Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
What about mental illness and the afterlife? (Read 14392 times)
Beau

Greenville SC
Re: What about mental illness and the afterlife?
Reply #15 - Oct 11th, 2010 at 8:33am

Exactly Pat! Every shrink I've ever had was caught up in a belief system, at least where I was concerned, and it was mostly because I was trying to break my systems down and really see things. But since it wasn't what they saw or were taught to see I got labeled. Oh well, it doesn't keep me down for too long at a time, I guess. I would imagine that sometimes the "mentally ill" have the least problems crossing over.

All the world's a stage...whose stage?--that is the question!...or is it the answer...Who is on first.
IP Logged

Pat E.

Northern California
Reply #16 - Oct 12th, 2010 at 1:18am

Beau, that's probably because the mentally ill often perceive the nonphysical much more easily than the "sane" do, which is why they get labelled as mentally ill.  So the afterlife is probably no big surprise to them.  I'm just speculating here, and I'm sure there isn't one and only answer.

IP Logged

chrwe

ALK Member

Reply #17 - Oct 12th, 2010 at 11:42am

Hmmm, maybe that is the cause of some mental "illnesses", but I also strongly suspect that many are simply malfunctions of the physical body. I have seen it and I have also experienced it - once. My adrenaline system went wild and I was shaken with panic attacks even though I had no rational reason whatsoever and I could more or less only look on and think "what the,...?" and suffer.

So the answer is probably complicated, as always, just as there are a myriad of conditions labelled as "mental illness" which do not necessarily all have the same explanation.

IP Logged

Savanthar

ALK Member

Reply #18 - Oct 17th, 2010 at 6:32am

Hello Ginny,

Thanks for that website. I went to NDE.com and I couldn't get a website about NDE's at that web address. There was a website called NDE.com, but it was about something else besides NDE's. That's o.k. though.

Thanks everyone for bringing clarity to the issue of mental illness and the afterlife experience of someone suffering from some form of this illness. Our mental life seems to have everything to do with our personality and if personality survives death, then I hope that any mental problems that go with it do not survive death as well.

There were many good suggestions to possible answers to this question on this forum. I will do my best to remember them all. I prefer to think that at death, mental illness goes away and a new life with a new and better personality, or one free from the earth bound mental problems, will exist in the hereafter.

I will do my best in my battle with this problem and continue to educate myself on how to hopefully be ready for the afterlife and to experience a pleasant one. If there really are Beings of Light that help us heal over there, then maybe I have nothing to really worry about. Considering regular physical ailments seem to be alliviated in the afterlife, I am hoping the same is true for mental ailments. But when our mental life is so connected to our identity and personality, one hopes to improve on that inner mental life as much as possible just in case it does have an influence on our possible afterlife experiences.

Sorry I haven't posted for a while, but I was away on vacation for about a week. I just got back yesterday. I went to Yosemite National Park and enjoyed the beauty there. Hopefully the afterlife is just as beautiful as Yosemite is! It's a wonderful place to see at least once in a lifetime, especially if the same beauty can be experienced in the hereafter. I believe Yosemite is very healing and pristine.

El Capitan was one huge rock! I think they said it was about a mile high, but I'm not sure if I got that right. On a sad note, I also found out that some poor souls have climbed to the top of El Capitan just to commit suicide by jumping off of it. I don't know what could compel someone to do such a thing. Apparently that has happened a few times over the years. Maybe they just wanted to go out big.

IP Logged

Ginny

Wa
Reply #19 - Oct 18th, 2010 at 8:44pm

Savanthar,

Oops, sorry...how about this:
www.near-death.com

Lots of excellent literature, NDEs, case studies, results and conclusions, and be sure to click on the highlighted Mellen-Thomas Benedict link (under I think Notable NDEs). So many NDEs are inspirational but his takes the cake: utterly awesome Smiley!

I love Yosemite. Have you been to Yellowstone?

Much love,

Ginny

"Intelligence is knowing that which is important." Albert Einstein

IP Logged

Alan McDougall

South Africa
Reply #20 - Oct 20th, 2010 at 9:13am

Beau wrote on Oct 10th, 2010 at 4:36pm:
Mental Illness is a pretty broad term. There are Illnesses and Behavioral Disorders. I think they stem from the brain and that once one is free of the body the bio brain has no influence, but that is not to say that the influence it had on the mind for all those years alive does not play a part. I would imagine that it certainly does and that might be a big reason there are guides to help one come to terms with the new situation.

What is a clear statement of sanity as apposed to its ugly sister insanity

Alan

Blessings and Light

Alan McDougall
WWW <a href= <a href=  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.