Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
The Actor as Soul or The Other Way Round (Read 6631 times)
Beau

Greenville SC
The Actor as Soul or The Other Way Round
Mar 12th, 2010 at 12:45pm

I know many of you have heard this from me before but here is what I think in as concise a manner as I get it down.

There are many theories about where we come from, what we’re doing here, and where we are ultimately going (if anywhere). Are we going to Hell? Are we in a Virtual Reality simulation? Are we real? Will we become real? What is real? How do we grow in this world? Is morality to be our guide? Churches? Yogis? Who knows best how to advance spiritually? And is that advancement really why we are here? If this experience is to benefit our higher selves, then why should what we do be curtailed to someone else’s idea of what we should be?  This is where I have to draw the line and say that open minded skepticism is the best way to obtain the knowledge we seek. One must look for their own answers for what we are is a very subjective experience. We can see this from all the varying accounts people have from Near Death Experiences to Drug induced observations and out of body experiences and so much more. Since science is based on a belief system just as religion is created from the same, these ideas will not provide the answers, but I say the consciousness of the arts as opposed to the sciences can offer a glimpse at the truth.

I consider the theatre to be the culmination of all the different arts in one manner or another. Theatre did not grow out of religious practice as many would have you believe. It grew out of a need to communicate everyday happenings to a large group of people whether they be cave men or a more modern audience. Theatre predates Religious practice by thousands of years and there is even science to back that up. It was at first purely for communication by acting out how the hunt went, how to hunt, how to plant food. Theatre was a method of informing the prehistoric masses and grew into what is now considered entertainment for its own sake or performance that is geared to speeches and the like, still informing.

Within the theatre you will find every other art form represented in one manner or another. Understanding of the plight of the actor is key to understanding our existence beyond our physical world. I liken each of us to the actor who has forgotten he is playing a role and believes what is happening on the stage is absolutely real and that there is nothing beyond the stage. Imagine his folly when he dies upon the stage or simply exits stage left to find a whole other world beyond what he perceived to be all there is. In addition to the expansion of place and even time to the point where it seems infinite compared to what he had thought all of the characters “life” he finds that within himself he is remembering how he is not really the character he portrayed but so much more. He is, relative to that character, immortal.

I say this is what happens at “death” pure and simple. If we can steer clear of all the preconceptions we have about what the experience will bring then we discover a much larger imagination than we had ever conceived of dwelling within our consciousness.

I liken it to Bruce Willis believing he is John McClain in Die Hard to the point that he becomes so immersed in his scene that everyone outside of it, ie the director and technicians and even his fellow actors are concerned. Then perhaps through de-hypnotherapy he is brought out of his trance to realize he is actually an actor with a much larger decision space than the character he was portraying.

I do believe we are mostly improvising here, but occasionally we are given hints and even pieces of scripted thought forms to utilize.

The belief system will affect us the same way as we leave the stage as it will when we leave the body perhaps. As an actor or simply a human being if I have expectations in the here and now can I not perceive them to be true even if to others they are not? Certainly I cannot conjure monsters or Jesus in my current waking life, but when my experience becomes much more subjective in the realm beyond this dimension suddenly thoughts are things and if hallucination is possible here would like not be even more powerful there? I liken this to how the character may feel as he comes out of his “trance” and realizes there is more to be experienced than the mere stage he existed on for a time and now believes his immediate impressions of this new life or after life (which is actually where his actor self came from in the first place) are real when they are just his mind trying to make sense of the new situation.

Once off the stage the actor remembers all the characters he has been over the ions, just as the stage actor in the physical can remember and even recite some of those past character’s lines. So the person, after death remembers his other ventures. Unless of course he has never been onstage before and that might explain why in life he went with the pack rather than explore new facets of existence. The new actor can be either careful or rambunctious when on stage for the first time. Perhaps within the non careful actor is where the murderers and thieves that come into play (no pun intended), as they are more anxious to perform and be seen than those who have crafted their experience to learning about this stage and pursuing a higher calling or we are all characters wired a certain way and that’s that. Or we are here to overcome the character and experience the stage as the actor now in control of his environment.

I’ve written about this theory before but there were some things I wanted to clarify for myself. There are many theories out there and I find them to be very complex or very limiting or both. This is what I have been working with for many years and I find hints of it in most every open minded assertion of the afterlife I’ve come across so far.

I try to avoid religion in what write, but I sometimes use constructs like Lucifer and God and Angels in what I write but they are just metaphors to me and things that are seen upon expectation, I guess.  I have never had these experiences, but sometimes someone else writing about them can get my attention because in my earliest years my parents attended a very fundamentalist church and it was pretty scary to a little kid …mercifully that didn’t last very long and my parents began to open their minds more to what could actually make sense to me.

Yours,
Beau

All the world's a stage...whose stage?--that is the question!...or is it the answer...Who is on first.
IP Logged

usetawuz

ALK Member

ne fla
Re: The Actor as Soul or The Other Way Round
Reply #1 - Mar 12th, 2010 at 1:02pm

That is a well illustrated metaphor, Beau.  And it feels so warm...as a friend of mine says, "You found another truth to add to your collection!"...and the clarity of your thought brings a level of peace to a difficult and sometimes scary topic.

IP Logged

Volu

Right here and right there
Reply #2 - Mar 12th, 2010 at 1:17pm

Beau,

Ah, I enjoyed reading this. Excellent!

Vegetarian is an old indian word for bad hunter.

IP Logged

heisenberg69

England
Reply #3 - Mar 12th, 2010 at 1:33pm

I like your 'all the world's a stage' idea Beau but I don't feel that science is just another belief system.Don't misunderstand me I don't believe science is be and end all of life but it is a useful tool. Individual scientists, it is true, can be as narrow minded as the narrowist of religionists, but the difference is that theories and accepted paradigms are subject to constant peer review i.e. do they continue to match the data ? Theories stand or fall in this way. In belief systems such as a religion this is generally not the case- it was the Truth, it is the Truth and it always will be the Truth...

Dave

IP Logged

Beau

Greenville SC
Reply #4 - Mar 12th, 2010 at 1:51pm

Dave,

When I say that science is following a belief system I have borrowed this from Tom Campbell. In so saying it I mean that, for example, the seat of consciousness-which mainstream science is certain must exist in the brain are missing every other option because of such a belief system. It's not the same as a religious belief system certainly, but isn't it a system of beliefs to limit research to one possibility even though you can't prove it? That's all I meant. I don't consider gravity a belief system.

Check this out when you have time. It's not about consciousness so much but it opens the door to some open minded skepticism:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6rNbMRNye8&feature=related

All the world's a stage...whose stage?--that is the question!...or is it the answer...Who is on first.
IP Logged

spooky2

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Reply #5 - Mar 14th, 2010 at 12:43am

"Riders on the storm,
Riders on the storm.
Into this house we're born, into this world we're thrown,
like a dog without a bone, an actor out on loan.
Riders on the storm"
The Doors/ Jim Morrison, lyrics

Sometimes one might feel like being an actor out OFF loan, meaning you realize you've just awoken from your role (as in your Bruce Willis example) and looking around, you find yourself being in theatre and you're the only one in the audience, and everyone plays a role, but you just don't know what those people playing those roles could teach you, if anything at all. Sh... happens! So then we'd just have to ride on that storm I guess.

Spooky

"I'm going where the pavement turns to sand"&&Neil Young, "Thrasher"

IP Logged

Beau

Greenville SC
Reply #6 - Mar 17th, 2010 at 2:23pm

My big fear is that when it's all said and done I will be the only consciousness out there and all this has been an illusion. I guess that's better than no consciousness at all however. I was both audience and actor ...ugh. But hey, I only know beyond a doubt that my consciousness is real. I guess I have to ride the storm to see what's next.

IP Logged

Rondele
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Mar 17th, 2010 at 3:12pm

Hi Beau-

"Consider your present self as an actor in a play; hardly a new analogy, but a suitable one.  The scene is set in the 20th century.  You create the props, the settings, the themes; in fact, you write, produce, and act in the entire production-you and every other individual who takes part."

Seth Speaks, pg 52.

IP Logged

Beau

Greenville SC
Reply #8 - Mar 17th, 2010 at 3:17pm

Yeah I'm reading Seth right now, but I think I'm trying to use the metaphor of acting to explain the feeling of discovery one must have upon realignment with the higher self which is not really separate but suppressed I guess. Maybe. Something like that. And it certainly works as way of explaining the early situation too.

IP Logged

Beau

Greenville SC
Reply #9 - Apr 18th, 2010 at 6:39am

In discussing the Actor as Self I would just point out that perhaps the reason we find the film and theatrical arts so engaging is that we are watching characters who at some level know without a doubt that they are more than mere characters. They are the Actor portraying the Character. John McClain (Die Hard) knows he is Bruce Willis and that gives him a much larger decision space. He is not able to show us Bruce Willis, but he has the awareness all the same. And sometimes he does show us Bruce and it has an element of comedy to it because we know as much about what we know of Bruce as we do about the presentation of John McClain.

Bruce Moen writes that we all belong to a disk and that that disk is connected to an even higher disk and so forth. I would say that this disk Moen writes about could easily be translated as the Over Soul which Emerson talked about or certainly belonging to that over soul.

In my philosophy there are many many characters but only eight actors and one director, but the actors all belong to the director’s disk making them what you might call the ninth ensemble, or the first ensemble (you know, whatever)for they all work together to bring about the entertainment. I just think it’s easier to envision nine folks sitting around the board room table discussing what’s next than to imagine 6.5 Billion people doing such. On the highest level the Actors are the Director and the Director is all the Actors.

“All the World’s a Stage
And one man in his time plays many parts” --William Shakespeare

I think there is as much spirituality to be gleaned from The Complete Works of William Shakespeare as there is to be gained from any other source. The Actor reigns supreme and as such, so doth the Director.

So the ego is not lost, but rather the character grows to know the Actor within and thus knows him or herself to be the true free will entity experiencing life upon this Earth placed at the hearth of the Sun. Knowing this doesn’t have to prelude a savior, but it puts more responsibility on the Self to grow up. The Character is enlightened, thus is the Actor and therefore the Director evolves.

IP Logged

Beau

Greenville SC
Reply #10 - Apr 18th, 2010 at 8:37am

There once was a theatrical troupe made up of Actors who were merely called by their letter. A was the one with the idea to form the troupe and he had been there the longest. B was the son of A and had close contact with him. C saw things way off in the distance and could predict which shows would be the best received. D was a very understanding soul and could intervene when arguments arose within the troupe. E was lightning fast at learning his lines almost as if he knew his part before he had even been given the script. And F was the “what if” guy. He always was throwing a kink in the works by saying “what if we do this” or “What if we do that”. Together they worked flawlessly at communicating their intricate stories.

One day a new Actor appeared on the scene. Her name was G. Everyone was kind of put off by G because she questioned whether A was really the original member of the troupe and questioned his authority. This put the whole troupe in a panic and they didn’t really want to let her partake, sensing that even D would not be able to bridge the gap between them all and G. A, however, felt that adding G might be a good addition because she would keep everybody thinking and add dimension to the shows. Finally F spoke up at their Actor meeting and said, “I see no reason to leave G out, but I wonder what would happen if we did keep her out.”

As a whole the troupe announced to G that she would not be joining them, but could of course continue to watch from the wings if she so chose.

Then during the next day’s performance while F was delivering one of his rousing soliloquies G walked out from the wings, looked F in the eye and said “How bout this!” At which point she pulled out a gun and shot F on the spot. As F lay there upon the stage taking in his last breath he looked into G’s eyes and whispered, “G, you in, I hope you know where this is going.”

And so the troupe continued without F, and never again did anyone ask “What if” anything. They just stuck to the script.

IP Logged

Beau

Greenville SC
Reply #11 - Apr 23rd, 2010 at 5:55am

And in sticking to the script no one grew anymore, not the players and not the audience and the scenery remained the same...hell, the play was the same. Over and over til they forgot they were even in a play. It's a bad trip man. WAKE UP, you are dreaming yourself. There is a way out and still stay upon the stage if you are in control. Be the Actor and for goods sake learn some stage combat techniques if you are going to fight with each other. I knew an actor who killed himself with a loaded gun onstage because the pistol had been used for target practice the day earlier. The firing pin was supposed to taken out and checked by the stage manager, but you know how it is, the routine just seemed monotonous to her so she let it go ...I mean "What could happen, right?"

We are all Method Actors (Hypnotized into believing we are experiencing reality in the physical. We are dangerous in this state. No wonder no one comes down to help us out. We might stab them out of fear. Until we gain our connection to the Actor and see that we ARE the actor and ultimately we are ONE as the director we will feel separate and that sucks for me. But I'm making some headway, I must say. I'm already on page 44 of my book and it feels right. I never thought I could write a book and certainly not about this stuff. I have someone reading along with me who I really trust and I hope soon to have the 88 pages I plan to publish. (88 = Double infinity, to me) and since it adds up to 16 and 1+6 = 7 I hope the book is a heavenly experience for some of you. Heaven on Earth is what I'm talking about. Dancing on the Ceiling and flying far and wide. Everyone free to decide. (7 pronounced slowly sounds like "is heaven" to me) It's a powerful number. But sometimes I'm just a 6 (sex).

This kind of talk may be confusing if you haven't read my Theory of Everything which is a little premature at the time that I wrote it, but its all about letter put together forming words and thus a sentence can be formed by one word if we use our imagination.

Cancer (See Answer or See a in, see E R (emergency room) plus Emergency (Emerge and See E) See that you are energy and that is consciousness.

Sorry for the diatribe, did I use that word right?

Anyway, much love to all allways,

Beau

IP Logged

StoneColdTrue

ALK Member

Birmingham, AL
Reply #12 - Apr 23rd, 2010 at 5:45pm

I once had the fear that I could be the only actually real consciousness. I mean all you really know is yourself and your life. Whose to say you aren't actually a god, creating this reality for yourself? I think they call this solipsism. There are people that truly believe this.

I came up with the idea of it on my own before I knew it was a real thing, and I had smoked some legal herbs and after that epiphany my head totally flipped. I felt like I had figured out the truth. It took a few hours to come down. No more of that stuff for me. But I won't believe I'm anything more than anyone else. We're the same. We're connected. We are part of a great plan to bring about the Eden to this planet. It all makes so much sense to me. We are the plan. We are the gods of this planet and only we can improve it by improving ourselves. Maybe this isn't our souls home, but I have a feeling that it's going to be one day.

"Whatever was the beginning of this world, the end will be glorious and paradisiacal, beyond what our imagination can conceive"
Joseph Priestley

"The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. " -Bertrand Russel

IP Logged

Beau

Greenville SC
Reply #13 - Apr 23rd, 2010 at 6:21pm

I can conceive of it sometimes and it is glorious, but there's gonna be some stragglers who just can't get through the fear of people being free to do what ever they want relative to the golden rule. Law is sin. The rule works period for everyone. Live by it and live or fear it and live a long and winding road back to OM.

IP Logged

betson

Afterlife Knowledge Member

SE USA
Reply #14 - May 12th, 2010 at 10:32pm

Hi

Wink What if ...

Since audiences come to a theater with expectations of a good time (and without fear), what if a script were about characters at a workshop such as Bruce's?
Could the audience be brought into the workshop frame of mind and perhaps have their own afterlife experiences, much as the regular workshop participants would have ?!

Bets

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Shakespeare

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.