Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Directed dreaming, ?Retrieval (Read 5787 times)
DocM

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Directed dreaming, ?Retrieval
Dec 9th, 2009 at 12:58am

Last night, prior to going to sleep, I stated intent.  I prayed to God, asked my higher self and loved ones to guide me, to let me be alert and remember any dream experience I had.  I also stated a sincere attempt to help someone in need.  I drifted out.

I found myself in a hallway, it was in a hospital, there were people crowded around a sick person's bed.  I was being asked to solve and crack a "difficult" case.  There was a young looking man there lying in a hospital bed.  His face and upper torso appeared normal.  On his lower extremities, there was extensive damage, so much so that skeletal remains were showing through damaged skin.  Interestingly, I remember thinking how composed his face was without signs of disease.

This was a dream in which I was semi-conscious, but asleep.  I assessed the situation, and found myself looking directly at the man and saying to the man, that the problem was not a difficult-to-diagnose disease, but in his belief.  The astral wounds were due to his persisting belief in them.  He had died, either through trauma or a ravaging disease.  This was some kind of recovery area in the astral realm.  I remember two thoughts at the time, watching events unfold.  One was, how unlike me it was to focus on belief systems when a patient was so obviously ravaged like this - I of course would not do this in the physical world.  But as you know, in dreams, sometimes we find them unfolding without having complete power to speak as we would here in the physical world.  I ascribe this to the difference between intuition and training.  In my astral dream state, I said what my truest thought was at the time; if we were in a physical hospital, I would have been purely rational at first, going through a list of possible diagnoses with the patietnt and a plan of treatment. 

I emphasized to the "patient" that his present state had to do with the belief of persisting disease and wounds and that he must see them as not being there.   That he must change his belief to obtain a true healing; to see the wounds as healed, and to drop the need for them to be there.  There was a general sense of approval and relief from those around the bed for what transpired.

Was this a retrieval?  Was it someone I was taken to by guides or myself?  Was I healing a fragment of myself - I don't think so.  The reason I think this was  a retrieval, was that I stated intent prior to falling asleep.  I wanted to travel to where I was needed and to help someone.

This brings up another important point, that retrievals and these experiences may happen during sleep or wakefulness. 

Matthew

IP Logged

I Am Dude

Re: Directed dreaming, ?Retrieval
Reply #1 - Dec 9th, 2009 at 2:00am

Matthew

I believe this was a genuine retrieval-type experience.  I've had several dreams of this nature myself, and I am also convinced that we do retrievals during the dream state if our inner being is focused on helping those in need.  It may even be easier and more natural for these experiences to occur while we are unconscious or only semi-conscious, for our roles in these retrievals(our thoughts and actions) flow out of our subconscious with ease, with minimal interference from our conscious thinking minds.

But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be added unto you.

IP Logged

Beau

Greenville SC
Reply #2 - Dec 9th, 2009 at 8:23am

That is a great retrieval story. I agree that we participate in our dreams too. I just wish I could wrap my head around how the higher self gets lost in the first place. That's where the whole retrieval process starts to break down for me. Surely there is someone to help them at first moment of passing over. I'm working on it. And I  do believe they happen.

All the world's a stage...whose stage?--that is the question!...or is it the answer...Who is on first.
IP Logged

betson

SE USA
Reply #3 - Dec 9th, 2009 at 9:35am

Greetings

Wonderful retrieval, Doc M !  You have the 'credentials'  to get into the Healing FLs  Smiley  I haven't heard of many others there. Surely there are patients there who get stuck by their own prognoses  Cheesy and need help moving on.  (I feel an insurance joke coming so I'll move on quickly.)

Beau, I think in the afterlife Higher Selves and other layers of our being are called away to make their own reports and do their own thing. On Earth we are a comples compounded being;, in the afterlife not so much.

Bets

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Shakespeare

IP Logged

Beau

Greenville SC
Reply #4 - Dec 9th, 2009 at 10:05am

I can see that if the character we play on earth is somehow given it's own life outside of the Actor/Higher Self.

All the world's a stage...whose stage?--that is the question!...or is it the answer...Who is on first.
IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #5 - Dec 9th, 2009 at 11:44am

Hey Matthew, I think your diagnosis of the situation was correct, that this was a retrieval and that we are able to do this during the dreaming state.  He had a devastating bodily trauma so imagine how deep the healing process goes to get to the beliefs to help him recover.  Must be a lot of shock.  Did you notice anything about anyone in the crowd?  They were there witnessing and helping as well I imagine.   

You said, "There was a general sense of approval and relief from those around the bed for what transpired."  So it sounds like you were raising their awareness as well.  So did you all witness some of his physical healing take place?  Just curious. 

Neat experience.

Vicky

Author of Persephone's Journey (Amazon.com)

http://www.vickyshort.blogspot.com/
WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

betson

SE USA
Reply #6 - Dec 9th, 2009 at 1:01pm

Woops,

Was just reading on another thread about Higher Self.
It seems to me the term Higher Self is used two ways:

A Higher Consciousness that is with us while we're on earth that can communicate back to the afterlife and with other Higher Consciousnesses better than perhaps our constricted consciousness will allow us (or me  anyway);   and
the Disk center/ Higher Self that is over and the sum of many probes/ people who are incarnated and some who are not.  It gets the info from all their experiences faster than if it were singularly on its own.

Which is it 'really'?

Bets

Shakespeare

IP Logged

Romain

North/West Coast
Reply #7 - Dec 9th, 2009 at 1:05pm

I would considered this a retrieval Matt as Vicky and others said...well done and congrat.
Blessing
R.

IP Logged

DocM

Reply #8 - Dec 9th, 2009 at 2:21pm

I actually was kind of angry when I woke up, because it seemed in the dream, I was telling the patient rather sternly and in a not-very-compassionate way that the problem was not his ravaged body, but his belief that it was that way. 

I always envisioned that I would be more like I am in the physical and have a lighter touch.  But somehow, maybe this is what he needed to hear.  I don't know.  I didn't stay to see what happened, and I didn't recognize individuals around the bed, that I can remember, though there were at least 6-10 people.

Matthew

IP Logged

b2
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Dec 9th, 2009 at 2:48pm

Well, if there was 'relief' all around, by the others present, afterwards, maybe your 'sternness' was needed, and your presence more believable, for whatever reason, to the 'retrievee' in this situation.

Fantastic, that you asked for this experience, and received it so easily. Seems easy, but you have been practicing in many ways all along, so you had an obvious foundation for the experience, and it went well.

IP Logged

Nanner

Theres only AGAPE

Hamburg, Germany
Reply #10 - Dec 11th, 2009 at 11:53am

Thank you Matthew, this whole thread was so very helpful for me. I recall asking back a year or so, what exactly a "retrieval" is, but I never really did grasp it. I suppose I have now.  Smiley Nanner

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #11 - Dec 11th, 2009 at 3:59pm

Matthew:

It could be that you help out at some level of being you aren't conscious of, and your dream gave you a hint as to how you do so.

While in this World it can be difficult to be conscious of everything we do non-physically, and some dreams provide a clue.

I have had a number of dreams that provided me with clues, and I've become certain that spirit messages are received through dreams. Interpreting their meaning is the tricky part.

I figure our spirit friends don't make a big distinction between dreams and OBEs. Information is information, one way or the other.

IP Logged

betson

SE USA
Reply #12 - Dec 12th, 2009 at 10:47am

Hi Matthew,

I agree with Recoverer and just want to add my congratulations !

Now you're seeing the afterlife from 'both sides of the veil' and I just know you'll do so well with your increasing discoveries and well-thought out vantage point!
I'm very happy for you  Smiley

Bets

Shakespeare

IP Logged

Seraphis1

ALK Member

Reply #13 - Dec 16th, 2009 at 12:53pm

12/16/09 – Morning Session:

I am now used to the warmup and the chakral engagement sequence… sensations are behaving as BM says they would… the familiar house sounds… but, it looks like there is a warmup period which I have to figure out what is the right amount of time to allow for a session… because right at the end of the session as I was ready to return to C1… I became aware of a War War II pilot with a yellow life jacket, he was standing (on the water???) but doing things with his equipment, using the retrieval technique I was unofficially taught by a TMI trainer… I engaged the individual (clumsily) but I seem to get hold of his hand and pointed my crown chakra upward to focus 27 and ascended and waited for him to disappear from my grasp… which happened… this means he faded to a belief system he was able to relate to… I saw no helper… I was alone and function only with what I have at hand.

S.

IP Logged

Seraphis1

ALK Member

Reply #14 - Dec 16th, 2009 at 2:53pm

Hi All: I find it disconcerting that the universe doesn't stay on my schedule... I don't officially learn retrieving until I do lifeline in June... but, this is the third retrieval I kind of think I did or at least made an attempt to do.. go figure.

S.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.