Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Epic Apocalyptic End of the World Dream! (Read 3896 times)
Joetagonist

ALK Member

Epic Apocalyptic End of the World Dream!
May 11th, 2013 at 1:11am

In my end-times dream, the nations of the planet were all at war and the governments behind them were like those of 1984. No place was safe from the all-encompassing war. I remember it was nighttime and the bombs were falling again, destroying the neighborhood; the invasion had reached our area. I was with Aunt Tammie and company that night. We were at their house and they had realized some mistake they had made with their locks on the shed that had apparently allowed some guy they knew to simply go in and take their stuff, which had been disappearing lately without them knowing how. They were pretty upset about this and argued about it for a while as we were going into the house from wherever we had been. In this dream they lived in a similar house in the city, rather than in the country, perhaps for safety reasons. Most everyone I knew lived in this area, in big town houses full of people. The back of our houses were glass windows with glass sliding doors, so we could see and hear very clearly the bombs falling, gunfire, houses burning, screaming, and all-around chaos that had finally reached this city. We ran outside, or at least a few of us did, seeking a safer place to hide, knowing that these houses were targets. After running for a little while, we noticed an empty concrete foundation with a tall wood fence around it. We ran over to it, and started trying to find a way inside. I ended up climbing the door and swinging it open for us to get in. The house was still in sight, as well as neighboring houses where my other friends and family lived. I wanted to get them over here where it was at least marginally safer, but I noticed that there was a sudden thick white fog appearing above us. The only lights were those of the missiles streaking by overhead in increasing numbers and landing closer and closer to where we were. The sounds of war were blotted out for a few moments and replaced with an ominous silence. We were all looking around when suddenly a spotlight shined on us and a man asked, "WHAT ARE YOU PEOPLE DOING HERE?" in an American accent, sounding very aggressive and authoritative. I realized this must be our military, but before any of us could answer they started firing at us. A few of us went down and I started running towards the house, horror, terror,  and despair nearly overwhelming me. Our own government had openly turned on its citizens. This was madness! How could this happen here, of all places? We all knew, or at least, had heard from the news and global citizens on the worldwide web, that this was already happening in most areas of the world. The shadow governments of the world were in the shadows no longer. The people who used to be in charge were rapidly being replaced or brought under control. Those that resisted, those that truly had the best interests of the people at heart were found dead along with their families, murdered horribly, or simply vanished without a trace. We had suspected, but the reality of it was sickening to me. War was not the only problem breaking this world, tearing humanity apart. Disease, famine, and deadly weather were reducing the population worldwide and there was what was perhaps the worst problem of all: the dronefolk. They were humans, like the rest of us, the same in every respect, save one. These humans had no will, no desires, no identities; they were soulless. No one knew who had created them or how, but they made for convenient replacements for all the people who were dieing or disappearing. There was no way to tell who was real anymore, at least not walking down the streets. It was said that you could see it in their eyes, if you looked closely. They were lifeless eyes, a doll's eyes. Another way of finding them out(not that you could do anything about it anyways) was to simply talk to them, and if you talked to them long enough you would notice that their speech seemed scripted, their behavior robotic and devoid of any deep meaning, for these drones infiltrated and integrated into society by imitating those around them, by conforming and obeying acknowledged authority figures in the government and corporate worlds. In short, the world had been a very different place, a much darker one, for a few years now. People had been living in fear here, knowing that their peace could not last, that safety would soon be only a memory, if one could even survive, which I realized would be almost impossible with corrupted soldiers and governments, and the drones hunting down the last true people on the planet. My dream was nearly over and from this point on played out like a movie. I didn't see or feel my death, but I knew it had come. All the bright places of the world where once people like you and I had walked and lived out our lives were swarming with the drones, seemingly ordinary people at first glance, but then the camera pans out over the crowds and flashes scenes from all over the word that were all disturbingly identical. All of us were gone, except for what was left of the governments and militaries of the world, but these people had long since destroyed their own humanity, and were hardly any different from the drones they controlled. Worse, in fact.  The war had rendered most animal and plant life on the planet extinct, except for what could suvive nuclear weapons and live in the dirt or in human cities. The world was now a perverted caricature of its former self, but even that was not to last. Those who had all the power in the world apparently still wanted more, or perhaps had been consumed with the urge for self-annihilation, having nothing else left to consume. Earth would be torn apart by one last volley of nuclear weapons from all sides, emptying their reserves in one last orgy of senseless violence and destruction that would leave the planet like mars at best or another asteroid belt at worst.
Note: I expanded this dream into a story outline here. I actually cried a little bit during the hour or so that I was writing this down, it was so intense and emotional.  Cry I'm thinking about expanding it. What does everyone think of this crazy dream? Any and all comments welcome!  Grin

IP Logged

a channel
Ex Member

Re: Epic Apocalyptic End of the World Dream!
Reply #1 - May 13th, 2013 at 10:50pm

So Joe, side tracking from your dream for a moment if you don't mind-- I'm wondering if you have ever had other registered names here besides your Joetagonist one?      

As far as your dream, well it's a dream.  As regards future probabilities, the future is not fixed, though some things are so probable to happen as to be almost a certainty.  One such, almost certainty, is a near future collapse.  But the exact when?  That's more in flux than the general trend and shape of events.   

While there are some challenges ahead, and certainly big waves of change--the probabilities are not so dire, dramatic, or dark as your dream story outlines.  There are some half truths in your tale though.

But, i see a quite positive and happy future probability.  I see a very changed for the better humanity and larger society in just 25 years even. 

Some of us consciously are, and especially will be, working towards that end.  Some of us consciously are working against that end.  Both of these seeming and more polarized opposites are somewhat rare, most are more or less unconscious and contribute a bit to both at different times. 

So which are you?  Freedom fighter, would be hindrance and oppressor, or the more average, flip flopping, Joe?

This world will not "end" anytime soon, that much is pretty much certain.  But will humanity be prodded as it has been many times in the long ago pasts that it doesn't remember anymore?  Certainly, and this ride isn't just all about us anyways.  The Earth is an evolving Being and Consciousness unto herself, and she has her own growth cycles.  So does the system she moves in, and the systems our system revolves around.  Our Sun is a microcosm of the Galactic Center, and in turn there are greater Centers and forces than our local G.C.  All intimately connected and interwoven. 

She, our lovely Earth, is pregnant, and is in the process of giving birth.  Giving birth is usually both challenging and rewarding.  Our collective future in a nutshell. 

I'm about 99% certain that the "good guys" will completely and finally win and for a long time. 

Is that "doom and gloom"?  If so, i guess physical earth life and the way of growth here is the essence of "doom and gloom" for that is what we all go through all the time, and how we grow.  We get challenged, we get stretched, we suffer, and we grow through and beyond same finally realizing that these difficulties and pains were worth it and had a larger, and ultimately positive purpose. 

Doom and gloom labeling is for those who have the need to project, the truly fear filled ones who are scared to be challenged, who are so attached to the material and addicted to current "civilization".  But that is ok, and certainly their illusionary wishes and wants won't change that very basic pattern of this world and humanity.

IP Logged

Joetagonist

ALK Member

Re: Epic Apocalyptic End of the World Dream!
Reply #2 - May 14th, 2013 at 1:26am

Wow, great reply, thank you! No, I think this is my 1st account here, unless I had one a really long time ago but forgot about it. I know I've browsed this site before. This was one of my favorite dreams so far, very vivid and intense, almost like real life, and so I'm really glad I started writing them down months ago. I'm not really worried about the dream coming true, though. I'm too am expecting a joyous future, and I intend to be one that brings us closer to it.  Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.