Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Can anyone do a retrieval? (Read 3115 times)
Intrigued

ALK Member

Can anyone do a retrieval?
Sep 28th, 2010 at 6:48pm

I'm wondering if you need to be of a certain spiritual maturity level to start getting involved in this whole retrieval thing.  Reason I ask is I feel I have so many issues of my own to resolve and I don't feel qualified in a sense.  If anything, there's parts of my own self that are lost and in need of retrieval.  "Blind leading the blind" comes to mind.  I bring this up because a few weeks back I had a dream that seems to fit the description of what some of you might say would be a retrieval situation.  It was a dream or images I had while I was fighting sleep paralysis one morning, so I was in and out of consciousness.   Here's the "dream"...

I found myself at the front, passenger side of a car that was in the drive thru of a fast food restaurant.  Inside the car was a young boy (7 or 8'ish) and he was alone.  He looked at me through the passenger window and appeared very distraught and confused.  He looked panicked and did not know what to do inside the car.  I tried to instruct him how move the car forward and also called the police to come get this boy.  The police arrived immediately.  I remember thinking the mother of this boy was in a heap of trouble for abandoning her child.  That's all I remember.

My initial interpretation was the young, scared boy was a reflection of myself.  I was fighting sleep paralysis and afraid to go out of body.  So I just figured there was some sort of inner conflict and fear around me leaving my body (represented by the car).  And part of me was out and the fearful part of me (the boy) was still in my body.  It's not uncommon for me to dream about myself in a protective role with something or someone that's vulnerable which I interpret as me feeling and needing to feel safe and protected.  But then it occured to me that maybe instead of it being an aspect of myself, I was actually bumping into some sort of afterlife scenario.

So back to my original question...can anyone do retrievals regardless of where they are at spiritually?  I sort of feel like a grammar school kid walking into a high school or college.  Like I said, I kind of feel like it's the blind leading the blind.

Thanks for your thoughts!

Angela

mrskaline@hotmail.com mrskaline@hotmail.com  
IP Logged

Justin
Ex Member

Re: Can anyone do a retrieval?
Reply #1 - Sep 29th, 2010 at 2:44am

I think anyone with a real, sincere desire to be of assistance to others can "do" a retrieval.  We tend to get a lot of help in retrievals, especially at the beginning of practicing conscious ones.  A percentage of us are doing it on levels we are unconscious to--especially many folks connected to this site, The Monroe Institute, etc. 

Sometimes Helpers just need an in physical person to set up a resonant connection to the stuck person because the greater degree of similarity between the vibratory patterns of the person stuck and the in physical person who is more consciously aware of Guidance.   We often are the "bridge" that helps the person stuck cross that perceptual gap. 

Just as many in physical people don't tend to perceive people stuck or nonphysical levels all that well or much, many, many people that are stuck have a hard time perceiving Helpers.   This all relates to the respective vibratory rates of these various "levels".   Helpers are of and within very, very fast vibratory patterns.  People who are stuck are in a slightly faster vibratory rate than physical energies.   

More aware and open beliefed people in physical with a sincere desire to be of assistance to others, though the physical tends to have a narrowing affect on perception, can shift their attention or vibrate in sync within to those stuck inbetween physical-nonphysical levels and to some extent to the levels of the Helpers.

Sometimes once that connection is made, guidance takes over and you aren't needed anymore. 

The more mature and practiced folks out there can and sometimes do retrieval work more solo, course you always have to figure in their Disk/more total self as a factor too. 

Maturity and practice definitely helps, but all that is really necessary is a deeper desire to be of help or assistance to others.  This, by it's very nature, speeds up your vibratory patterns, expands your awareness and consciousness, etc.   People that we could call spiritually mature, are just those that have made a definite habit of opening self up to more expanded consciousness levels within.

In being of assistance to others, we grow/remember and become more mature. We all start somewhere, and wherever we start or whenever, now is always the best time to be of assistance to others.   It's what heals us.

IP Logged

Vee

Port Alberni, B.C.
Reply #2 - Sep 29th, 2010 at 7:23am

Angela, often people doing retrievals report that a particular retrieval they were involved in seemed to be themselves retrieving parts of themselves that were lost. So you might expect that to happen if you began attempting to assist with retrievals. Trust the guides. If you want to begin, you might relax comfortably, go into your third eye energy (you will feel it tingling as it activates), request one or two Helpers with beneficial knowledge and intent to assist as you offer yourself to help someone who might be stuck. It might turn out to be parts of yourself who gets the help, it might not, but it will be interesting and a learning experience. That's just what I would do if I felt pulled to learn to help. There is no certification for doing retrievals..not yet anyway!!

I LIVE IN THE MIND OF SUMMERTIME, MY INNER SKY IS BLUE AND FULL OF LIGHT.THE RICH, JUICY FRUITS OF MY LIFE ARE RIPE UPON MY INNER SUMMERTIME TREES.I AM THE MIND OF GOD.
IP Logged

Ginny

Wa
Reply #3 - Sep 30th, 2010 at 7:36pm

Hi Angela,

I initially encountered the idea of retrieving and Helpers in the afterlife when reading The Seth Material, and again in Bob Monroe's third book, The Ultimate Journey. It was something I wanted to be a part of but couldn't afford a visit to TMI, so you can imagine how excited I got when I discovered Bruce Moen's work; The OBE was cool but not necessary to explore alternate realities, and it wasn't necessary to help in retrievals either. It's about a desire from the heart to want to help those stuck.

I discovered that the art of retrieving alone was perhaps the best way to learn about myself...and most of what I gained for my own growth and awareness wasn't presented to me upfront. I just ended up with many 'knowns' over the years and I use to wonder where it came from (lol Roll Eyes).

Anyhoo, follow what feels right for you. I believed what Bruce had discovered and I believed that if he could do it, so could I. I just started flying by the seat of my pants. It's so worth it Smiley!

Much love,

Ginny

"Intelligence is knowing that which is important." Albert Einstein

IP Logged

Xanth

ALK Member

Reply #4 - Oct 4th, 2010 at 2:54pm

Hey guys,

Just wanted to say hi and toss my two cents into the mix here saying that I agree completely that everyone has the ability to jump into this kind of thing.

As for myself, I'm still trying to get into it... but hopefully I'll have some wonderful stories to share eventually.  LoL  Smiley

IP Logged

Romain

North/West Coast
Reply #5 - Oct 4th, 2010 at 6:49pm

Welcome aboard Xanth;
And yes would be wonderful to hear some of your stories, keep on sharing..Smiley
PUL, R.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.