Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Room specific memory (Read 2091 times)
Ralph Buskey

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Brick Township, NJ
Room specific memory
Dec 17th, 2009 at 2:52am

Greetings.

I just had something happen that maybe a clue to unlocking the mystery of etheric and physical convergence. I was going from my living room to the den to get one of my chewable vitamin c's. As soon as I entered the den I forgot what I was looking for. I saw my bottle of Kava Kava and decided to try some. As soon as I tried the Kava Kava I remembered why I was in the den, which was for the vitamin c.

The Kava Kava is good for slowing down my mind when it gets racing too much. Maybe this could help alzheimer's people if that was why they forget?

Anyway, back to room specific memory. Many times I've wanted to do something and forget what it was in a different room. When I return to the room where I originally had the first thought, then it comes back to me. Could it be that the thought was part of the etheric mind but not part of the physical mind?

Ralph

Ralph Buskey Ralph Buskey  
IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Re: Room specific memory
Reply #1 - Dec 17th, 2009 at 12:52pm

This is state-specific memory:  "The memory of an event is stored within the area of consciousness in which that event occurred.   

So this is why you can forget a thought if you walk into another room.  Your thoughts shifted to something else.   By going back to the previous room, or retracing your steps, you are bringing yourself back to the area of consciousness which you were in when you had the thought.

Author of Persephone's Journey (Amazon.com)

http://www.vickyshort.blogspot.com/
WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Rebecca

USA
Reply #2 - Dec 17th, 2009 at 7:59pm

That's so annoying, happens to me all the time!  I agree with Vicky.

BTW, galantamine is another supplement that's used for alzheimers and not surprisingly, it's commonly used among lucid dreamers.  I wonder if Kava would be just as useful for lucid dreaming.

IP Logged

spooky2

Reply #3 - Dec 17th, 2009 at 10:45pm

Yes, I would categorize it under "state specific memory", and won't speculate so much about different "bodies". You know, different rooms simply are different surroundings. Each one has it's own athmosphere, and evokes specific associations. I, too, have this going into another room, then wondering "what was it you're going to do?" I think that happens alot to people who are of the "airy" kind, thoughtful and being open to all kind of present perceptions. Those, typically, are not very successful in school  Tongue but who cares  Smiley .

Spooky

"I'm going where the pavement turns to sand"&&Neil Young, "Thrasher"

IP Logged

Ralph Buskey

Brick Township, NJ
Reply #4 - Dec 18th, 2009 at 12:44am

At least I'm not the only one who has this phenomenon. I've always had a tendency to be absent minded anyway since I was a kid. I originally thought of state specific memory, but reworded it because of certain differences. I've been forcing my consciousness to multitask more lately and maintain different trains of thought with a central scrutinizer.

I've felt that this occurence was happening when my higher self is in synch with my physical self, but not with the etheric light body in between. Maybe it is and the multitasking efforts are causing a break in continuity when adding extra data to comprehend, as in room changes.

Ralph

Ralph Buskey Ralph Buskey  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.