Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Preparation BEFORE a Retrieval Becomes Necessary (Read 4249 times)
HospiceNurse

ALK Member

Preparation BEFORE a Retrieval Becomes Necessary
Jun 13th, 2013 at 9:22pm

I became a nurse late in life (graduated at 48 years old) and last August reached my goal of becoming a hospice nurse (I'm almost 50).  I have always had an ability to sense spirits and receive impressions, so this is nothing new, but I recently realized I had 'someone' in my home who was attempting to make their presence known with some clanging and banging. I couldn't detect more than a sense that it was a 'former' patient. My sister is intuitive as well, so I called her. She began to describe characteristics of this soul and that he knew me -- I knew exactly who she was talking about.  I began talking to him and telling him to go to the light. I sensed a being of light at this point and told him to go with the being. It took a few tries but I sensed he went and I received an impression that he was in the light, smiling and waving goodbye.

I realized with this that there is so much I can do BEFORE a patient passes to prepare them to cross so they DON'T get stuck. 

Has anyone else had an experience like this? A hospice nurse? My sister made the statement to me, "You are a retriever now."  It went all through me -- goose bumps, a chill, tearing up -- I knew it was true. 

Anyone want to offer advice on prepping a patient BEFORE it's time to go?

IP Logged

Rondele
Ex Member

Re: Preparation BEFORE a Retrieval Becomes Necessary
Reply #1 - Jun 14th, 2013 at 12:45pm

You might read some of Elisabeth Kubler-Ross' books.  You'll find lots of good tips regarding what to tell terminally ill patients.

Also please post anything that your patients might experience as they approach death, such as death bed visions of deceased loved ones, etc.

Welcome!

R

IP Logged

BobMoenroe
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Jun 14th, 2013 at 12:54pm

Hello,

I don't have experience with terminally ill people in my lifetime, but will chime in either way. I've helped friends out who've suddenly passed on, and so they know they are more than bodies. My approach is then to lay out a sort of a map of the areas in the astral that I know about. I can't have any tied connections to where they go, but of course speak about beneficial areas. And that's basically (the library in) focus 27, to get their burning questions answered before doing anything else. The important thing for me is that it's their choice at the end of the day, no matter how good my intentions are.

You are more than a body. Not everybody has this experience to lessen fears about mortality. I'm guessing people will differ wildly in this sense, and possibly important to get a sense of where they are in this regard in order to get a feel on where to go next in the conversation. Maybe the strong believers in being bodies could benefit from conversation opening up to more possibilities than what they have experienced in their lives? Are they interested in hearing about your non-physical experiences? Are they down to earth and could benefit from hearing about practical experiences? Do you get a feel that they are the types that could benefit from the more sensational experiences? What are their beliefs? What do they think is going to happen? One size doesn't fit all in my xp, and guess some kind of improvisation is needed, and that what they say and think could be the basis for that improv.

Go into the light. Light beings. Sounds abstract & mystical to me. Has one examined the concepts one's passing on to someone else? I know my I-There takes care of business, and after reviewing Bruce Moen's take on the reentry station, I couldn't possibly advice anybody having anything to do with that. Maybe someone else will, but at least helpful to get direct experience about something before just passing something on.

Interesting topic, and vulnerable, for those who are in this situation. What does being stuck mean to you? What are your thoughts on how to advice people?

IP Logged

isee
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Jun 14th, 2013 at 2:42pm

It sounds to me like you did fine with the spirit you encountered. Your "knowing" is what matters. Those who "know" know.

Perhaps just take each situation as it comes up and do what feels right in that moment. I don't think there is a one size fits all answer to your question.

If I was in that situation, as a patient, I would want to know that I could find a place of safety and kindness by simply asking for it, no matter where I am.

The Monroe Institute has a series of recordings designed for those who are on their deathbed, one for the patient and one for the person assisting the patient. You might consider looking into that, if you are interested in that approach, or if your patient is interested.

IP Logged

Bardo

Reply #4 - Jun 14th, 2013 at 2:46pm

And of course there are ethical issues within the hospice community about what one should and should not say or do. I am a hospice volunteer, and I feel that the best I can do is simply be there for them. I am not gifted in any non-physical way, so I can't give them first hand experience anyway. I'm sure you deal with those issues every day working in the "business".  I listen for what they want and simply try to respond accordingly.

IP Logged

Rondele
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Jun 14th, 2013 at 3:19pm

And above all, please remember that most people, when they die, do not get "stuck."  In almost all cases, Helpers and/or loved ones are there to meet them.

Bruce has pointed this out several times, and is important to keep in mind.

There are, however, cases where a person actively resists moving on. They are either extremely attached to the physical plane or are convinced they have unfinished business to attend to.

And persons who die quickly or unexpectedly, such as in war or natural disasters, might need to be guided to the light.

But most of us will make the transition with ease.  Being in a hospice has hopefully made them fully aware of their impending death so it won't come as a shock.

R

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.