Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
University class offers opportunity to communicate (Read 2585 times)
Lucy

C1
University class offers opportunity to communicate
May 10th, 2013 at 3:51am

with the afterlife. Well OK it was held last fall.

and it is independent study. Maybe there was also a spring version?

I would love to read the reports from the end of the semester

http://articles.wdbj7.com/2012-10-17/radford-university_34532864

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Colorado
Re: University class offers opportunity to communicate
Reply #1 - May 10th, 2013 at 9:36am

I've always wanted to participate in some kind of university study that studies psychic phenomenon, but this psychomanteum makes me leery.  It doesn't sound like a very well-rounded "class" but more like an experiment.  I also feel like the hype these young people hear from other students might very well pre-load their minds with expectations.  And the article doesn't say that the class teaches anything, like how to communicate and receive verification, which I think is crucial especially in this day and age when there are so many ghost-hunter shows out there that make you believe that everyone is seeing ghosts wherever they go, without any verifiable evidence as to who the ghost is. 

I guess what I don't like about it is that it doesn't center on the focus of using your nonphysical senses of perception in a normal setting.  I can't imagine it's easy to learn how to put yourself into a self-induced trance.  You'd need to also learn how to get out of it and retain memory of your experience, while at the same time bypassing any dream states which might naturally occur. 

Author of Persephone's Journey (Amazon.com)

http://www.vickyshort.blogspot.com/
WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

betson

SE USA
Reply #2 - May 17th, 2013 at 4:46pm

Hello,
Maybe part of the problem is that the article is poorly written, apparently as a result of one visit and few interviews. “The room is a mirror...”  ??

Perhaps the instructors are influenced by time at TMI, also in Virginia? (I need to check a map.) Perhaps this course was the best they could get accepted by their administrators (-:?  There’s alot of paperwork involved in getting a new course going -- maybe the professor would share some of it, Lucy, if you asked her?

Could such a room where physical people attempt to communicate with those who have passed over become a magnet for more and more entities from the afterlife?  That sounds plausible and fits with alot of old theories about the energies involved being related to electro-magnetism.

Vickie’s right that more information is needed.  But so much of what so many of us are doing is only a first step. More power to them!

Bets

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Shakespeare

IP Logged

Lucy

C1
Reply #3 - May 18th, 2013 at 3:59am

I believe it was Raymond Moody who has described how to set this kind of room up. It is called a psychomanteum. Easy to google that. It is just interesting that it was used as a course. I think it is an independent study course and offered through the religion department.

Yeah the article was written more for the local newspaper on-line rather than for the NY Times... but does the Times write about things like this? and yeah I heard about it in the TMI newsletter.

Here's a link with more info and links
http://www.psychomanteum.com/

well the wiki article is more simple
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychomanteum

IP Logged

betson

SE USA
Reply #4 - May 18th, 2013 at 8:26am

The psychomaateum link to Jorge Villaneuva’s experiment seems to say that psi works better in reflected light (provided by a large mirror) than with direct light. Apparently the test subject didn’t have to stare directly into the mirror to sense the ‘sent’ image.

Is that what any of you get from  the first link, in the  section (lower right of first page), called  "exploring psychomanteum as a psi-conducive state of consciousness” ?

« Last Edit: May 19th, 2013 at 7:47am by betson »  

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Shakespeare

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.