very realistic nature, and has also felt her presence on numerous occasions, and actually hears her voice. Mom is a presence in her life, to this day. She had no one else to tell these things to who could understand or really believe her. I believed her. She even smelled her perfume once. She honors mom's memory in various ways-- in real, physical ways. It is so important that we all encourage each other, and believe each other. You never know when you will be the only person in someone's life who can truly understand these kinds of experiences.

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Colorado
Reply #8 - Sep 7th, 2016 at 11:35pm

That's really nice that you've had so many visits from your mom in dreams.  I've only had maybe 2-3 of my dad, but one of them was so special that even if it never happens again I'm ok with that.

Smiley

Author of Persephone's Journey (Amazon.com)

http://www.vickyshort.blogspot.com/
WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

seagullresting

ALK Member

USA
Reply #9 - Aug 20th, 2017 at 10:46am

Although vivid dreams of mom have diminished over time, or so it seems, there are other ways that she comes through now. For instance, a few days ago I was drowsy and her presence came through first thing while waking up in the morning. It was amusing because she was showing me a beautiful dress she was wearing, and it followed some of the styling of today's dresses and patterns. It was actually a gorgeous dress which had many details --  it was flowing, colorful and intricate. I think she came through just to show me, to share with me something to show me that she knew what kinds of items I had been viewing the last few weeks and months, and that she knows that my style is changing too.

But, what is most outstanding to me now is how she comes through in my own voice and body. This is something that has to be experienced. It is hard to describe. But, you see, this was not my birth mother. This was the mother who raised me, for the most part. I could put it down to genetic material being passed down, or something like that, except that is not applicable here. All I can say is that I have felt 'her' in a kind of overlay on occasion. To the point of hearing her voice speaking through me. I speak right back to her.

I don't mind. It shows me how entwined we are with those who are close to us, for better or worse. In this case, my mom was not a superhero, was not a saint, was not many things, but she was more than special to me. Perhaps I am very lucky to still have a friend in her, and to still feel her so close to me.

Thanks for listening.

IP Logged

seagullresting

ALK Member

USA
Reply #10 - Aug 23rd, 2017 at 11:05pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJeLguRecYc

Who knows where the time goes
Judy Collins

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.