Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Malicious website redirect uploaded (Read 14973 times)
DocM

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Malicious website redirect uploaded
Jan 29th, 2013 at 3:43pm

I have Malwarebytes protection system and since Pauli posted a link to two pictures on the Swedenborg Flaws thread, every time I open that thread, I get a warning that Malwarebytes detected an attempt to redirect me to a potentially malicious website. 

I can only assume that something linked to the thread is triggering that response - possibly some adware or spyware.  If you download malwarebytes (a free program), you can check it out.  I randomly opened up other threads and did not get the same warning. 

I would recommend scanning that thread or just removing the uploaded pictures and giving a voluntary link, as it is a bit unnerving to get this warning whenever accessing the thread.  Furthermore, I don't know the intention of the redirection of the port.

Thanks,

Matthew

IP Logged

PauliEffectt

ALK Member

Re: Malicious website redirect uploaded
Reply #1 - Jan 29th, 2013 at 4:02pm

DocM, you are being rude.

IP Logged

DocM

Reply #2 - Jan 29th, 2013 at 4:19pm

Pauli,

Ever since you changed your uploaded pictures to a link to click on, I no longer get the warning from my malwarebytes protection program.  I'd be careful with that link you posted.  You can download malwarebytes for free.  If you do so, it will tell you what port on your computer is being accessed for outgoing information (just like it did to mine) when you click on your link.   

Pauli, this is not rude (unless the link is yours and you are the malicious software coder).  Otherwise, I hope I did you a favor.

Best,

Matthew

IP Logged

DocM

Reply #3 - Jan 29th, 2013 at 5:28pm

Pauli,

I private messaged you.  The malicious website is definitely linked to those pictures.  Since you moved them to the Bin Laden thread, my malwarebytes software picks them up if I click on that thread now.

M

IP Logged

Rondele
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Jan 29th, 2013 at 7:32pm

Doc-

First of all those pics he posted supposedly show that it was a drone and not the Boeing Flight #77 that hit the Pentagon.  This is absolutely bogus stuff and no wonder it's got malware.

Why humor him by even opening it?  People who peddle that crap are beneath contempt.

R

IP Logged

DocM

Reply #5 - Jan 29th, 2013 at 9:07pm

Roger,

If you get malwarebytes, and then open the thread on bin laden, without even clicking on the pic, the uploaded photos have a bug that accesses your computer port!  I get a warning every time I open the thread (first it was on the ES thread but that was changed to a link).   So I would advise staying away from that thread until Bruce or Alan remove those bugs...

IP Logged

Rondele
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Jan 29th, 2013 at 9:25pm

I agree.  Actually I would stay away from anything he posts regardless of malware or not.  For me at least he has forfeited any claim to credibility or even common decency.

I would use stronger terms but out of respect to Bruce and other posters I'll keep those to myself.

R

IP Logged

DocM

Reply #7 - Jan 29th, 2013 at 9:34pm

Hopefully Alan will pick up on the Malware as of 8 PM tonight it is still on the Bin Laden thread according to my malwarebytes screening program.....

IP Logged

isee
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Jan 30th, 2013 at 10:45am

rondele wrote on Jan 29th, 2013 at 7:32pm:
Doc-

First of all those pics he posted supposedly show that it was a drone and not the Boeing Flight #77 that hit the Pentagon.  This is absolutely bogus stuff and no wonder it's got malware.

Why humor him by even opening it?  People who peddle that crap are beneath contempt.

R

"people who peddle that crap are beneath contempt"

really? people who don't believe the "right" thing are beneath contempt? how about disliking the "idea" but still respecting the person? .... or how about giving a link to a more "credible" source?

IP Logged

DocM

Reply #9 - Jan 30th, 2013 at 3:54pm

As of this afternoon, when I clicked on the Bin Laden thread, Malwarebytes said it blocked an attack on one of my ports.  So the adware is still up on that thread (I believe linked to the uploaded photos).  Until Alan or someone else looks at it, I'd be careful.

Matthew

IP Logged

Rondele
Ex Member

Reply #10 - Jan 30th, 2013 at 5:46pm

Doc-

I got the same warning.  Malware is apparently embedded in what he posts and/or the bogus links he uses.

Not surprising.  But yes, someone needs to remove the threat.

R

IP Logged

Lights of Love

Reply #11 - Jan 30th, 2013 at 6:45pm

I didn't see this thread until after I clicked on the Bin Laden thread.  My firewall blocked 13 incoming malicious attempts to connect to my pc.  Bruce and Allen probably haven't seen this thread.  Best way to contact them is through the peer moderator system.  That goes directly to their email.  I'm doing so now.

K

Tread softly through life with a tender heart and a gentle, understanding spirit.

IP Logged

Rondele
Ex Member

Reply #12 - Jan 31st, 2013 at 10:50am

Just checked this morning and the malware is still present throughout the entire thread. 

We need a new thread warning others of this danger. I'll post one.

It's unfortunate but not surprising that he resorts to this sort of retribution when someone challenges his absurd and grotesque accusations.

R

IP Logged

DocM

Reply #13 - Jan 31st, 2013 at 12:34pm

Roger,

My guess is that Pauli has no idea the spyware/adware is attached to those images. 

M

IP Logged

Rondele
Ex Member

Reply #14 - Jan 31st, 2013 at 1:21pm

Doc-

Perhaps so, but it's interesting he hasn't posted anything about it, don't you think?

Btw it would be useful if Bruce created a Forum devoted to conspiracy theories.  Whether it be 9/11 plots, holocaust deniers, moon landing deniers, Obama being born in Kenya....the list goes on. 

After all, these have nothing to do with the afterlife, and therefore really belong in the off topic category.

R

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.