Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Induced "OBE" and alternate explanations (Read 9286 times)
Lucy

C1
Induced "OBE" and alternate explanations
Mar 21st, 2012 at 7:39am

radio clip of program on pilots losing conciousness due to the high force put on the body:

http://www.radiolab.org/2006/may/05/out-of-body-roger/

Sometimes an OBE type experience has been induced by extreme conditions. G-LOC can induce something that seems like an OBE. The high force causes the blood to drain from the brain, which causes loss of conciousness. While unconcious, some people imagine they are doing something familiar. But sometimes they imagine they are out of the body looking down on it. Why would they imagine they are doing something that most people would claim they have never done (while on the other hand most of us have been to the grocery store). Is the model given adequate to explain what has happened?

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Colorado
Re: Induced "OBE" and alternate explanations
Reply #1 - Mar 21st, 2012 at 7:59pm

Hey Lucy,

To me it sounds like a classic OBE.  It doesn't matter how it's induced or why.  Loss of consciousness or shock or surprise, anesthesia, strong focused attention, or being very sleepy but trying to stay awake are all natural ways we have an OBE.  So I'm not surprised.  It was hard to tell what they believed though.  Were they just stating this weird state they noticed but not really believing what it really meant from a spiritual perspective?  I heard them saying the brain just gets confused and doesn't know where it is in relationship to the body. 

By the way, I really didn't care for the style of that interview.  It sounded like they were talking over each other, or it was a poorly-done cut and paste job.

Author of Persephone's Journey (Amazon.com)

http://www.vickyshort.blogspot.com/
WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Justin
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Mar 22nd, 2012 at 12:03am

To some extent, the above article reminds me of the research of that researcher that exposes volunteers and their brains to strong magnetic fields and then people describe various nonphysical type phenomena... 

To some extent it reminds me that Edgar Cayce, as a young child, fell head first onto a board with a large nail sticking out of it and it deeply pierced into his forehead...

To some extent it reminds me of the repeated messages i've received from guidance to eat "mummy food", which in the Cayce readings was recommended as "almost a spiritual food..."

To some extent it reminds me of Ah So's dietary advice to Rosalind McKnight and Bob Monroe in the book "Cosmic Journey" about the importance of eating natural, not eating too much, and eating less and less meat and especially avoiding the heavier, denser meats like beef and pork and sticking to the lighter meats of fish and fowl.

I guess what i'm saying is that what we perceive as the physical body, is really "consciousness" too, and consciousness that's energetically entwined and intermingled with our so called "nonphysical" consciousness part of us which is self aware, freewilled, eternal, etc. 

In the further future, humans will begin to fully understand the holistic nature of the interconnection between that which we call "physical" and that which we call and label "nonphysical".  We will understand better that affecting the physical can sometimes affect the perception and perceptual capacity of the physical to the nonphysical, until we completely transcend the physical "rule sets" by completely and permanently attuning to Love. 

We will understand that truly the physical body is the Temple, and should be treated like such, and not like a pig sty like those like Edgar Cayce, Bob Monroe, and other notables treated it like. 

We will understand that if you treat the body like a Temple, and feed it only health and life promoting foods and exercise properly, that it facilitates and strengthens the ability of the nonphysical part of you, to better and more clearly and strongly shine through the physical part or level of you into this level of consciousness, this dimension. 

This is why, probably, that i've been directed to eat a more and more strict and health promoting diet--particularly urged to eat lots of raw and live foods (particularly large amounts of salads), easier to digest natural and nutrition packed foods, avoid junk foods, avoid heavier meats, avoid most sugars, urged to eat less, etc, etc., etc.  Or why, when i was directed to fast for 7 days, towards the end of same i had certain powerful revelations and guidance messages (like that most recent dream i shared talking about Bob's inphysical female self.).

Perhaps this is even why Yeshua, who sometimes downplayed the role of the body in some ways, decided to fast for 40 days before going out and publicly teaching?  Perhaps he knew and felt that he needed to cleanse the vehicle to better align it to the Spirit Consciousness within, so that he could and would be able to better express that attunement within the physical?

IP Logged

Lucy

C1
Reply #3 - Mar 28th, 2012 at 4:54am

Quote:
To me it sounds like a classic OBE.

but ...in a classic OBE the person usually leaves their body asleep. There are reports of OBE events when the body continues on automatic pilot so to speak.

That's just a style RadioLab uses. I guess some people like it.

It would be interesting to see a refutaton of the explanation that this is (only) caused by blood draining from the head, although I guess in this case that is what causes it. This may be why an explanation put forward to explain NDE's relies on less blood in the brain, but it would be interesting to be able to give a reason as to why that is an inadequate explanation.

IP Logged

Lucy

C1
Reply #4 - Mar 28th, 2012 at 6:42am

oh this looks interesting but I haven't read it yet

http://www.near-death.com/experiences/triggers06.html

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #5 - Mar 28th, 2012 at 9:27am

Lucy wrote on Mar 28th, 2012 at 4:54am:
Quote:
To me it sounds like a classic OBE.

but ...in a classic OBE the person usually leaves their body asleep. There are reports of OBE events when the body continues on automatic pilot so to speak.

The drop in blood pressure and going unconscious is falling asleep.  That's what happened in this case.  I still think that's exactly what it is, even if only for a brief moment, a few seconds, or even minutes.  I'm not sure, but did any of the pilots have proof of how long they were experiencing this state?  Being "out of body" can alter your sense of how much time is passing.

WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Lucy

C1
Reply #6 - Mar 28th, 2012 at 12:06pm

I don't think going unconcious from experiencing a high G force is equivalent to regular falling asleep, though I am not sure exactly what causes one to fall asleep. But if it was from the blood leaving the brain I'm afraid we might all diewhen we went to sleep!

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #7 - Mar 28th, 2012 at 6:19pm

No, certain not.  We don't lose blood to the brain when falling asleep.  There are probably lots of reasons that can cause one to fall into a sleep state.

WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #8 - Mar 28th, 2012 at 6:29pm

Also, I'm not of the belief that the only way to experience an OBE is that you must be completely asleep.  Perhaps what is considered light sleep, but we can do lots of things while in that kind of state and not even realize we're sleeping.

WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.