Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print
Out of sync with physical reality? (Read 22193 times)
Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Colorado
Out of sync with physical reality?
Feb 3rd, 2013 at 11:25pm

I haven’t shared any of my experiences here in quite a while.  I thought I’d pull something out of my logs to share and don't think I've told this one before. 

I work at a hospital.  Years ago I worked the evening shift, and one evening I was going to go to the basement.  There was a service elevator hidden in one of the departments, in a corner of a room normally filled with supplies, dumpsters, and empty boxes.  I don’t think many even knew there was actually an elevator there.  I can’t even remember what I was doing that night to go into the basement.  It’s creepy enough as it is, let alone at night and using that particular elevator.  But I snuck my way to the hidden elevator, got in, and pushed the B for basement.   The door closed, the elevator moved, and the door opened.  I stepped off.

I immediately realized I wasn’t in the basement.  I didn’t recognize where I was.  I heard the elevator door close behind me, and I turned around to see a sign telling me I was on the fourth floor.  How did that happen? I wondered.  The movement of the elevator didn’t seem extra long or to be going the wrong direction, and no other buttons had been lit.  And there was no one here waiting for the elevator.  I couldn’t imagine I had accidentally hit the 4 instead of the B, but perhaps.  This floor looked deserted and I figured that it must be one of the wings awaiting renovation.  I decided to take a look around just for the fun of it, since I was the only person on the floor.  Plus, I knew for a fact I hadn’t mistakenly pushed the wrong button, and I thought it pretty mysterious that I was brought there.  I thought it would be fun to explore and find out why. 

As I walked down the hall and I looked into the patient rooms, even looked in the employee break room.  There was no one around.  This was definitely an abandoned floor.  It was so quiet and felt kind of creepy to be there all alone.  I reached the end of the hall to the big open area where the waiting room was on one side and the nurses reception desk on the other.  Everything looked normal except for being completely deserted.  It was eerily quiet and it just felt wrong somehow.  I felt I was wrong to be there, not that I’d get into trouble or anything.  We often took shortcuts through abandoned wings, but this wing just seemed so eerily strange, empty, and wrong somehow. 

I was getting creeped out and decided to leave, so I went back down the hall to the elevator.  I pushed the button.  Suddenly a woman said, “Can I help you?” and it scared the heck out of me.  I quickly turned around and a hospital employee was politely looking at me.  I blurted out “Where did you come from?”  I was in shock at her sudden presence.  But after turning to look at her, I saw people walking the halls, nurses, someone in a wheelchair, and there was normal noise and activity.  I must have had the most shocked and confused look on my face.  She told me she saw me walking around looking like I was lost and she thought she’d ask if I needed any help.  She asked what I was looking for.  Still in shock, I ignored her question and asked her where everyone was and told her that just a minute ago there was no one here.  I told her I even walked up to the waiting room and no one was there.  She pointed that direction and said, “Yeah, you mean down there?  Yes there are people there.”  She seemed just as confused as I was as to why I hadn’t seen anyone before. 

I said again, "But where was everybody?"  She didn’t seem to understand that my question was literal and she said, “You were just down there.   There are people there.  But I can help you.  Where do you need to go?”  I wasn’t wanting her help, I wanted to understand why everyone had suddenly appeared all at the same time when I was the only person here before.  She said again that she saw me down the hall looking lost and followed me to the elevator to see if she could help.  I was beginning to think that she might be thinking I was a lost psych patient!  To make me feel better, she walked with me back down the hall to the nurses’ station where I saw patients and staff just as any normal floor would have of activity.  She said, “You were just here.”  I nodded.  She said “You obviously don’t belong here, let me get you back to the elevator.”  I finally had the presence of mind to tell her where I was going, the basement, and that I had no idea how I had ended up here.  She walked me back to the elevators, and I got on and left. 

I don’t know what happened or why, but it seemed that somehow I was not in complete alignment with physical reality time and space from the moment I got off that elevator until she got my attention.  I don’t know if I seemed odd to everyone else or if anyone else even noticed me.  For some reason she did.  But to my perception there was no one else there until she called out to me.  I’ve had a lot of weird experiences but this is one of the weirdest, especially since I don’t have a good understanding or belief about what this experience was all about.  I'm interested to hear any theories!

Vicky

Author of Persephone's Journey (Amazon.com)

http://www.vickyshort.blogspot.com/
WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Mogenblue

dutch spirit

Amsterdam
Re: Out of sync with physical reality?
Reply #1 - Feb 4th, 2013 at 12:40am

Vicky, I understand what you told, but I am just as surprised as you are.
I really don't know what to say about it, but I do believe you.

A View into the Hereafter
Only by serving and loving the life of God, the human being conquers his Universe
IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #2 - Feb 4th, 2013 at 1:30am

Carl,

Your response was out of line.  No need to be rude.  If you don't like me that's fine.  But if you don't like Bruce's work, why are you here on his website?

Mogenblue,

Thank you, I appreciate it.  It's easier to share my more weird experiences after having become more comfortable with my acceptance that there's more to this physical reality than we realize!  I don't know if I'll ever find the answer to what this experience was, but stuff like this at least makes for interesting conversations.

WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Mogenblue

dutch spirit

Amsterdam
Reply #3 - Feb 4th, 2013 at 5:30am

It does show your consciousness is open or sensitive enough to such strange experiences.
It's one thing if you are dreaming and the experience is so real that you can't distinguish it from Earth reality.
But being just flat awake and then have an experience of being completely alone is very different.

I know that spirits of low energy see earth people with a higher attunement as a sort of white haze or bowl that they cannot penetrate. The higher attunement provides such a cloud of energy around them.
But this is totally different, seeing no people at all while being fully awake. How can you switch to a level where you see no people at all? Beats me.

Only by serving and loving the life of God, the human being conquers his Universe
IP Logged

DocM

Reply #4 - Feb 4th, 2013 at 8:11am

Hi Vicky,

Interesting experience.  Yes, our consciousness can attune itself or focus to different perceptions.  It is unclear to me where you were or perhaps when.   Remote viewers sometimes are given coordinates of a site and describe things from the past or from the future (later borne out or found in researching the past). 

Carl, really if you don't believe in all the mumbo jumbo of posters here, why chime in with these insults?  Why not instead participate in a forum that suited your tastes?  And tell me how do your insults or inappropriate remarks help the discussion?

One thing I admire about Bruce is that he puts himself out there, with his experiences or beliefs.  Bruce doesn't try to convert anyone to a specific style of thinking; in fact he warns people about getting stuck in a belief system.  He certainly isn't trying to be a guru (read his posts), so much of your barbs were thrown for no good reason.  And, Carl, he lets all of us benefit from this forum gratis (for free). 

M

IP Logged

Mogenblue

dutch spirit

Amsterdam
Reply #5 - Feb 4th, 2013 at 9:25am

I wonder if it would have happened if you had taken the stairs. Probably not. Too much stairs and taking the stairs keeps you too much focused on which floor you are.
The elevator allowed your conscious to change somehow.

By pushing the wrong button without noticing you entered a floor which was usually not the floor your work on, I guess. I guess it was a kind of otherwise unfamiliar environment.
You expected an empty environment, the basement, while in the elevator your mind already attuned to that. So in your susceptive mind that got so real that when you stepped out on the fourth floor you didn't see any difference. Your expectance of seeing nobody in the basement had the upper hand.

I think these kind of things do happen more often in various situations.

IP Logged

Lights of Love

Reply #6 - Feb 4th, 2013 at 11:28am

Hi Vicky,

Definitely an interesting experience!  I've had a few similar experiences, but nothing that lasted more than a minute if that.  Probably one of the best descriptions I've heard is from Tom Campbell.  He describes these experiences as switching "reality frames" which is entirely possible for anyone to do either intentionally through remote viewing as Matthew mentioned or otherwise in which I believe the consciousness system (guides if you prefer) create the experience.  Or perhaps you simply slipped into a time frame before or after that wing of the hospital was in use. Slipping from one time frame to another is what I think happened to me when I was about 10 or 11 years old. 

My grandparents were living in the country and I loved to visit them.  This particular day I was walking down a gravel road and was perhaps a mile or so away from the house, but the house was still within my sight, when suddenly all the scenery around me (corn fields mostly) changed where I saw nothing but prairie grass and tall weeds.  My grandparents house was not visible, nor were the other farm houses that I knew were there, but what really surprised me was the road was gone and I was standing all alone in a field of prairie grass.  I looked up at storm clouds that were starting to build, heard a loud crack of thunder, felt a chill run down my back and I took off running down the road that had suddenly reappeared.

Kathy

Tread softly through life with a tender heart and a gentle, understanding spirit.

IP Logged

Rondele
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Feb 4th, 2013 at 3:50pm

Vicky-

I've mentioned this before, but it's similar to your experience.

My mother's nephew was a customs agent in upstate NY bordering Canada.  From all I knew about him, he was definitely a pretty grounded guy.

One day he was relaxing on his front porch, casually watching the traffic go.

Suddenly the whole scene shifted.  Instead of cars there were horses and buggies, and there were people but they were dressed as would be expected in the early 1900s.  The pavement was now cobblestones.  He could clearly hear the hooves of the horses and the clattering wheels going over the stones.

Then just as quickly the scene shifted again, back to the present.

He swore he was not sleeping or dreaming, but wide awake at the time.

Assuming it was not a lucid dream, could it be that Seth was correct in that all reality is really unfolding at once, past/present/future is really just One?

And somehow he was able (albeit without effort) to peer through whatever veil separates these time frames?

R

IP Logged

heisenberg69

England
Reply #8 - Feb 4th, 2013 at 5:46pm

Hi Vicky,

it seems that you've had a lot of thoughtful responses here. One thing I'd like to ask is if you've heard of Jenny Randles who writes a lot about time issues (e.g. Time Travel: Fact, Fiction & Possibility) she recounts a lot of incidents such as this. There is a link to a tale of a couple who stayed in 'vanishing' hotel here: http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art55825.asp

D

IP Logged

Ginny

Wa
Reply #9 - Feb 4th, 2013 at 8:20pm

Dear Carl,

You did the same to me over a year ago, accusing me of being some kind of gonzo feminist (like......what Shocked?!), of making money from my afterlife experiences (when? where? how?...not one friggin' nickel) and of never having any verifiable evidence or proof of the afterlife (sure).

What's your problem, Carl? Don't you know that your childish participation here smacks of envy and immaturity that should embarrass you?

"Intelligence is knowing that which is important." Albert Einstein

IP Logged

Ginny

Wa
Reply #10 - Feb 4th, 2013 at 8:31pm

Vicky,

What an interesting experience. It seems it was much more than you just being spooked by someone approaching from behind. You could feel from the moment the elevator doors opened and you stepped out into the empty hallway that something was off or different. Sometimes re-visiting an experience, locale or feeling, to see if more info comes to you, can be a benefit.

Just a thought.

Ginny

"Intelligence is knowing that which is important." Albert Einstein

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #11 - Feb 4th, 2013 at 8:58pm

Yes these are all great responses.  Thank you everyone for sharing your thoughts. 

Kathy, were you scared as a child when that happened to you?  I think Mogenblue is right about consciousness being open to these types of experiences.  I've had more than a fair share for one person, but I think I must be wired this way.  Kathy, I always think of your experience with the car, you should have crashed but instead went right through it, right? 

Rondele, that's remarkable.  I know that none of you really know me but people who do would also say I'm pretty grounded too.  I can't say that I have any idea what opens me up to these experiences.  All I know is, they come when you're least expecting it to.  Which makes sense I guess.  I think Mogenblue was alluding to the fact that the elevator ride worked as a vehicle to "transport" my consciousness.  As with your mother's nephew...sitting on the porch watching the traffic go by is one of those activities that allows the mind and consciousness to shift so subtlely you don't even notice anything happening. 

You reminded me of an experience I had when I was pregnant with my firstborn.  I was at work.  I do medical transcription.  That kind of work is also perfect for allowing the brainwaves to shift into alpha waves I think.  What I mean is, you can really just tune out what you're doing and completely be somewhere else.  One day while typing I was completely awake and aware of what I was doing when suddenly everything in my physical visual field shifted and what I was seeing was as if I were standing inside a hotel room.  I knew my eyes were open, and I blinked many times to try to shake away the vision.  I even waved my hands in front of my face, but couldn't see them.  I could still hear the normal office voices and activity and could even place my hands on my keyboard, desk, and chair but could not see what I was doing.  Physically I knew I was still at my desk at work.  I turned my chair to get up and get help, but being pregnant I didn't want to fall or cause anyone to panic for me.  So I remained calm and watched the vision as it unfolded.  Visually I was in this hotel room.  I watched a scene unfold before me which I knew to be completely a symbolic scene, not literal.  The visual lasted at least more than a minute, but probably not more than two and suddenly my vision went back to normal.  The vision was like watching myself in a dream.  It seemed to signify that many years in the future I'd be divorcing my husband, coming out on the other side of a death, and allowing my baby to go forth.  At the time, I had no idea what these things meant but felt they were going to happen many years in my future.  By the time I did divorce my husband about 15 years later, I had to go through quite a transformation, like a death of my old self, in order to have the courage to stand up to him and leave him.  He was very abusive.  And "my baby" going forth, to me means my passion of studying the spiritual and the paranormal and writing my books, something my husband tried to prevent me from doing while we were married.  What was remarkable to me about that strange experience was not what it told me, but the fact that the vision took over my ability to physically see.  It was like having a dream while being completely wide awake.  It was too intriguing not to just sit there and watch, but I know for a fact that if it had gone on any longer I was already planning to try and get up and walk to the next cubicle and tell the person sitting there to please call 911.  I thought, "if I don't get my ability to see physically soon, I'm going to be really scared!" 

Dave,

Yes I have "Time Storms" by Jenny Randles and have read it many times.  It's an fascinating read.  Another similar "altered-time/reality" story I have is one that I actually emailed to Jenny Randles asking her what she thought.  I can't remember her exact reply, but I have the copy.  But her opinion was that I was witnessing a possible future event.  The event was one afternoon while driving to work I was stopped at a light.  A truck ahead of me in the middle lane suddenly caught on fire and was engulfed in flames.  I panicked and was about to ditch my car and run as fast as I could away from the area before all our cars exploded.  But I could see that no one else was reacting, not even the woman right behind the truck who was looking right at it.  Just before ditching my car, I took one more look at the truck and saw the whole event go in reverse as if being rewinded.  The flames got sucked backward until completely gone and all was normal again.  I have to agree with the author of that book...that I had witnessed a possible future event.  But I'll never know if it actually happened.  I lost the truck in traffic and didn't know what else to do. 

I hate to make it sound like I have these kinds of things happen all the time, I don't.  They are rare.  I'm quite a rational, reasonable, logical, and normal person and don't do drugs, drink, or have any mental illness.  But I trust that there's a reason for what I'm experiencing even if I don't have answers to them all.  Most of my visions and clairvoyance are common experiences which end up coming true in the near future, giving me that direct and immediate verification that tells me I can trust my clairvoyance to be a real sense of perception.  Like I said though, there are a few of the really weird ones that still don't make sense to me.

Thanks Ginny---I'm tempted to try and go back to that same elevator and area, although I don't work in that department anymore.  But I don't expect the same thing to happen.  It seems that once you become aware of something, trying to recreate it doesn't work. 

Thanks for all your responses. 

WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

SHSS

Reply #12 - Feb 4th, 2013 at 9:30pm

rondele wrote on Feb 4th, 2013 at 3:50pm:
Vicky-

I've mentioned this before, but it's similar to your experience.

My mother's nephew was a customs agent in upstate NY bordering Canada.  From all I knew about him, he was definitely a pretty grounded guy.

One day he was relaxing on his front porch, casually watching the traffic go.

Suddenly the whole scene shifted.  Instead of cars there were horses and buggies, and there were people but they were dressed as would be expected in the early 1900s.  The pavement was now cobblestones.  He could clearly hear the hooves of the horses and the clattering wheels going over the stones.

Then just as quickly the scene shifted again, back to the present.

He swore he was not sleeping or dreaming, but wide awake at the time.

Assuming it was not a lucid dream, could it be that Seth was correct in that all reality is really unfolding at once, past/present/future is really just One?

And somehow he was able (albeit without effort) to peer through whatever veil separates these time frames?

R

Yes, I believe so.  I’ve had similar experiences and considered them lucid dreams, assuming that lucid dreams are just as real as this “real” focus reality we now find ourselves in.

For many years, I’d assumed that I would always realize when I was having a conscious lucid dream because there would usually be something that didn’t quite fit, such as my body hopping up, and flying through a window.

One day while a so-called green comet was zooming by, I stood up from my chair and everything in my home had taken on a green cast overlay to it.  With no feeling of having fallen to sleep, I simply stood up, and found myself in a thick green fog.  While walking through my house, I saw that everything including my white dogs were covered in this brilliant green.  I thought the comet must have done something to my reality dimension, and let this confusion rest for several years.

The other day, while listening to Bashar videos, I came across the one posted below.  Finally, I had my answer.

Lucid Dreaming - Bashar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4ophU5dQB8

IP Logged

Ralph Buskey

Brick Township, NJ
Reply #13 - Feb 4th, 2013 at 9:52pm

Quote:
      Forums / Afterlife Knowledge / Re: 2012 Calendar Issues
on: Nov 8th, 2012 at 6:42pm
Started by pratekya | Post by Ralph Buskey      

Carl says:

Quote:
Hi Ralph. In your previous posts, you mention that you suffer from acute constipation. May I suggest you take the organic-vegetarian method rather than buy chemical pills offered by the major pharmacies. California pitted prunes or organic senna tablets are the best way to solve this problem of yours...As regard your reply to this thread, I'm sure my suggestion will solve this question of yours. Best Regards. Carl & Family.   

(My response)

Hey carl,

Are you trying to be some kind of comedian? I'm trying to supply helpful information and you are picking on me with made up attacks. I never said anything about being constipated, and your humor is not appreciated here. Go pick on people in some other conversation board who appreciate your sick form of humor.

Ralph

Hey Carl,

Even though that was 3 months ago, do you remember this post? I see you are continuing to pick on members of this board. I guess you let me off very lightly compared to your cruel remarks to Vicky on this thread:

Carl said:

Quote:
Vicky.  If Bruce told you to strip naked and Streak around your neighborhood block for 15 minutes, as this will increase your OOB experiences! You'll do it? Because Moens is a Guru to you! And...Are you serious!???. ..We all know you're a
"Bruce" Imagination clone and groupie in regards to the Astral Afterlife Planes and their explorations. You can always report me for phony "Malware" like you and Moens inner circle did with Paulie! OK! Use your Moen "Imagination" method and tell us all when the next major disaster will happen on our physical Earth!

I consider the gross comments that you make as a form of Malware all by itself. I bet many of us are hoping that you do something stupid to get kicked off of this conversation board and relieve us all of your non intellectual attempts at non humorous verbal abuses.

I'm sorry Vicky for spouting off on your thread like this but I just had to say something. You don't deserve to have verbal bullies like Carl saying nasty things to you like that.

Ralph

Ralph Buskey Ralph Buskey  
IP Logged

Ralph Buskey

Brick Township, NJ
Reply #14 - Feb 4th, 2013 at 10:01pm

Greetings Vicky.

I am fascinated by your experience in the hospital. Don't take this the wrong way as I totally believe your experience, but this sounds like a Twilight Zone episode (I love watching "The Twilight Zone")   Smiley

At first I thought about time dislocation which would have put you at that hospital floor when either they didn't open yet or were closed at a later time. This couldn't be the case, since the nurse said she saw you the entire time. Therefore, you were physically there when the other people were. My best guess is that you had a psychic vision of being there at a time when no one else was. Either way though, I still think it's a fascinating experience to have.

Ralph

Ralph Buskey Ralph Buskey  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.