Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Difference Between Classic OBE and Phasing? (Read 4303 times)
msagansk

ALK Member

Canada
Difference Between Classic OBE and Phasing?
Apr 19th, 2010 at 12:02am

Could someone please give me more details as to the differences between a classic OBE and the phasing that the Monroe Institute and Bruce Moen talk about?

Is phasing easier to achieve and more flexible? Are there disadvantages to phasing when compared to OBE's or is it superior in every way?

IP Logged

b2
Ex Member

Re: Difference Between Classic OBE and Phasing?
Reply #1 - Apr 19th, 2010 at 1:07am

From my limited understanding, phasing seems to be the more direct route, if less dramatic, and with less effort. It appears to be easier for many, but subtler. Action appears on a 'screen' in the mind, but it feels to be in a very deep place, and very fast, for me. I'm not sure what the 'navigation' differences might be. Can you think of a situation in which you might have been 'phasing' and what did you think about it? I might never have even noticed the 'level' of what I consider to be 'phasing' without this site and its practitioners. I believe it occurs right on the edge of sleep, but others speak of being able to do it anytime, anywhere.

IP Logged

spooky2

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Re: Difference Between Classic OBE and Phasing?
Reply #2 - Apr 22nd, 2010 at 6:27pm

"Phasing" basically just means to shift one's awareness from one consciousness area to another (Monroe invented this term). Insofar a classic OBE is as well a phasing process. But to shift your awareness from the physical to the nonphysical doesn't require having a classic OBE (separation symptoms, having a different, flexible body, no sensations of the physical body). It's possible to focus on another consciousness area while one still is aware of the physical. This is, it seems, much easier for most people than to achieve an OBE. However, in my experience, the amount of doubt, at least for the beginner, is higher in non-OBE-phasing, because it's very much like one imagines something, or having a daydream, while an OBE is a hammer of an experience. You have read Kepple, and his approach was to first imagine a scene, walking a path up to a locale which symbolized the nonphysical (non private, but public, so to say) reality, and he did it with such intensity that finally, when he made the last step, he wasn't conscious of his physical body anymore, so that he finally had an OBE, though not in the "classic" way as Robert A. Monroe described it in his first book.

Spooky

"I'm going where the pavement turns to sand"&&Neil Young, "Thrasher"

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.