Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
30 Reasons Not to Eat Meat (Read 17445 times)
Justin aka Vasya
Ex Member

Re: 30 Reasons Not to Eat Meat
Reply #15 - Oct 25th, 2011 at 11:34pm

I felt better on many levels when i stopped eating meat, and there were more specific reasons, more conceptually, of why it seemed to be a wise and more PUL attuned choice.

With that said, if I was starving and had no other food to sustain this vehicle, i would try to hunt in the manner that was typical of many Native American tribes, with respect and gratitude.

IP Logged

hawkeye

Afterlife Knowledge Member

canada
Reply #16 - Oct 26th, 2011 at 1:26pm

I am not talking about you Ralph. We all have egos. That's why we judge other. Because we think we are right. The truth is, we are all right. Albert, I am not accusing or judging you of anything. Its not that personal. You are just who you are. My point is to show some balance in respect for all living things. Plant and animal. Both being equal. I have ego. I hold judgment on people. Sometimes I don't even know why. Why would any of you thing I am pointing my bony fingers towards you when I write about ego and judgment? I wear a size ten shoe. Would it fit you? I have read many times on this site the virtues of vegetarians over meat eaters. One, better than the other. Nothing could be further from the truth. Both are equal to each other. Both consume other living things to exist. Putting animals above plants spiritually or believing their consciousness is higher shows to me, personally, a lack of true understanding of the life essence and lessons for our existence within the physical realm. Of course you may not be at that lesson... Yet. Or you may have passed it already. Countries go to war all the time over ego and fear. People argue for the same reasons. At least I know I am right, and your wrong. Well, right for me that is.

IP Logged

kirolak

What brings you here will
take you somewhere else

Reply #17 - Dec 6th, 2011 at 11:57pm

Ralph, a lovely post - especially your point number 9!  I totally agree with you, & you are not alone in making the right choice for the right reasons.  Of course the vegetable kingdom is also sentient, but lacking a nervous system as we know it, they do not suffer in the same way as animals do. 
As far as I can tell, there is a resident deva in each species of plant (not individual plants) who expresses their being through the qualities of that plant species. I can not understand how anyone can equate the killing of an animal with the picking of an apple. But all life is sacred & even the mosquito has a right to live.

BTW & off topic : I have learned that speaking to the deva of mosquitoes, for example, stating that one does not kill,  & asking in return not to be bitten, that one gets off very lightly in comparision with others who swipe wildy trying to kill each pesky little insect.

IP Logged

Volu

Right here and right there
Reply #18 - Dec 7th, 2011 at 2:16pm

kirolak,

"As far as I can tell, there is a resident deva in each species of plant (not individual plants) who expresses their being through the qualities of that plant species. I can not understand how anyone can equate the killing of an animal with the picking of an apple. But all life is sacred & even the mosquito has a right to live."

Picking an apple and.. eating it alive. It's so juicy the blood flows out the sides of the mouth. Teeth gnashing and ravaging its flesh like a tsunami of whirlwinds, in other words, nature, eating itself. Some eat the whole baby being - ripped away from earth in the prime of its life. Some toss the corpses of apples on the ground or in the smelly garbage, keeping the rot and the absence of a decent funeral out of sight and mind.

In another equation, if meat eating is the greater evil and plant eating is the lesser evil; respect for life is not their family bond, but evil is.

Vegetarian is an old indian word for bad hunter.

IP Logged

hawkeye

canada
Reply #19 - Dec 20th, 2011 at 1:43pm

Well said Volu. I love your analogy. Poetry to my mind.

IP Logged

kirolak

What brings you here will
take you somewhere else

Reply #20 - Dec 23rd, 2011 at 4:09am

Yes, I agree - most poetic.  But how can you possibly equate picking an apple with the cutting of an animal's throat?  The tree is not harmed by the fruit falling or being plucked.  So in the final analysis, your argument holds no water.  But I realize it is pointless to argue one's case - one just preaches to the converted & stirs up dust.

My final comment on this forum - I wonder how poetic carnivorous humans would feel if "aliens" began to harvest their succulent flesh for consupmtion?

IP Logged

Volu

Right here and right there
Reply #21 - Dec 23rd, 2011 at 6:02pm

kirolak,
"Yes, I agree - most poetic.  But how can you possibly equate picking an apple with the cutting of an animal's throat?  The tree is not harmed by the fruit falling or being plucked.  So in the final analysis, your argument holds no water. But I realize it is pointless to argue one's case - one just preaches to the converted & stirs up dust."

No blood and gore, no face to relate to, but still: physical life. Lesser physical life than animals they are not though they are located differently of the food-chain. Animals eat plants. Plants eat animals. Animals eat animals. A whole lot of eating.

Here's to straightforward poetry: Love Unconditional, the illusion shatters, pouring out disgust at those who slits the animal's throat. C1 examples: puts crackers into the mouth and blows it to kingdom come, leaving he or she to suffer and then eventually pass on. Hangs a dog, flips the finger and has a picture taken while smiling. Gangs up on another dog, scares it and then chases it, puts it on fire and films it while laughing. Condition: don't do those things, or there's no love. No love, valid? Duh. Saying you still do while actually you don't, THAT holds no crappity smacking water. Reserving the almighty non-discerning love to those who hold your hands, sits on your lap and entertains the naivete, exclusively, isn't, and never will be, unconditional.

Can you still love an animal and eat meat from an animal? Way, way beyond words that gets stuck in shiny lip-stick, enhanced by lip gloss and presented as lip service because it sounds so awefully good, though this and other examples as second hand experiences, direct in your face experiences, line up by door, and keep on knocking, as long as it takes.

"My final comment on this forum - I wonder how poetic carnivorous humans would feel if "aliens" began to harvest their succulent flesh for consupmtion?"

Final comment on this forum, yours or mine - talking about the the lovely (for real indeed) animals; water on a goose.

It's what some "beings" do, and some do eat their humanoid physical "foes" alive, with the fear in the humanoid vehicles adding to the meal. A being that's physically stronger puts "them" above humanoid physicals in the food-chain. They will have their cake, but they can't have the essence which isn't physical.

Vegetarian is an old indian word for bad hunter.

IP Logged

a channel
Ex Member

Reply #22 - Apr 4th, 2012 at 5:15pm

Reason # 31 of why you shouldn't eat meat:  So you don't get so sick as to pass out on the bathroom floor. 

Clearly, my body was telling me in no uncertain terms, "enough with the fish, darn you.  We've been vegetarian for too long, why do you think you could load me up with all that concentrated protein all of a sudden and not expect me to get over acid, weakened, and imbalanced?"

"The Salmon clearly won that round!" 

Deep thought's by Jack Handy's body.   Cheesy  Grin

IP Logged

BobMoenroe
Ex Member

Reply #23 - Oct 9th, 2012 at 10:31am

Thinking about starting up an online petition and/or a having a massive demonstration out in the wild corners of nature. It's about time the animals stop eating each other and start thinking.

'Don't be a callous cannibal, be an assisting animal!"

Teams interested in other challenges can step up in Africa as mating consultants for wanton male lions.

'Hey now, how would you like if I bit your neck' *bite*

Come to think of it, might need a few replacement consultants.

IP Logged

Nellen01

ALK Member

Reply #24 - Aug 16th, 2013 at 7:30am

Very informative sharing I appreciate you on this operation. I get most of the useful information from here which increase my knowledge and vision.

IP Logged

hawkeye

canada
Reply #25 - Oct 15th, 2013 at 10:55pm

Happy we can be of any help. I have always said we should enjoy life, in any way it presents itself to us. I just happen to enjoy some of what life has to offer on a hamburger bun.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.