Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Hepatitis,Cirrhosis and More (Read 23717 times)
Bruce Moen
YaBB Administrator

YaBB Admin Land
Hepatitis,Cirrhosis and More
Jun 18th, 2012 at 5:04pm

To All,

If you or anyone you know has: Cirrhosis; Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD); Diabetes mellitus; Hepatitis C; Lupus;
Multiple Sclerosis (MS); or Rheumatoid Arthritis, I URGE YOU to check out Dr.  Burton Berkson's website at http://www.drberkson.com/

In November of 2011 I was diagnosed with "esophogeal varices" by a gastroenterologist here in Florida. These varices are bulging,
ballooning veins in the esophagus can burst and bleed. Evidently, over the last 25 years sarcoidosis has gradually built up scar
tissue (cirrhosis) within my liver, blocking blood flow through it, and causing the esophogeal varices. Between 40 and 70 percent
of people die when the first varice bursts and bleeds. Not good odds.

After many more tests, and months of treatment with pharmaceuticals with no positive effect, my local doctors advised me to get
on a liver transplant list. I've had too many friends go through organ transplant surgery, a lot of pain, suffering, and bankrupting
medical expenses, only to die within a year or two of cancer or infection as a result of taking anti-rejection drugs. I could not
seriously consider a liver transplant. Several serendipitous events and my own Google research found Dr Burton Berkson and his
clinic in Las Cruces, New Mexico. In late May of 2012 I visited Dr Burton Berskon's clinic. My latest medical tests show my varices
are shrinking as his treatment continues to regenerate new liver tissue.

While I was at Dr Berkson's clinic I met a man named Danny. Danny's diagnosis was Stage 4 cirrhosis of the liver due to Hepatitis C
infection. He'd survived his first esophageal varices bleed about a month before he came to the clinic. Danny had been essentially
bedridden due to his medical condition for about two years. When I met him he'd already had one week's treatment at the clinic.
He looked and acted like a normal, healthy person when I first met him. Danny told me he was having difficulty believing the rapid
improvement in his condition. He told me that every day he RUNS up and down the stairs in his hotel to convince himself it's not a
dream! Dr Berkson and his staff routinely do these kind of miracles at their clinic.

Bruce

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Colorado
Re: Hepatitis,Cirrhosis and More
Reply #1 - Jun 19th, 2012 at 12:32am

Bruce,

I'm glad you're sharing your personal experience publically.  It will help others too, no doubt.  I work in the medical field and wish I could direct patients sometimes to this kind of alternative treatment when the usual things just won't help.

As always, you know you always have my blessings, love and healing energy focus on the highest good for you.  I'm so proud of you, too, for your determination and amazing progress through this process!   Smiley

Love,
Vicky

Author of Persephone's Journey (Amazon.com)

http://www.vickyshort.blogspot.com/
WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Mogenblue

dutch spirit

Amsterdam
Reply #2 - Jun 19th, 2012 at 3:53am

Hello Bruce,

I am sorry to hear about your medical problems.
I hope you will do well with Dr. Berskon's treatments. I think you made a wise desicion to do that.

I hope you will be cured.
I wish you well.

Mogenblue / Frits Andriessen

A View into the Hereafter
Only by serving and loving the life of God, the human being conquers his Universe
IP Logged

isee
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Jun 19th, 2012 at 8:52am

That is wonderful news that you are receiving successful treatment, and that you are in contact with others who are also getting better. Thank you for sharing this. If it is all not too personal, is there any aspect of your treatment, although it is individually based, just for you, that is something you can share with others? It would not mean that others should do what you are doing, precisely, but just that you can share it. If not, that is perfectly understandable. In any case, it is tremendously satisfying to find something that works for you, so congratulations.

IP Logged

Bardo

Reply #4 - Jun 19th, 2012 at 12:59pm

Bruce,
My thoughts and intentions are with you, although is sounds as if you are on the mend. Your work has meant a great deal to me, and I hope that you are able to continue on your journey for a long time, sharing your experiences with the rest of us as you go!

IP Logged

J.K.Chris

Poland
Reply #5 - Jun 19th, 2012 at 3:01pm

Bruce - maybe in your age (you are not getting younger) and/or condition - you should try to start to work with somewhat "medical" (dedicated for health) qigong, like the one known as Soaring Crane qigong (by Liu Zhongchun)?

http://PlanetaZiemia.net - Happy Bobbles - Meet the Friend (and Conscious Sound)
http://conscious-sound.bandcamp.com - best music for extraordinary inner experiences
IP Logged

Bruce Moen
YaBB Administrator

YaBB Admin Land
Reply #6 - Jun 19th, 2012 at 10:36pm

Quote:
. . .  is there any aspect of your treatment, although it is individually based, just for you, that is something you can share with others? .

Isee,

The treatment for my liver condition is a combination of dietary and lifestyle changes (fruits, vegetables, minimize  fried foods, and exercise) together with alpha lipoic acid (IV and oral) milk thistle, selenium, vitamins and other supplements.  The doses and details are custom tailored to the person.

There are two books I would recommend that talk about the approach Dr Berkson uses.  The first book is "The Alpha Lipoic Acid Breakthrough," written by Berkson.  It gives a good history of origin and development of the treatment, and a good explanation of how and why it works.

The second book is "Honest Medicine" by Julia Schopick.  It tells more about Berkson's treatment of cancers and other conditions using his methods .   It also covers successful, inexpensive treatments for epilepsy (Ketogenic diet) and Multiple Sclerosis ( low Dose Naltrexone)

I hope someone who needs this information finds it here.

Thanks for asking.

And, thanks to all of you for your support.

Bruce

IP Logged

DocM

Reply #7 - Jun 20th, 2012 at 8:41am

Bruce,

I too will join in sending you healing energy.  Although I am trained in conventional Western Medicine, over the years, I have pursued a passionate interest in alternative medicine, and have incorporated it into my practice.

Milk thistle and alpha lipoic acid have conventional medical studies which document their effectiveness in certain liver diseases - so there is real support for their efficacy. 

Anything which generates glutathione - a natural regenerator in the liver may protect and improve the liver.  N-Acetyl cysteine may help accomplish this as well as certain other compounds and herbs. 

There is a medicinal mushroom called Reishi (ganoderma lucidum) which has certain studies showing liver benefits, and general overall safety.  Other mushrooms such as shitake may share some of these properties. 

If I can ever be of help, please let me know.  Thanks for sharing the information.  I hope you feel better with this treatment.

Best,

Matthew

IP Logged

betson

SE USA
Reply #8 - Jun 20th, 2012 at 11:19am

Bruce,

Best wishes and prayers for you ! 

You have done so much for so many by sharing your experiences. Thank you also for sharing Dr. Berkson as a resource.

Betson

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Shakespeare

IP Logged

Vee

Port Alberni, B.C.
Reply #9 - Jun 22nd, 2012 at 4:21pm

Again, so many thanks for the hard and selfless work you have done at TMI learning so much to share with others. You have made my life possible through that alone. It's hard to follow and make sense of dear Bob Monroe's writings sometimes for the average person, well, for me anyway, but your writings make everything very simple and clear. I treasure your books. Glad you have been guided to this excellent clinic.

I LIVE IN THE MIND OF SUMMERTIME, MY INNER SKY IS BLUE AND FULL OF LIGHT.THE RICH, JUICY FRUITS OF MY LIFE ARE RIPE UPON MY INNER SUMMERTIME TREES.I AM THE MIND OF GOD.
IP Logged

isee
Ex Member

Reply #10 - Jun 29th, 2012 at 9:02am

Thanks for the book recommendations, Bruce. I have now read the first one you mention here, and found it very informative. I will look into the second one too. I, too, believe in a combination of a very good diet, some exercise, and some nutritional supplements to give a person a jump-start for good health. That, and good ways of managing stress. I think it works.

I work closely with my doctor now, and have for a few years, after finding that I was a little over my head with a few troubles, but no one can do it for you. I believe in thinking independently and finding what works for you, being open minded and unafraid to ask for help now and then. It's not over until it's over....don't ever give up!

Bruce Moen wrote on Jun 19th, 2012 at 10:36pm:
Quote:
. . .  is there any aspect of your treatment, although it is individually based, just for you, that is something you can share with others? .

Isee,

The treatment for my liver condition is a combination of dietary and lifestyle changes (fruits, vegetables, minimize  fried foods, and exercise) together with alpha lipoic acid (IV and oral) milk thistle, selenium, vitamins and other supplements.  The doses and details are custom tailored to the person.

There are two books I would recommend that talk about the approach Dr Berkson uses.  The first book is "The Alpha Lipoic Acid Breakthrough," written by Berkson.  It gives a good history of origin and development of the treatment, and a good explanation of how and why it works.

The second book is "Honest Medicine" by Julia Schopick.  It tells more about Berkson's treatment of cancers and other conditions using his methods .   It also covers successful, inexpensive treatments for epilepsy (Ketogenic diet) and Multiple Sclerosis ( low Dose Naltrexone)

I hope someone who needs this information finds it here.

Thanks for asking.

And, thanks to all of you for your support.

Bruce

IP Logged

a channel
Ex Member

Reply #11 - Jun 29th, 2012 at 3:23pm

Glad to hear that your Temple is on the mend Bruce.  I hope you continue to feel better and better.  Thank you for the info/link. 

Justin

IP Logged

Vee

Port Alberni, B.C.
Reply #12 - Aug 7th, 2012 at 6:27pm

How are you doing, Bruce? Just thinking about you today again, I hope you are regaining your good health.

I LIVE IN THE MIND OF SUMMERTIME, MY INNER SKY IS BLUE AND FULL OF LIGHT.THE RICH, JUICY FRUITS OF MY LIFE ARE RIPE UPON MY INNER SUMMERTIME TREES.I AM THE MIND OF GOD.
IP Logged

ricktimet

ohio, USA
Reply #13 - May 13th, 2015 at 7:33am

Best wishes Bruce, And may God be with you, for a full speedy recovery.
I share feelings with you, in 2008 the said my kidneys were struggling, and would need diallyis. I never went back, been healing my self since that day without medication.

Powers of ones own mind can create the miracles we need. Meditation to the healing centers of the Afterlife.

Again best wishes Bruce!!!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.