Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
"Are you here, Mary" (Read 3933 times)
isee
Ex Member

"Are you here, Mary"
Feb 28th, 2013 at 1:47pm

Something odd happened to me a few years ago. It was during a time of emotional turmoil in my life, the onset of a depression which was later lifted. I have not really known how to talk about it, but here goes.

It was dark and I tripped and and almost fell in my room. Perhaps it was at night, but I caught myself on a bookshelf and saw the small statue of "mary" or some beautiful goddess, abstract, sitting across the room. I felt its presence in the oddest way. I felt so discouraged, at the time, profoundly discouraged, and tripping was just another part of my extreme tiredness.

"Are you here, Mary?" I asked in the darkness. Was I speaking to the statue, or was I speaking to a dear relative I lost many many years ago? Who knows?

Later, I was on the computer, was it hours later, or a day? I could not keep track of time in my illness. I was casually reading the comments section at the bottom of an unimportant article on a website. There, incongruously, for no reason at all, was typed among a long list of commentors' reactions to the article:

"Are you here, Mary?"

It unsettled me. So, now I've mentioned it. That feels better. I've never before or since seen such a comment with no purpose in a comments section on a website. It gave me the most peculiar feeling. That's all.

IP Logged

Lucy

C1
Re: "Are you here, Mary"
Reply #1 - Mar 1st, 2013 at 3:39am

I like stories like this because they represent something that I don't know how to make happen. YOur attention is on something else, and some odd thing presents itself out of nowhere. The mystery is exciting.

Somehow it seems to take the intense focus caused by something like your emaotional turmoil to let these things pop up...break through the normal conciousness.  One is focused on the turmoil and so the odd thing can break through normal conciousness. Being a little tired seems to help too.

Maybe we are taught to think when something odd happens that it is our perception that is off...but maybe our perception is fine and something else is leaking in.

So you are left with no guidelines to figuring out what this might mean, no context in which to place it.

But sometimes things get so boring I find myself wishing something liek this wouldhappen. After all, it seems tohave been relatively harmless.

I have trouble identifying those peculiar feelings you mention,but I think if I could, I would understand it better.

IP Logged

Lucy

C1
Reply #2 - Mar 1st, 2013 at 4:07am

Sometimes odd things can happen in a context in which people can find meaning.

I am reminded of a book by a guy named Dave Kane. He is a Rhode Island radio personality, but in 2003 he lost his son, Nicholas O'Neill, in what is called The Station Nightclub fire. Maybe I was reminded because there was just a 10-yr anniversary for that event. It was pretty horrible. After the fire, the family started having those coincidences of odd things occur, except they involved a number, 41,  that the family associated with Nick. They came to understand that Nick was communicating with them and Kane wrote a book about that, using the number 41, called 41 Signs of Hope.

Kane wrote an anecdote about another communication from the son and put it here:
http://www.rolandcomtois.net/fellow-travelers
under the title
No Pain.

So my point is, maybe the Mary thing was someone trying to comfort you, but it didn't fit into your worldview, which is fine and understandable, so it made you feel weird and so the someone stopped.

IP Logged

Mogenblue

dutch spirit

Amsterdam
Reply #3 - Mar 1st, 2013 at 5:11am

Perhaps it is some kind of experience that you will go to work with in your next incarnation. And maybe you will have the opportunity to prepare yourself for it while you are disincarnate between this and the next incarnation.

Some time ago I dreamt of my mother. She died late '99.
It was just a short flash. She said she was going to work on superconduction.
That was all. Everything else I say about it is guessing and speculation.

This morning I dreamt I was looking up to a chimney. I saw a raven standing on top of it and it flew away.
Next I saw a woman above me in the open reading a newspaper. She had red dyed hair that was beginning to fade. You could clearly see she had black hair from herself.
She turned to me but kept reading the newspaper. Her face was not that bad. Not that bad at all. I could see her thumb holding the side of the paper. She had a fine lined typical female thumb.
I tried to force something from my waiste, but my waiste was down in the dark and she was up, in the air. It didn't do anything.
Then I was looking at the back of the newspaper. It was fully covered with an add for chocolates. I then asked loudly if she would turn the page, please. She said 'Oh of course, it works on your digestion'.

End of dream, end of contact, break into the next day.

A View into the Hereafter
Only by serving and loving the life of God, the human being conquers his Universe
IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Colorado
Reply #4 - Mar 1st, 2013 at 10:30am

It could have been a psychic experience.  In the weird state you were in, your mind brought this question from the future to your present moment of conscious awareness.  It might not have any real meaning other than a psychic flash presenting in a weird way.  

Or it might have been a synchronous event designed to get your attention.  If the question itself does not mean anything in your life, then perhaps the only thing it means is that you should ask yourself what the two moments in your consciousness had in connection with one another.  For instance, what was going through your mind (or in the back of your mind) during both instances?  You said you were dealing with emotional turmoil, so obviously you must have had heavy thoughts on your mind about something.  Sometimes when you have sychronous or repeated events, it's a way of your consciousness trying to get your attention to confirm what you're thinking, feeling, or doing. 

Was something heavy on your mind, or was there something that you've needed to sort our in your mind for a while, like a worry or concern that wasn't quite clear to you yet on the surface?  There's a message in there but you have to be the one to tell yourself what it is.  It's as simple as just feeling inside yourself what the message means most to you, even if you feel like you're just making a best guess.  Then ask youself if that feels right.  If it does, then just accept it.  If it doesn't, then you'll be more aware of this kind of process the next time it happens.  The more synchronous experiences you have, the better you get at recognizing them. 

Author of Persephone's Journey (Amazon.com)

http://www.vickyshort.blogspot.com/
WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Ginny

Wa
Reply #5 - Mar 5th, 2013 at 8:40pm

Isee,

What were your feelings and/or thoughts in that moment when you found the same message on the internet? I think this was very interesting. What are the odds that you'd run into that same phrase out of the blue like that. Wow. Something similar happened to me regarding my deceased Mom many years ago...as if she had been trying to get my attention in the only way she knew how.

Ginny

"Intelligence is knowing that which is important." Albert Einstein

IP Logged

isee
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Mar 6th, 2013 at 8:54am

Thank you for your kind replies. In answer to the question of how I was feeling when I read the phrase on the web at that time...I would describe it as a tugging of the heart. A slight surprise. The feeling of turning around and finding someone behind you. A vague sense of being watched. Being a bit dazed. Feeling an invisible arm around my shoulder. That kind of thing.

I would completely freak out if I began seeing people popping into view, or frequent and more obvious signs of a mysterious otherworld, but I can somehow tolerate smaller signs of presence, and so ask for those, because no matter how many times I feel the presence of the otherworld I am still a big doubter.

I need ongoing communication to bring me away from my list-making, sensible, logical side. Signs and Presence are subtle, but they are hard to ignore over time.

IP Logged

Mogenblue

dutch spirit

Amsterdam
Reply #7 - Mar 6th, 2013 at 9:45am

Quote:
I need ongoing communication to bring me away from my list-making, sensible, logical side. Signs and Presence are subtle, but they are hard to ignore over time.

I make lists all the time. It frees my mind of having to think about it and remember them. That way my head is clear, as much clear as possible, for other things.

I also type with 10 fingers. Much more peace in my head. Just look at the screen what appears and not having to bother to check my fingers if they hit the right keys. So much better.

By nature I am a very, very lazy guy. Everything I can switch to automatic I will. I did. Have done so.

A View into the Hereafter
Only by serving and loving the life of God, the human being conquers his Universe
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.