Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
hemi-sync model of consciousness/Monroe PIC (Read 3624 times)
floriferous

ALK Member

hemi-sync model of consciousness/Monroe PIC
Aug 20th, 2010 at 4:05am

Slightly off-topic but I've slowly been gaining control of focus 10 recently and I'm now at the stage where I want to reexperience by one of the two methods below. I'm just not sure how to go about it really. Thought someone could clear it up for me:

1. utilizing Bruce's HS model of consciousness idea to reinstall a previously experienced focus state

or

2...the Monroe Institute approach which is 'putting a flag', as it were, in each of the focus levels with your PIC?

Any pointers on either would be much appreciated.

Thanks

IP Logged

Seraphis1

ALK Member

Re: hemi-sync model of consciousness/Monroe PIC
Reply #1 - Aug 20th, 2010 at 3:50pm

floriferous wrote on Aug 20th, 2010 at 4:05am:
Slightly off-topic but I've slowly been gaining control of focus 10 recently and I'm now at the stage where I want to reexperience by one of the two methods below. I'm just not sure how to go about it really. Thought someone could clear it up for me:

1. utilizing Bruce's HS model of consciousness idea to reinstall a previously experienced focus state

or

2...the Monroe Institute approach which is 'putting a flag', as it were, in each of the focus levels with your PIC?

Any pointers on either would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Hi Flo: I have not as yet been able to make any of those two procedures work. I suspect you have to be a very long way along for them to work or have some specific subconscious suggestability, such as one who is easily hypnotized.

S.

IP Logged

Romain

North/West Coast
Reply #2 - Aug 20th, 2010 at 4:00pm

Welcome to the board floriferous;
As for myself since i did TMI first i went with the PIC stuff.
At the beginning personally find it very helpful, easy to learn and just a matter of thinking of my PIC brought me there, a bit slow but did the job.

Then came along Bruce and HS model of Consciousness.
And did find it much more easier to me to re-experience.

Try both and see which one you prefer/master and then stick with it until something new come along that you want to try.
Both you should try, then you'll know for yourself what works best for "YOU".
PUL R.

IP Logged

spooky2

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Reply #3 - Aug 22nd, 2010 at 7:25pm

I haven't been a big fan of the PIC method, it doesn't seem to match my way of thinking. I always connected specific focus levels to images like landscapes, foggy or clear, am I on ground or flying, inside or outside, or in outer space, or if I feel an expansion in any way and so on. I then learnt to re-enter these states very quickly by remembering these images or feelings.

Spooky

"I'm going where the pavement turns to sand"&&Neil Young, "Thrasher"

IP Logged

floriferous

ALK Member

Reply #4 - Aug 23rd, 2010 at 12:03pm

Romain wrote on Aug 20th, 2010 at 4:00pm:
Welcome to the board floriferous;
As for myself since i did TMI first i went with the PIC stuff.
At the beginning personally find it very helpful, easy to learn and just a matter of thinking of my PIC brought me there, a bit slow but did the job.

Then came along Bruce and HS model of Consciousness.
And did find it much more easier to me to re-experience.

Try both and see which one you prefer/master and then stick with it until something new come along that you want to try.
Both you should try, then you'll know for yourself what works best for "YOU".
PUL R.

Romain,

Could you give me a run down of how you're supposed to use your PIC cos im not entirely sure (i.e what you are supposed to do and when you do it in your routine)

IP Logged

Romain

North/West Coast
Reply #5 - Aug 26th, 2010 at 8:39pm

Quote:
Romain,
Could you give me a run down of how you're supposed to use your PIC cos im not entirely sure (i.e what you are supposed to do and when you do it in your routine)

Hi; sorry took so long to reply.

I taken that you did Guideline, been a while but i think that where they started using PIC.
Your're right put a "flag" or something to remember where you are at.
ex: when your in f10 and feel you are there like in the exercises where they tell you "your in F10" etc.
Put you flag so to speak there, it could be anything you want...a flag/animal/something you care about etc..and every-times you do the exercise when you reach the F level your at used the same Pic.
So if you reach a deeper level the nest time re-install the PIC there..that it.
And then if you do the exercise without the cd/tape, when your relax remember the PIC and remember the feeling and follow it. Or re-experience the feeling like Bruce would say...Smiley
Hope this make sense..Smiley
R.

IP Logged

floriferous

ALK Member

Reply #6 - Aug 27th, 2010 at 12:26pm

thanks

IP Logged

tgecks

Dahlonega, Georgia
Reply #7 - Aug 29th, 2010 at 12:18am

Ditto Romain and SPooky. Initially they suggested in Gateway to see it like and elvator, sort of, but they really did not want to front load anyone. That was enough to front load me, and I saw it like changing numbers in an elevator. But like on the tapes/CDs/mp3s I would arrive and "say" in my energetic body "TWELVE, TWELVE, TWLEVE" when I got there (or wherever). But I have not found the PIC code useful for me either, though they use it up to and including the Starlines programs. At this point I just take a few breaths and there I am, wherever it was my intention to be on any og the Focus levels, and some besides.

Like Bob used to say, he got everywhere he got with Focus 10. Thomas Campbell (who introduced Monroe to the binaural beat article in Scientific Amterican where he learned about the phenomenon) states in his Big TOE that the only OBE that really made a difference was Delta.

Who knows. Do what works for you. I no longer "see" an elevator at all, and have my own crystal on Focus 27 so I do not have to go to TMI There to go beyond Focus 27 like all the TMI programs route you. I had a break from TMI, and it was a great expereience to go out on my own, along paths described in Bob's and Bruce's books. It is a journey worth taking, and all it takes is intention and practice.

Hang in there.

Thomas

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.