Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
OBE? What's happening to me? Please help ASAP! (Read 4011 times)
Sandrine

ALK Member

OBE? What's happening to me? Please help ASAP!
Sep 8th, 2011 at 9:51am

Soon I'll turn 18. Since I was a little girl weird things are happening to me. Something's started when I was about 3 years old. When I was lying in my bed with closed eyes, in a dark room I had a very strange feeling, which is very hard to describe. A kind of pressure, fear of the unknown. I saw undescribable colorful and at the same time dark images and I falling or rising sensation. I was told by my parents that it's just a bad dream. I thought so. This very short, quickly happening dream became intense, I 'dreamt' with it very much. I was told to not care about it. I don't know when, it stopped for a while. (I have to mention that this dream's grown little by little since my childhood until now). Then I rarely started experiencing it again but I tried to not care about it. It's just a bad dream - I thought. Recently, since 1 year I just can't look at it as a bad dream. Last night I had it again. What happened: I lied in my bed with closed eyes in my dark room. Suddenly a ringing in my left ear started, I saw those images and I felt a sensation like I'd go through a tunnel and I felt a weird feeling in my body, something like a tingling feeling. Then I felt a weird kind of pressure, at the same time pulling and pushing pressure. My breathing slowed down, until I hardly even breathe. First I got scared, that I'll die because I almost don't breathe, but I realized that I almost don't need to breathe. Then the fast changing images suddenly stopped. The pressure, tingling feeling's gone. I saw nothing, but darkness. Then I felt like I'm rising up, going out of my body. It was like magic, I'm lying and my 'soul' or I don't know what is leaving my body. At the same time I started seeing blurry, shiny dots far away and as I was rising, those dots became clearer and I realized that what I see are stars. I got closer and closer to the starry sky. My mind was peaceful, my body was so relaxed that I couldn't even feel it. When I realized that I started thinking, maybe I can't get back, I'm dying or something. So I tried moving, etc. What's weird that I've gone almost this far before. The new thing is that I didn't experience this 'without body' feeling and when I wanted to go back I went through that tunnel or something. This time no. I couldn't make myself escape. I feel like I've changed. I feel so relaxed as never before. Somehow that 'I wanna do this and that' feeling of mine suddenly disappeared. I'm peaceful and all I want to do is nothing, just helping others. I can't find my 'egoist' side (Don't get me wrong, I was not that egoist, just as much as generally people are). Somehow I feel like the things which meant to me so much and to others are not useful. There's something else which I don't know yet, I just feel like there's something which is very important, meaningful, but I just don't know what it is. I don't feel like time is important anymore. I would like to find out what's happening to me. Why is it? Am I going crazy? What's that?! Thank you very much for your help!

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Colorado
Re: OBE? What's happening to me? Please help ASAP!
Reply #1 - Sep 8th, 2011 at 11:27am

Hi Sandrine and welcome to the Conversation Board.

It definitely sounds like what you're experiencing is known as out-of-body experiences.  I too remember having them at a very young age and eventually trying to describe them to my parents who didn't understand them.  I was told it was just a dream or just my imagination, even though I was having them while awake and doing things. 

All the sensations you describe sound perfectly normal so don't worry, you're not going crazy.  If you're interested in exploring this more, just allow these sensations to happen without questioning or being afraid.  Nothing will harm you.  It helps to have an idea or intention of what you'd like to explore or what you'd like to experience.  It will help direct your next episode and will take away any fear you have.

Good luck!

Vicky

Author of Persephone's Journey (Amazon.com)

http://www.vickyshort.blogspot.com/
WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.