Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Eban Alexander presents with woman he met in coma (Read 14142 times)
betson

Afterlife Knowledge Member

SE USA
Eban Alexander presents with woman he met in coma
Feb 19th, 2013 at 1:50pm

Eban Alexander  and psychic Susan Rienjts were in communication during his coma, they say.  They are giving a presentation about their meetings at the Rhine Center in Durham NC on Friday, Feb. 22. Susan visits comatose people in order to encourage and ease them.

Susan’s work offers another possibility within the broad field of retrievals. It’s a good reminder that there is still much that can be done once we ‘draw back the veil.’ 

Bets   

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Shakespeare

IP Logged

harvey

Re: Eban Alexander presents with woman he met in coma
Reply #1 - Feb 21st, 2013 at 1:00am

How much does he or her charge for their 'services'?. Harvey.

IP Logged

betson

SE USA
Reply #2 - Feb 21st, 2013 at 8:35am

Hi Harvey,

The program tickets cost $20 each and that’s mostly rent on the Millenium Hotel meeting room.

The issue i wanted to point out was that ‘retrievals' are a very broad category. Giving counselling to people in comas --who’ve withdrawn from life to that extent -- is an interesting and welcome variation, imo.

Probably the coma state of consciousness has its own signal to others who are beyond their bodies (OB or imagination method or...). Just like fear does, and other states of mind do. So a sensitive ‘retriever’ could learn to pick up on that, -- or not ‘learn,' just set one’s intent to be guided by the Higher Intelligence that/Who is working for doing good.

Bets

Harvey, please don’t try to pick a fight with me on this. It’s information, -- use it or leave it.

Shakespeare

IP Logged

harvey

Reply #3 - Feb 22nd, 2013 at 1:25am

betson wrote on Feb 21st, 2013 at 8:35am:
Hi Harvey,

The program tickets cost $20 each and that’s mostly rent on the Millenium Hotel meeting room.

The issue i wanted to point out was that ‘retrievals' are a very broad category. Giving counselling to people in comas --who’ve withdrawn from life to that extent -- is an interesting and welcome variation, imo.

Probably the coma state of consciousness has its own signal to others who are beyond their bodies (OB or imagination method or...). Just like fear does, and other states of mind do. So a sensitive ‘retriever’ could learn to pick up on that, -- or not ‘learn,' just set one’s intent to be guided by the Higher Intelligence that/Who is working for doing good.

Bets

Harvey, please don’t try to pick a fight with me on this. It’s information, -- use it or leave it.

Bets. Your heart has always been in the right place. Listen to it sometimes, more often. It will tell you who is lost or found. Harvey.   

IP Logged

Lucy

C1
Reply #4 - Feb 27th, 2013 at 3:47am

Hi

Did you get a chance to go or know someone else who did?

Alexander had mentioned that in an early interview with Skeptiko; use "find" to search for "SUsan" to get there quickly
http://www.skeptiko.com/154-neurosurgeon-dr-eben-alexander-near-death-experience...

IP Logged

Ginny

Wa
Reply #5 - Mar 8th, 2013 at 8:58pm

Hi Bets,

Were you able to go to that presentation--have you read his book? I'm picky about reading material but this sounds very interesting to me.

Much love,

Ginny

"Intelligence is knowing that which is important." Albert Einstein

IP Logged

Berserk2

Reply #6 - Mar 9th, 2013 at 12:12am

I've watched several of Eben's Youtube interviews about his NDE.  I have a question for anyone who has read the book: Does it contain much new material that was not disclosed in his Youtube interviews?

Don

IP Logged

isee
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Mar 9th, 2013 at 3:26pm

Yes, there was some information that was not in interviews, quite a lot of personal information about himself before his experience, and a description of the process by which he regained his memories afterwards. The book contains a lot of information which may not seem relevant, but really is, because knowing his history and putting his experience in the context of his life makes it richer. People don't just have near death experiences, they have their individual lives too, and those are just as important.

IP Logged

betson

SE USA
Reply #8 - Mar 9th, 2013 at 6:18pm

Hi,

While I was out looking for someone who had attended that presentation, isee answered.
(I didn’t get to attend.)
I think Alexander’s credibility comes more from the mix of his professional background with what he experienced than from his description alone of what he experienced while ‘not here.’  His wonder and joy in the afterlife took unique forms. His Interpreter is alot different from mine! (-:

Bets

Shakespeare

IP Logged

Ginny

Wa
Reply #9 - Mar 9th, 2013 at 8:42pm

Thanks Bets and Isee and I'm looking forward to his book. He seems sincere and dedicated to sharing his NDE.

Ginny

"Intelligence is knowing that which is important." Albert Einstein

IP Logged

spooky2

Reply #10 - Mar 17th, 2013 at 9:35pm

I want to emphasize that it actually is courageous and deserving for medicinal scientist to write a book of this kind. It is more worth than statements of hundreds of scientists who always work with that same lame terms like: "Hallucinations brought by [physiological blabla] and evolutionary benefits".

I wonder if he some day would add something to his book (as he wrote he is still trying to remember more of his "trip"), especially to what he said about the evil/bad and free will, as I found this not very insightful.

However, an impressing book.

Spooky

"I'm going where the pavement turns to sand"&&Neil Young, "Thrasher"

IP Logged

heisenberg69

England
Reply #11 - Mar 18th, 2013 at 3:45am

Nice to hear from you again Spooky ! If I remember you are sceptical of the notion of freewill; what did he say which you didn't find very insightful ?

IP Logged

spooky2

Reply #12 - Mar 26th, 2013 at 6:49pm

Yes Heisenberg,
you remember right, I'm sceptical about the common concept of free will.
   Following Alexander's experience, the evil (or, as far as I remember, as well suffering in general) on our earth is necessary to provide free will. This is something I've heard before from others, and here, too, I miss a critical revision of this concept of free will, if it is real and how it can be real at all, why it is necessary even when it implies suffering.

Spooky

"I'm going where the pavement turns to sand"&&Neil Young, "Thrasher"

IP Logged

heisenberg69

England
Reply #13 - Mar 27th, 2013 at 3:51pm

Freewill seems to be one of those emotive subjects which although at the heart of everything, often seems to go unexamined. I remember that you stated that a deterministic cause/effect chain would invalidate freewill (which goes against modern insights from quantum physics which say that systems are fundamentally undeterminable) - is your objection to the quantum argument that randomness/uncertainty isn't the same as freewill ?

IP Logged

Berserk2

Reply #14 - Mar 27th, 2013 at 10:56pm

Consider the expectation that each throw of a a dice has a random 1 in 6 chance of immediate repllcation.  Now consider a dice slightly loaded in favor of 6s with an expectation of 6s 40% of the time.  If 100 shakes produces 6s that number of times, the result would be random.  But what if the dice were shaken exactly the same way each  time and 6s seldom showed up?  Such a result could not be explained in terms of random or determined causation.  It would at best be an extremely improbable consistent outcome.  Of course, to speak of free will, one must acknowledge the variable of consciousness lacking in a dice.

Still that theoretical consistently improbable outcome is a good analogy for the necessary condition for free will.  There is no free will without a somewhat loaded dice, i. e. without inclinations or predispositions to make certain choices.  The capacity to choose contrary to one's inclinations is a necessary condition for free will; a pattern of choices that runs contrary to one's inclinations (or loading, if you will) is the best analogy for actualized free will.  Examples might include (1) the inclination to choose various forms of immediate gratification (sexual, alcohol, etc.) vs. the wish to make moral decisions that take the Big Picture or the long-range impact into account; (2) the inclination to makes choices that avoid immediate pain vs. noble outcomes that require pain to be achieved (e. g. diving into freeaing water to rescue a drowning child). 

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.