Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
UFO disclosure on CNN? (Read 6947 times)
recoverer

Afterlife Knowledge Member

UFO disclosure on CNN?
Sep 27th, 2010 at 3:06pm

This might be important enough for the main forum. Plus Bruce wrote about aliens in his books.

http://www.examiner.com/ufo-in-phoenix/breaking-cnn-to-air-ufos-and-nukes-press-...

IP Logged

Rondele
Ex Member

Re: UFO disclosure on CNN?
Reply #1 - Sep 27th, 2010 at 3:39pm

I can't help but wonder about the theological implications, assuming there is intelligent life throughout the universe.

Suppose, for example, that the histories of the various planets do not provide for a savior?  What affect would that have on how Christianity views Jesus?  Why would Jesus have only chosen Earth? 

We certainly couldn't say we somehow are more worthy than the residents of other planets.

Personally I think there would be profound implications.

R

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #2 - Sep 27th, 2010 at 4:31pm

What does it mean to be a savior?

Some people believe that because Jesus died for their sins, everything is going to be okay when they join the afterlife regardless of how they developed themselves.

I figure God, Jesus and other light beings help those who themselves. If a person allows his (or her) self to develop in a negative way, then he will end up in a lower realm regardless of what he believes about being saved.

Even if he calls for help and receives assistance, he will still have to become honest about how he harmed others and work on developing himself.

Or in other words, no free passes to heaven.

If there are other planets where beings need assistance, I suppose they will receive it in the appropriate manner.

If people seriously consider what Jesus taught, I believe they will benefit. Considering how many interpretations there are of what he taught, interpretation is a problem. I believe that if people listen to their hearts rather than the fear based interpretations of others when they consider what Jesus had to say, they'll do okay.

IP Logged

spooky2

Reply #3 - Sep 27th, 2010 at 5:53pm

I can't follow this meeting here in Europe, maybe you could write a summary. As probably no hard facts will be presented, it would be interesting how credible the witnesses would come over. Over the time, I noticed it aren't only a few people who worked as pilots, and/or in governmental military and/or intelligence organisations who claim to have witnessed alien contacts or spacecraft appearances. Just the amount of those reports can make one think about it. But I don't know about an investigation about these people, if they're a sort of relatively small club, quoting and affirming each other, or if they can be seen as independent from each other and reliable, healthy, honest persons.

About the relationship between (knowing about) contacts with extraterrestrials and religion, I don't think religious people will review their beliefs because of that. If they did, they won't be religious in the hardcore sense.

Spooky

"I'm going where the pavement turns to sand"&&Neil Young, "Thrasher"

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #4 - Sep 27th, 2010 at 7:06pm

Spooky:

I'm at work now, you can hear some of it on this link. You have to listen to a short commercial first.

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/us/2010/09/27/bts.ufo.activity.cnn?hpt=T2

IP Logged

betson

SE USA
Reply #5 - Sep 28th, 2010 at 10:05am

Hi Spooky
and anyone else whose computer doesn't connect with those links,
(good to know that CNN can't reach the whole world)

The group of men reporting UFO invovlvement with US nuclear sites were from the Air force here. The Air Force (please excuse my bias, dear other branches of service) is often considered the most highly intelligent and stable of our military services. Here in the US I think if you can't believe them, you won't believe any personal sitings.

I didn't see too much new information in the parts of the interviews and reports that I watched, other than the UFOs  had an energy force that temporarily dismantled some military nuclear armaments.
That seems like a very poite warning, since if they did that much, they could probably do alot more extreme warnings, such as detonating a few.

Another source for this latest revelation is interviewer Larry King's interviews with several of these retired military men. But that is also on CNN I think -- sorry I don't have the link.

Betson

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Shakespeare

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #6 - Sep 28th, 2010 at 2:23pm

IP Logged

spooky2

Reply #7 - Sep 28th, 2010 at 8:27pm

Thank you. Sounds like there really happened mysterious things. If we only had the technical recordings of those incidents, but these probably are still classified. Duh, I want to know the truth!!! But maybe I shouldn't be so curious.

Spooky

IP Logged

pedigree

Reply #8 - Sep 29th, 2010 at 7:52am

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5980990221766439646#
UFO the greatest story ever denied.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vyVe-6YdUk
UFO disclosure project 2001

There are plenty of credible people here.

Smiley

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #9 - Sep 29th, 2010 at 10:00pm

Thank you Pedigree, I'll check them out when I get a chance.

IP Logged

Bardo

Reply #10 - Sep 30th, 2010 at 11:59am

betson wrote on Sep 28th, 2010 at 10:05am:
Hi The group of men reporting UFO invovlvement with US nuclear sites were from the Air force here. The Air Force (please excuse my bias, dear other branches of service) is often considered the most highly intelligent and stable of our military services. Here in the US I think if you can't believe them, you won't believe any personal sitings.

Betson

Betson,
Sorry to hijack this link, but I can't let your quote pass without comment.  To give the world the impression that the Air Force is more highly regarded here than other services would be unfair. They certainly are the cleanest. As for "the most highly intelligent and stable", well, that is what they will tell you. Especially after a few beers at the "O" club. Just my 2 cents, as a 25 year Navy vet! Now back to your regularly scheduled UFO programming.

IP Logged

betson

SE USA
Reply #11 - Sep 30th, 2010 at 12:14pm

Bardo,

I'm in trouble.  Embarrassed  My apologies.
(My husband is a Navy vet also.)

What I should have said was that the US Air Force is a 'highly regarded' branch of the Service.

We probably agree, I hope, that it was impressive testimony --  Smiley

Bets

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Shakespeare

IP Logged

Volu

Right here and right there
Reply #12 - Sep 30th, 2010 at 2:00pm

Yes, back to the programming (other forms of beings exist?) this time from disney. A tad older than the recent news. As it happens it includes a retired air force intelligence officer.

http://www.personalgrowthcourses.net/video/ufos_disney_alien_encounters_video

Caution: this impression is given to the world for the world to evalute according to their world views. You may be as uniquely biased as everybody else.

Vegetarian is an old indian word for bad hunter.

IP Logged

Bardo

Reply #13 - Oct 1st, 2010 at 11:13am

I have a very distinct memory of having seen a UFO when I was in my teens. I remember thinking to myself that "Well, I just saw a UFO. That couldn't be anything else. This is  a life changer." And then, somehow I forgot about it.  How do you forget about something like that? It's like forgetting 9/11. At some point I remembered that I had seen the thing.  But I have never regained any memory of what it looked like or what it did that made me so convinced that it was real. Has anyone had a similar experience?

IP Logged

spooky2

Reply #14 - Oct 1st, 2010 at 7:18pm

Bardo, I'm sure if I had not written down an OBE I had in all details, I, too, had forgotten about it, or at least the memory might quickly have become hazy. I guess the reason is, experiences like OBEs and seeing an UFO (well, one of those which is not explainable by human technical or natural knowledge) don't fit with the structure of our anticipations, we have no categories for such occurings, no points to anchor it, and so it can happen that the memory of it fades away.

Spooky

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.