Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Warning- Bin Laden Thread (Read 14327 times)
Rondele
Ex Member

Warning- Bin Laden Thread
Jan 31st, 2013 at 10:54am

As some of us have already warned, the above thread has an embedded malware that can endanger your computer.

Until Bruce or Alan removes this threat, do not open the thread.  I strongly suggest this be removed asap before computers are infected.

If the malware cannot be removed, the entire thread should be removed until the infection is corrected.

R

IP Logged

Rondele
Ex Member

Re: Warning- Bin Laden Thread
Reply #1 - Jan 31st, 2013 at 1:14pm

PS-

As most folks know, these malwares/viruses are almost always designed to infect PCs, not Macs.  That's because the great majority of computer owners have PCs.

So the fact that isee posted on the bin laden thread should not be interpreted as meaning it's not infected.  It simply means her computer does not run the Windows operating system.

Again, I urge Bruce/Alan to remove that entire thread until the malware is removed.

R

IP Logged

Bruce Moen
YaBB Administrator

YaBB Admin Land
Reply #2 - Jan 31st, 2013 at 6:43pm

To All,

I have notified Paulie that any posts by him with any links to any malware must be removed by him by 8PM January 31, 2013.  Failure to comply will result in banning him from the site.

If you find such a link after that time please notify me using the Peer Moderator form and I will carry out the banning.

Bruce

IP Logged

Rondele
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Jan 31st, 2013 at 7:11pm

Thanks Bruce.

R

IP Logged

Bruce Moen
YaBB Administrator

YaBB Admin Land
Reply #4 - Jan 31st, 2013 at 7:20pm

Paulie informs me that he doesn't think any of his post contains links to malware and in fact suggests other are at fault.  I won't tolerate malware links and the threat they carry for visitors.

He's banned.

Please use the Peer Moderator Form to let me know about any attempts to rejoin under new names.

Bruce

IP Logged

isee
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Jan 31st, 2013 at 8:29pm

That's a shame. He's the only one who has been attempting PE's for quite some time. He has been no more abrasive than any other people on this forum have been at various times. What a dumb reason to be kicked off a forum.

At least some people are reporting retrievals lately. Otherwise, this is a conversation board only, and that doesn't move us forward. In my opinion. In fact, this forum becomes stagnant on a regular basis and needs the energy of those who dare to report their experiences, and to try new things. Just my 2 cents. So I'll shut up for a while.

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Colorado
Reply #6 - Jan 31st, 2013 at 8:32pm

Bruce,

Have the bad links in the affected threads been removed???  From what I understood, just opening the thread itself opened you up to the malware.

Author of Persephone's Journey (Amazon.com)

http://www.vickyshort.blogspot.com/
WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #7 - Jan 31st, 2013 at 9:16pm

How can a person know if a link has Malware?

IP Logged

DocM

Reply #8 - Jan 31st, 2013 at 10:28pm

Hi Bruce, Isee, Vicky

I am the one who first found the malware.  If any of you are interested, you can dowload malwarebytes for free.  It is a great program.  I paid a one time 20.00 fee for the full version (which you can upload to several computers).  But even with the free version, if you have it, it picks up hidden attacks on your computer ports that you wouldn't be aware of.

Whenever I clicked on a thread with Pauli's pictures of the pentagon, it said it blocked attempts to get into my ports.  My antivirus software (AVG) did not pick up on it - only malwarebytes did. 

Just so you know, I private messaged Pauli warning him about the spyware, and telling him what I found.  He had ample time to confirm the malware for himself and remove it.  I am not in favor of banning people.  However, for those of you who don't have malwarebyte, and just have regular antivirus (McAfee, Norton), you may have had your computer accessed if you clicked on that thread.  Not sure what it can do though. 

I would like to believe that Pauli was not directly involved in the spyware/malware.  He seemed honest, and a bit simple in his thread against Swedenborg.  So I thought he really didn't know about it.  That being said, you would think his first response would be to remove the offending spyware and apologize (and/or check it on his own with malwarebytes or another program). 

Matthew

IP Logged

Rondele
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Jan 31st, 2013 at 10:55pm

Bruce did the right thing for the right reason.

R

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #10 - Feb 1st, 2013 at 12:40am

Matthew,

Yes, Malwarebytes is great. 

I was just concered that the thread and links are still up?  I haven't clicked on the thread to check myself....but was wanting to make sure Bruce removed the links himself rather than asking Pauli to, who is now banned.  I guess I'm confused as to why the thread and threat are still accessible on this site??

WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

DocM

Reply #11 - Feb 1st, 2013 at 4:31am

The thread is up but the recent posts with the malware are gone.

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #12 - Feb 1st, 2013 at 9:38am

Thanks Matthew.

WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

DocM

Reply #13 - Feb 1st, 2013 at 9:40am

Thanks to Bruce

IP Logged

Bruce Moen
YaBB Administrator

YaBB Admin Land
Reply #14 - Feb 1st, 2013 at 10:19am

Quote:
That's a shame. He's the only one who has been attempting PE's for quite some time. He has been no more abrasive than any other people on this forum have been at various times. What a dumb reason to be kicked off a forum.

I don't like to ban anyone and yes it is a shame.  And if the offending posts had been removed by the author there wouldn't have been any banning.  Denying responsibility and blaming others isn't the best course of action in my view.

As someone who has had to deal with some pretty gnarly malware in the past I cannot in good conscience allow this site to knowingly expose visitors to sources of malware infection.

Bruce

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.