Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Death.is it the end? (Read 4849 times)
george stone

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Death.is it the end?
Oct 11th, 2010 at 7:43pm

Kiven williams says there is nothing better than death.We never die,and we have always excisted.

IP Logged

detheridge

Malvern, Worcs, U.K.
Re: Death.is it the end?
Reply #1 - Oct 12th, 2010 at 1:47pm

So the answer to this thread's question is a resounding NO.
Cheesy Grin

David.

IP Logged

hawkeye

canada
Reply #2 - Oct 12th, 2010 at 5:51pm

Can it get any better than something that has never happined, or never will?

IP Logged

Dr. Who

ALK Member

Reply #3 - Oct 12th, 2010 at 7:51pm

I thought this was a question...? Yes, all living things die, and death is the end and relinquishment of the life of said living thing.

Longest lived Individual bacterium:

Two-hundred and fifty million year-old bacteria, Bacillus permians, were revived from stasis after being found in sodium chloride crystals in a cavern in New Mexico. Russell Vreeland, and colleagues from West Chester University in Pennsylvania, reported on October 18, 2000 that they had revived the halobacteria after bathing it with a nutrient solution. Having survived for 250 million years, it is the oldest living thing ever recorded.

IP Logged

george stone

Reply #4 - Oct 13th, 2010 at 12:43am

Dr who,you are thinking about the body.im thinking about the spirit.yes the flesh will die,but the spirit lives on.now you know the rest of the story.

IP Logged

Calypso

ALK Member

Chicagoland
Reply #5 - Oct 13th, 2010 at 1:24pm

Who is Kiven Williams? 

IP Logged

Dr. Who

ALK Member

Reply #6 - Oct 13th, 2010 at 3:33pm

Well, In regards to spirit, I of course hope that it exists in some form. I am not sure if spirit can be considered the same thing as mind being separate from the body, or dualism, but regardless I hope they exist.

The only grounds we have for thinking dualism or the mind and body being separate is based solely on experiences... I.E. NDE's most notably.

Quantum psychics on the other hand does show us that the results of experiments can change simply because someone is watching and also shows that distance of matter does not make a difference where energy is concerned.

Basically, the concept that what WE, the thought, the self, truly is, could theoretically be more than the body, we could in fact be a form of energy that cannot be read with any device because it is a very low form of energy which no device can read.

The search continues as it were, the afterlife is not guaranteed, but neither is it a definite no. Scientists need to remember that when they study. We just can't rule out the possibility without studying ALL the facts.

IP Logged

george stone

Reply #7 - Oct 13th, 2010 at 4:43pm

Just type in,there is nothing better than death.google

IP Logged

Dr. Who

ALK Member

Reply #8 - Oct 13th, 2010 at 7:40pm

Ah... yes... This web site has a lot of information of reported NDE's etc.

..... but it does not prove the afterlife exists as a certainty.

IP Logged

george stone

Reply #9 - Oct 14th, 2010 at 12:16am

I have had a lot of experiences of the afterlife.you have to prove it yourself.G

IP Logged

Lucy

C1
Reply #10 - Oct 14th, 2010 at 6:15am

Kevin Williams says:

"NDEs affirm physical existence to be illusionary in that separation exists only in our minds."

What does it mean for something to exist only in our minds?

Usually we think of that as something we think that turns out to not be factual, but thinking it has little impact on the physical reality,  or physical illusion, if you prefer.

What does it mean to say that separation exists only in our minds? I can't seem to overcome separation the same way I can a prejudice that turns out to exist only in my mind. Surely this separation exists in some more profound way.

IP Logged

Beau

Greenville SC
Reply #11 - Oct 14th, 2010 at 5:11pm

One can't explain the BIG picture by using the logic of the Little picture. The mind is our connection to a much larger reality and it is not created by the brain which is our means of connecting the mind to the physical. That's what I think after countless hours trying to find some proof that the brain creates consciousness.

Separation exists only in our minds, but so does non separation (ie being in the body).

All the world's a stage...whose stage?--that is the question!...or is it the answer...Who is on first.
IP Logged

detheridge

Malvern, Worcs, U.K.
Reply #12 - Oct 14th, 2010 at 6:05pm

Dr. Who wrote on Oct 12th, 2010 at 7:51pm:
I thought this was a question...? Yes, all living things die, and death is the end and relinquishment of the life of said living thing.

Not true -depending on your beliefs and viewpoints, naturally  Angry Wink
All living things (and that may include far more than you think in the determination of what constitutes life) do not die if you consider that we humans are spiritual beings having a physical experience, and the 'end' is not the relinquishment of life at all. We simply go home to where we came from before we incarnated.
I also like to think that my pets are doing the same thing. So for that matter -and Bruce has written on this in his books- other life forms (Dolphins in the case of Bruce's books to give just one example) are probably all having the same physical experience, and then they go home to whatever version of Focus 27 is set aside for them.
Nuts you think? well, remember the maxim: when all possibilities have been explored, the remaining one  NO MATTER HOW ABSURD IT MAY SEEM, must be the correct hypothesis.

Or words to that effect  Roll Eyes

Best wishes,
David.
Smiley

IP Logged

detheridge

Malvern, Worcs, U.K.
Reply #13 - Oct 14th, 2010 at 6:08pm

Dr. Who wrote on Oct 13th, 2010 at 7:40pm:
Ah... yes... This web site has a lot of information of reported NDE's etc.
..... but it does not prove the afterlife exists as a certainty.

It does to the people who've experienced it
and NOTHING (but nothing) will convince them any other way. All the 'logic' and 'scientific investigation' in the world to the opposite viewpoint will not change the knowing (as opposed to beliefs) of those who've experienced it.

Anyway, we all get to find out one way or another eventually!  Cheesy

David.
Smiley

IP Logged

george stone

Reply #14 - Oct 14th, 2010 at 6:32pm

Right on david.I have seen it,and many more things,have I experienced.We are a part of all that excists G

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.