Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Binaural Beats and nausea/headaches (Read 11830 times)
Rebecca

USA
Binaural Beats and nausea/headaches
Dec 15th, 2009 at 4:46pm

I wasn't sure if this post belongs here, so please move it to a more appropriate location if necessary.

Anyway, I have the Gateway cd series and the Going Home cds, both of which I have used several months ago.  I decided today to try a Going Home cd and when I was done I felt nauseous (I could feel it coming on while meditating), now I have a headache.  I remember this happening before, so I stopped using the cds.  Does anyone know why this happens?  Is it just too much too fast?  I keep thinking maybe I shouldn't have jumped into the Going Home cds, since I haven't used any of them for many months.

Any thoughts on how to avoid this would be helpful also.  Thanks.

IP Logged

Beau

Greenville SC
Re: Binaural Beats and nausea/headaches
Reply #1 - Dec 15th, 2009 at 5:11pm

I think it's your headphones. I use skull Candy but they can be kind of intense. You might try a lighter ear bud.

All the world's a stage...whose stage?--that is the question!...or is it the answer...Who is on first.
IP Logged

Rebecca

USA
Reply #2 - Dec 15th, 2009 at 6:57pm

I use Skull Candy too...I just don't like the feel of ear buds.

IP Logged

Seraphis1

ALK Member

Reply #3 - Dec 16th, 2009 at 4:07am

Rebecca wrote on Dec 15th, 2009 at 4:46pm:
I wasn't sure if this post belongs here, so please move it to a more appropriate location if necessary.

Anyway, I have the Gateway cd series and the Going Home cds, both of which I have used several months ago.  I decided today to try a Going Home cd and when I was done I felt nauseous (I could feel it coming on while meditating), now I have a headache.  I remember this happening before, so I stopped using the cds.  Does anyone know why this happens?  Is it just too much too fast?  I keep thinking maybe I shouldn't have jumped into the Going Home cds, since I haven't used any of them for many months.

Any thoughts on how to avoid this would be helpful also.  Thanks.

Hi Reb: I think it comes down to this... read p. 129, 130 Afterlife knowledge guidebook... I don't know if you've gotten your heart chakra to squeeze out issues... to look at or review... but until you deal with the underling causation... by asking the right questions of your inner self and seeing the layers of the onion... you'll get bogged down in these sensations, aches and pains... they are a good thing not a bad thing... you should get imaging which your heart intuition will unravel... leave no stone unturned... regard every image as relevant... it is mostly going to be NVC (non-verbal-communication) which if you don't bite down to hard and labor at it... you'll be walking along a street or sipping a cup of coffee and voile... the answer will hit you... those aches and pains or tied to "incidents"... find the incidents...

In the book club pages... I have purposely put out my sessions under Gathering energy, gathering love energy... those are exactly as they happened... because I just let the flow happen... it allows intuition to pop in between the events... hope this helps.

S.
S.

IP Logged

DocM

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Reply #4 - Dec 16th, 2009 at 12:50pm

Hi Rebecca,

I wouldn't stress over it, or pay it too much attention.  You see, we are all unique as to what frequncies work for us.  On average, most people who meditate go from the alpha to theta area.  People who report visits to focus 27 often show brainwave patterns in the theta range.

However this is a generality, and not tailored to every person.  So if you listen to binaural beats, and a pattern for afterlife communication doesn't work for you, it doesn't mean anything is wrong with you personally.  The beats are a way of focusing a person's perception, but you may have a different frequency that works. 

Put another way, not everyone exposed to theta waves feels more open to a mystic experience.  Some people, such as a well documented case of OOB travel showed Beta activity, along with alpha when she was reportedly out of body. 

The other issue is, the sound level.  Your brain "hears" the difference between the two tones, and a low level of volume.  So at TMI, they sometimes encourage people to listen to hemi-sync CDs at the lowest level where they still can hear it.  This may work better for you as well.

Matthew

IP Logged

Beau

Greenville SC
Reply #5 - Dec 16th, 2009 at 5:06pm

Thanks for the volume advice Matthew. I've been wondering about that for awhile. I think I run mine too hot.

All the world's a stage...whose stage?--that is the question!...or is it the answer...Who is on first.
IP Logged

Rebecca

USA
Reply #6 - Dec 16th, 2009 at 7:45pm

I definitely think it was a volume issue.  I remember the Gateway cds stating that the volume should be just loud enough to hear the directions, but that's it.  I had the volume up pretty high yesterday and it made me sick, literally.  Today I turned it way down and had no problems!  Hopefully that was all it was...

Cheers.

IP Logged

Ralph Buskey

Brick Township, NJ
Reply #7 - Dec 17th, 2009 at 12:21am

Greetings Rebecca.

I don't have the Gateway CD's, but I have other meditation sounds with binaural encoding. Some is embedded with music and some with melodic sounds, or just the tones themselves. I rarely ever get a headache so I can listen to any level of volume that I wish (short of generating tenitis).

I don't like my volume too high when meditating, as it adds it's own distraction. I found it helpful to be in a totally silent room for several minutes before setting my volume, so my ears can be more sensitive to lower levels of sound.

Ralph

Ralph Buskey Ralph Buskey  
IP Logged

spooky2

Reply #8 - Dec 17th, 2009 at 11:00pm

Yes, definitely the volume level is important. When too loud, some HemiSync pieces can annoy, while on lower volume levels they are just smooth and peaceful.

As well, when I try to force me into relaxation, by whatever means, but on the other hand don't really want it, not being ready for it, I tend to react with bodily symptoms as headache, stomach ache and such.

Spooky

"I'm going where the pavement turns to sand"&&Neil Young, "Thrasher"

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.