Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Navigating (Read 3469 times)
pattiz

ALK Member

Navigating
Mar 31st, 2011 at 9:02am

I find this board difficult to navigate. Probably bc there are so many different categories.

Those who have been here awhile: do you have any tips about how to keep order and find your way around a little easier? It gets overwhelming trying to find and figureout what I've read and where to post.

Patti
P.S. Thanks for any replies, but I may never find my way back here to read it !!

WWW 119080141491716  
IP Logged

Justin aka Vasya
Ex Member

Re: Navigating
Reply #1 - Mar 31st, 2011 at 10:16am

I wish i had a neat trick or something to teach you regarding that but i don't.  The only thing i can think of is that if you read something that particularly strikes you as important or you want to get back to it later and you don't want to lose it, just bookmark the page and then create a subfolder called "Afterlife Conversation board" or something similar, and put all such book marked links in there.

Other than that, i think it just takes some time and practice, and eventually it just clicks faster and easier, just like anything in life. 

Btw, i've been meaning to say, nice to meet you and welcome to the board.

IP Logged

b2
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Mar 31st, 2011 at 10:32am

Hi Pattiz,

Good question...I generally just check a certain number of 'recent posts' whenever I get on board, from the bottom menu (can select a number of 'recent posts' from the bottom of the page when you get on the forum). That way, I can keep up with the posts as they move along, even if I am sometimes unable to keep up with the conversations. This has worked out well for me. Otherwise, I suggest that you just investigate any section which captures your interest. Welcome, and happy reading and posting.

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Colorado
Reply #3 - Mar 31st, 2011 at 11:20am

Patti,

On each thread there's a "Get Notification" tab, and if you hit it you will get a notification at the top of the screen each time someone posts to that thread.  It's a huge help. 

Vicky

Author of Persephone's Journey (Amazon.com)

http://www.vickyshort.blogspot.com/
WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

pattiz

ALK Member

Reply #4 - Mar 31st, 2011 at 12:49pm

Boy, you guys are ON IT! Cool All great suggestions and i will incorporate all of them.

Thank you for the welcome. Its nice to meet you all too.  Smiley

WWW 119080141491716  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.