Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Warning- Bin Laden Thread (Read 14345 times)
Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Colorado
Re: Warning- Bin Laden Thread
Reply #15 - Feb 1st, 2013 at 10:53am

Yes, thank you too Bruce, of course.  I just needed to know for sure that the threat was able to be removed and was gone.  Why wait for the one who posted it to be the one to remove it!   Shocked

To whomever said that Pauli was the only one attempting PEs...aren't you confusing Pauli with PauliEffect?  They are not the same person, right?

Again, thanks Bruce.  Thanks for keeping this site running safe for everyone. 

Smiley

Author of Persephone's Journey (Amazon.com)

http://www.vickyshort.blogspot.com/
WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Rondele
Ex Member

Reply #16 - Feb 1st, 2013 at 11:42am

Hi Vicky-

Most of us including me referred to PauliEffectt as Pauli just to keep it simple.

Bruce also referred to him as Pauli and banned the correct person.....i.e. Paulieffectt.

R

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #17 - Feb 1st, 2013 at 11:58am

I noticed a couple weeks ago or so that there was a new member under the name of "Pauli", and I wondered if it was PauliEffect having created a new identity or was it a completely different person.  That name, "Pauli" is now gone from this site.

However, the username "PauliEffect" is still on the site.

WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Rondele
Ex Member

Reply #18 - Feb 1st, 2013 at 12:23pm

Vicky-

If you go to Reply #54 on the bin laden thread, you'll see that PauliEffectt posted a picture of the drone that he claimed hit the Pentagon instead of Flight #77.

Then, he posted the same picture of the drone a few days ago on the Swedenborg thread.  It was then that the malware appeared.

He obviously was irritated that his conspiracy theory was challenged, he couldn't back up his theory when challenged, and it was then that the drone picture with malware appeared on the Swedenborg thread. 

And he specifically requested that anyone who wanted to continue the discussion re. his 9/11 nonsense do so on the Swedenborg thread.

It's pretty obvious what happened, and why.

R

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #19 - Feb 1st, 2013 at 12:33pm

Thanks Rondele.  I am not doubting what you're saying.  I'm glad this was caught and handled appropriately and fast.  I was just curious as to why the username "Pauli" is gone, which is who I thought was banned.  I thought being banned meant your username got deleted.  Which is why I wonder why "PauliEffect" is still here, not deleted. 

I'm just curious that's all. 

I haven't been following the threads you guys get all involved in.  I'm not interested in those same old Swedenberg conversations that continue and repeat.

But thanks for replying to me.

WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #20 - Feb 1st, 2013 at 3:00pm

I have Norton on my home computer and it always seems to do the job. If I installed Malwarebytes would it interfere with Norton? Would my internet connection get slowed if two anti-virus applications were operative at the same time?

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #21 - Feb 1st, 2013 at 3:28pm

I personally hate and don't recommend Norton.  It has always bogged down my system.  I think Norton will slow you down even further if you have other AV software running.  I now have Kaspersky which I love.  I have been able to run Malwarebytes along with it, however when it comes time to remove the old version and download new, then Malwarebytes is in the way.  I have to delete Malwarebytes, take care of my AV, and then reinstall Malwarebytes.  Maybe that's just typical for any AV software.

WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Rondele
Ex Member

Reply #22 - Feb 1st, 2013 at 3:51pm

I also have Kaspersky although I used to run Norton until it was obvious that Norton slowed down the computer to the point where I had no choice but to get rid of it.

The thing is, K did not show any warning re. the malware thread.  It was not until I downloaded malwarebytes that I got the warning.

So that bothers me, since I thought Kaspersky was not just an anti-virus program but also protected against malware.

I guess I'll need to find out!

R

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #23 - Feb 1st, 2013 at 4:28pm

Thank you for the responses. Fortunately, Norton doesn't slow down my computer.

IP Logged

Rondele
Ex Member

Reply #24 - Feb 1st, 2013 at 4:57pm

recoverer wrote on Feb 1st, 2013 at 4:28pm:
Thank you for the responses. Fortunately, Norton doesn't slow down my computer.

That's good, but did it warn you about the malware? 

R

IP Logged

Lights of Love

Reply #25 - Feb 1st, 2013 at 5:08pm

It's been a few years ago, but I was running Norton and it was up to date and it didn't stop someone from connecting to my computer and making International phone calls that were billed to me.  Fortunately, I didn't have to pay for them... still, I'm just saying...

Every year I call the place where I have computer work done to ask what anti-virus software they recommend.  Apparently some are better than others some years.  This year they recommended McAfee or AVG plus a couple others that I don't recall the names of at the moment.  Actually for 3 years now both McAfee and AVG have been on their list.  McAfee tells you all the attempts made in the logs and also if you click on a potentially malicious site it will intervene with a warning and ask if you really want to go to that page.  You will have to click "yes" otherwise the page doesn't open.

K

Tread softly through life with a tender heart and a gentle, understanding spirit.

IP Logged

Bardo

Reply #26 - Feb 2nd, 2013 at 12:59pm

I highly recommend Webroot. It is web-based, inexpensive and very light on your computer resources. But very effective. I have had no problems with three laptops in our house since getting it. And much less cumbersome than Norton or McAffee. Of course, I use a Mac while the rest of the family struggles with Windows!

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #27 - Feb 2nd, 2013 at 2:18pm

My computer at work uses McAffee and has gotten invaded in a way my home computer hasn't.  A tech said this is because my place of employment doesn't keep a recent enough browser version and this is needed for McAffee. I don't know if this is true.

One time a Tech installed Maloware on my work computer in order to deal with a virus, even though this isn't what techs are supposed to officially do.

There is a site I stay away from while at work because I know that my computer will get attacked.

IP Logged

BobMoenroe
Ex Member

Reply #28 - Feb 3rd, 2013 at 6:06am

Sandboxie is a different approach to dealing with actual attacks and malware, that works well.

As this is a thread best suited for Off Topic, I gave an imaginary notification to Bruce about this and his failure to comply has resulted in a ban. Don't worry though as you will still have a chance to attend his workshops. He said he'll go back to eating prunes and do some light jogging while practising wiggling his jazz hands.

The elephant in this board is the spiritual malware known as PUL, and I doubt anyone will be banned for praising it with kind words. Unconditional does mean anything goes however anybody tries to revise its meaning. So with christian cheek turning. The jesus figure teaches you to hand out carte blanches, much to the benefit of the one filling in the number.

Though the build-up and reaction to Paulie's ban was awkward and helped by his own rigidity and the nurturing man boobs of Matt & Roger, what a pair of tits, I'm glad to see the amerikan do as I say and not as I do is more cherished than moral relativism. Good for you guys. Slap for a slap. Too bad the previous amerikan government doesn't get a slap on the wrist for letting the 911 incident slide. But who gives about that, right? It's a new day.

As for Paulie, if you're reading this, great lesson about beef jerky being passed around the agreeable circle, a circlejerky, basically.

Oh, I forgot, put an imaginary ban on all the participants here. Silence is beautiful too. But since I for one second will adopt a mother's alleged patience for her sons and daughters, I'll let it slide down the slippery slope. So however beautiful silence is, let's hunt her down like a witch, tie her to a pole and watch the fire.

IP Logged

DocM

Reply #29 - Feb 3rd, 2013 at 12:39pm

Bobmonroe,

I for one never suggested that Pauli be banned - just so we are clear.  However, everytime you went on the Bin Laden thread, your computer port was attacked in such a covert way that only Malwarebytes picked it up but not AVG or other common antivirus programs.

I private messaged Pauli, and he did not respond.  Others found the same malware linked to his pictures. 

You seem to think that cultivating PUL means that you can never take action to do anything but accept any attack.  Morihei Ueshiba, commonly known as O'Sensei was the founder of aikido - the martial art which uses the attacker's energy to either throw him or immobilize and end the attack. 

O'sensei used to say that aikido was founded in love.  It was a very difficult concept, to see the attacker get thrown in a heap.  But for him, the correct application of technique to disarm an opponent could only be applied with love.  The love was the knowledge of the attack and the best response to end the situation quickly - his definition of love.

Love doesn't mean allowing anything to happen, no matter what the outcome.  You rage against people who aspire toward love banning others (implying that their love is just for show).  How self-righteous of you!.  You would never ban anyone, would you, Bob?  You simply would let the malware run through the computers of the hundreds of people who might go through the thread.  Right?  I mean hey, by your school of thought, if you are loving, truly loving, then you can not do anything which might cause discomfort toward anyone, for any reason?  (If you feel differently, let me know). 

If a person is being beaten in an alley, would you walk the other way?  I mean if you have the live-and-let live  attitude, perhaps the mugger was just exercising their free will, right?  No sense in defending the victim, right, because that would not be loving (since you would have to enter into a conflict). 

No one on this site is claiming to be JC.  But even JC had his moments, such as getting angry at the moneylenders, overturning their tables in the temple, and giving some negative sentences to towns and villages which had not recognized his ministry. 

To my way of thinking,  expressing love does not require passivity.  Acceptance of the situation, yes.  So if one tries to harm you, and you can not dissuade them, then defending yourself can be done with love.  Love is not (as i feel you assume) equated with inactivity or passivity.  You can genuinely love others, but act defensively (such as banning Pauli when he refuses to respond to the malware) when you are attacked.   

Tell me, Bob, how would you have handled the malware?  If Pauli refused to acknowledge or remove it.  What would your ideal solution, based in love, have been? 

I get where you are coming from.  You don't like elitism, or cliques.  You have a live-and-let live attitude.  You are particularly irritated by those who seem sanctimonious, and pious, but then appear to act in a selfish way.  I do respect that about you.  Even if you called me a man-boob

M

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.