Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
I have cancer (Read 28416 times)
Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Colorado
Re: I have cancer
Reply #15 - Oct 2nd, 2014 at 12:58am

I agree, it's an individual's decision.  Also, one can't know how they'd feel and what they'd choose unless they were actually going through it for real.  When I was hit with the shock of knowing I had cancer growing in me for the past year without even knowing it, I just wanted it out of me as soon as could be.  I know that I wouldn't have the time or patience to do lengthy research, not even wanting to take the time to travel to other states to get other opinions and whatnot.  I just wanted to begin treatment ASAP.  And I really have my faith centered in the fact that I think my choices in life are balanced with what my Guidance  knows is best.  So I feel that my Guidance is always helping direct me on the right path for me.  I know I can't sit back and wait for it to tell me what to do, I have to make decisions and create movement in order to give my Guidance a framework with which to communicate with me.  It's hard to explain I guess, but that's what I believe in.  I hope it makes sense.

It's kind of like, you know how you can have times when you can't decide between two things, so you just pick one and then you suddenly feel a feeling telling you, "not that one, pick the other one".  That's just an example, but that's what I mean.  We have to "move" and then we are open to nudges and suggestions and whatnot. 

Most of all I'm just trying to have the best attitude I can.  I hated the feeling the first few days when I found out.  I hated feeling so defeated, so sad, so angry, so scared, feeling like my life was over.  I'm glad I didn't stay in that mindset very long.  I can't live like that.  I need to be proactive.

Anyway, enough babbling.  Glad you're here Albert.  Always nice hearing from you.

Smiley

Author of Persephone's Journey (Amazon.com)

http://www.vickyshort.blogspot.com/
WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #16 - Dec 12th, 2014 at 1:22am

Update:  My surgery is Monday the 15th.  I can't believe it's nearly here.  The past few months have gone by fast.    I'm doing pretty well.  They say I'm tolerating everything better than most people who have had my same cancer, staging, and treatment. 

Thanks for all positive thoughts, prayers, and PUL.

Smiley

WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #17 - Jan 19th, 2015 at 5:59pm

Hello Vicky:

I hope you are doing well.

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #18 - Jan 20th, 2015 at 12:34am

Hi Albert, thank you!

Today marked the 5th week since my surgery and it's been a rough recovery because of the pain.  But I'm doing well and my surgeon said I'm doing perfectly and right on course.  He is so confident that he cut out all the cancer because of how well I responded to the chemo and radiation.  The treatment shrunk my tumor down to virtually nothing, to literally only leaving microscopic cells, which left a great margin for surgery. 

Now a lot of my pain is gone and I go back to work in 2 weeks.  I've already started the IV chemo and the hardest part about that has been the shot they give you to boost your white blood cells.  It's bone, muscle, and nerve pain for a few days and then it subsides.  Other than that I get fatigued easily.

It's weird having the ileostomy pouch but I've gotten used to it and know how to take care of it.  Actually it's nice...not to be too gross or graphic but it's nice to be able to empty my bowels every couple hours.  I may not like going back to the old way.   Smiley  I get the reversal surgery in a few months when my chemo is finished. 

I've lost 30 pounds because of the cancer and treatment and I'm happy for that.  Always wanted to lose the extra weight but was too lazy to.  My diabetes is better and I'm sure it'll be good for me overall.  I can't wait to be done with all this and be cancer free.  I'll definitely be eating better from here on out, no going back to my old bad habits.  I've already cut caffeine from my diet.  And I used to drink so much coffee and diet soda all day long!  I never thought I'd give up caffeine.  I feel SO much better. 

WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #19 - Jan 20th, 2015 at 1:42pm

It's good to hear about some of the positive results.  Losing weight is a good side effect of being sick, unfortunately it's easy to gain back once you become well.

It's a good thing we aren't actually bodies. They can be quite troublesome.

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #20 - Jan 21st, 2015 at 12:39am

Troublesome and downright annoying.  I'm tired of all this.  So many doctor appointments, scans, followups, lab work, dealing with the insurance company to get claims resubmitted, prescriptions, followup survey phone calls.  Time off work isn't really time off.  I need a secretary and a chauffeur.  There was one day where I had 4 appointments!

About the weight....I really do not want to gain it back so that's why I've already gotten rid of my pants so there's no comfort zone of "fat pants" laying around.

WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Justin
Ex Member

Reply #21 - Jan 22nd, 2015 at 1:27am

Besides the annoying stuff, glad to hear you're doing well Vicky, been thinking about you some here and there.

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #22 - Jan 22nd, 2015 at 12:58pm

HI Justin, how are you doing? 

Thanks for thinking of me.

Smiley

WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

summersolstice

NE USA
Reply #23 - Jan 30th, 2015 at 12:57pm

Checking in after being gone for a while. Sending healing energy your way. Stay positive!

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #24 - Jan 30th, 2015 at 1:05pm

summersolstice wrote on Jan 30th, 2015 at 12:57pm:
Checking in after being gone for a while. Sending healing energy your way. Stay positive!

Thank you!!
Smiley

WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Justin
Ex Member

Reply #25 - Jan 30th, 2015 at 6:11pm

Vicky wrote on Jan 22nd, 2015 at 12:58pm:
HI Justin, how are you doing? 

Thanks for thinking of me.

Smiley

I'm doing fairly well most of the time Vicky, though materially i sometimes lack for money and sometimes experience a sense of loneliness, but having realized somewhat recently that i came into this life from a very different system of energies than the ELS, well i suppose that's to be expected.  Sometimes i really miss the group(s) i was part of before. 

IP Logged

seagull

ALK Member

land sea sky
Reply #26 - Jul 14th, 2015 at 7:48am

Vicky,

How are you doing? Just thinking of you and hoping things are improving for you in your life.

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #27 - Jul 14th, 2015 at 6:39pm

Same question here.

seagull wrote on Jul 14th, 2015 at 7:48am:
Vicky,

How are you doing? Just thinking of you and hoping things are improving for you in your life.

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #28 - Jul 14th, 2015 at 6:53pm

Hey guys, thanks for thinking of me.  I guess it's been awhile since I've updated. 

I have my 10th chemo session tomorrow and am slated to do one more 3 weeks from that one.  That should be it.  Then I'll just need my reversal surgery of undoing my ostomy and hooking my plumbing back up Smiley

I've been doing well for the most part, my only complaints being tired easily, sore red, swollen on bottoms of my feet, dry peeling skin on fingers and feet, and thinning hair.  My hair still looks decent.  If you didn't know me you wouldn't know it was thinning but I can tell.  It will grow fuller again once I'm off the chemo so I'm very happy for that. 

I've been in good spirits, have been keeping busy and enjoying myself, made some new friends in an empath/psychic meetup, and helping someone type up and organize his book and get published.  I can't believe how fast this year has gone.  The only thing I'm not looking forward to is that one last surgery, but once it's over I know I'll be relieved!

Thanks for asking.  I hope you guys are doing well too. 

Love,
Vicky

WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #29 - Jul 14th, 2015 at 7:31pm

Vicky:

Overall, circumstances aside, it sounds like things are going okay.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.