Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Dream state / OBE or what? (Read 11172 times)
Beau

Greenville SC
Re: Dream state / OBE or what?
Reply #15 - Dec 8th, 2009 at 6:02am

Tom Campbell has an interesting theory that while there is still time in NPMR the time passes much slower to allow for adjustments to be made to our physical matter reality and that is one reason why dreams pass so much quicker in reference to our physical time period. It has to do with delta t vs DELTA T where time appears to slow down so very much. He's worth reading for the mechanics of non physical reality. Very interesting.

All the world's a stage...whose stage?--that is the question!...or is it the answer...Who is on first.
IP Logged

betson

Afterlife Knowledge Member

SE USA
Reply #16 - Dec 8th, 2009 at 10:06am

What 'what'? Cheesy
An empath? Non-linear time?

Bets

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Shakespeare

IP Logged

Nanner

Theres only AGAPE

Hamburg, Germany
Reply #17 - Dec 8th, 2009 at 11:50am

Ralph Buskey wrote on Dec 8th, 2009 at 3:30am:
Quote:
I am only convinced that there is no such thing as TIME, because it doesnt resonate with me, how REAL my dreams can be. The only logic for my sanity would be that there is NO timeline, otherwise I couldnt be there (dreamstate) (OBE) and here at the same "time"..lol..

Greetings Nanner.

If you mean to say that TIME doesn't exist in dreams, then I agree. I have had dreams that lasted for days while in them, but lasted only minutes in the physical world. I do believe that linear TIME does exist for us while in the physical, for the accuracy of atomic clocks has been proven many times over by scientists.
I believe that this world is just one reality, while dreams and the afterlife are seperate realities.

When you say that you feel injuries from others, especially family, then I think you have strong empathic abilities. I sometimes feel like an empath as well. It's a good quality to have, which with enough development can enable you to have healing powers as well.

Ralph

Hi Ralph and good evening to All,
Put the car in reverse gear Ralph and square me away a bit more to this subject. Ergo in re: empathic abilities How can my waking up with brusies, a stif neck and leg pains after a dream be positive for me?  Huh I mean, hey if I wake up with a lollipop in my hands or better yet a bag full of gold coins from 1500 BC then okay, I would consider that an advantage but me feeling the pain of others and then to top it off get their actual laisons kinda makes me want to completely STAY AWAY from people..ok ..lol.... Roll Eyes

and.... Linear Time.... isnt that "man made". Ancient cultures like Incan, Mayan, Hopi, and other Native American Tribes, plus the Babylonian, Ancient Greek, Hindu, Buddhist, Jainist, and others have a concept of a wheel of time, it regards time as cyclical and quantic consisting of repeating ages that happen to every being of the Universe between birth and extinction.

However what I mean is: whilst I am in La la Dreamland beatin the crap out of my legs (he he he), my soul is traveling, right? I, as a physical body however am right here in my cozy snug as a bug in rug bed at the SAME MOMENT, so that tells me there can not be no such real thing as time. Follow me? Huh

Hugs,
Nanner

IP Logged

Beau

Greenville SC
Reply #18 - Dec 8th, 2009 at 1:13pm

It sounds like you are by passing sleep paralysis for some reason.

All the world's a stage...whose stage?--that is the question!...or is it the answer...Who is on first.
IP Logged

Nanner

Theres only AGAPE

Hamburg, Germany
Reply #19 - Dec 8th, 2009 at 2:08pm

Beau wrote on Dec 8th, 2009 at 1:13pm:
It sounds like you are by passing sleep paralysis for some reason.

Okay Beau, thank you for that thought. Now your talking my branch of business. I know that Sleep paralysis occurs when the brain awakes from a REM state, but the body paralysis persists. This leaves the person fully conscious, but unable to move.

and ... I dont believe thats whats happening to me during "these episodes" of dreamwandering. Romain needs to maybe tell me what he thinks on this too.

I think you are onto something though.  HuhRemember one of my previous threads...the one inwhich I explain how.... I woke up to a light coming out of my bathroom and walked to the edge of my bedpost to "safely" see into that direction, wherby my dad standing in the bathroom, in midst of this ever so, non discribeable light.... then tells me "to shut up and watch"...

Well... that seemed like Sleep paralysis, to me... because I destinctively remember turning to my right and "seeing my body" still laying in my bed. And exactly that startled me in the "what I call dream"..

Thx guys for all your input and help.
Nanner

IP Logged

Ralph Buskey

Brick Township, NJ
Reply #20 - Dec 9th, 2009 at 1:14am

Quote:
Put the car in reverse gear Ralph and square me away a bit more to this subject. Ergo in re: empathic abilities How can my waking up with brusies, a stif neck and leg pains after a dream be positive for me?   I mean, hey if I wake up with a lollipop in my hands or better yet a bag full of gold coins from 1500 BC then okay, I would consider that an advantage but me feeling the pain of others and then to top it off get their actual laisons kinda makes me want to completely STAY AWAY from people..ok ..lol....

Greetings Nanner.

The symptoms you've been having are a common trait with empaths, as in taking on other's illnesses like mentioned here:
http://healing.about.com/od/empathic/a/empathdiscuss.htm

I never said that would be a good thing for you; just that it could be a reason for it. As far as time goes; time is a continuous successions of nows. How one may decide to measure the succession of nows is debatable, but it doesn't take away from the fact that it does happen. Without time there would be no change, no history, and no future.

Ralph

Ralph Buskey Ralph Buskey  
IP Logged

Beau

Greenville SC
Reply #21 - Dec 9th, 2009 at 8:29am

But time is a construct, Ralph, I'm pretty sure we agree there. It appears we have history but as you said it's a series of NOWS. There is only this moment really and all the rest, well, It seems to me that everything is happening at the same time, even the holocaust and the crusades and 911...They happen when we render it in our minds. Albeit on a different plane or we would really be messed up.

IP Logged

Ralph Buskey

Brick Township, NJ
Reply #22 - Dec 9th, 2009 at 8:57pm

Quote:
There is only this moment really and all the rest, well, It seems to me that everything is happening at the same time, even the holocaust and the crusades and 911...They happen when we render it in our minds. Albeit on a different plane or we would really be messed up.

Greetings Beau.

Take a look at what you said and reconsider your stance. If everything is happening at this moment, then how is it that you answered my post over 6 hours after I made it? How could music occur if there was no time? How could light travel over a distance at 299,792,458 meters per second without time?

I have personally experienced my own existence outside of physical plane space/time; yet always return back to where I left off in it's continual precise measurement of seconds and days. I may be very science minded, but I'm very open minded to non physical reality as well. Just because some people devised a concept of everything neatly wrapped up in one moment, doesn't make it so.

I prefer using logic to understand life. God, the afterlife, other dimensions, etc. can all be described using logic. Stating that time doesn't exist seems to me to be the most illogical idea that anyone could believe in. I could be wrong, but I'll place all my chips on the existence of time bet.

Has it occured to anyone that more than one timeline may exist? There could be linear time, cyclic time where the mobius loop could come into play, and like it is beyond the physical existence, eternal, yet unmeasurable time that can be perceived differently by different observers.

Ralph

IP Logged

Beau

Greenville SC
Reply #23 - Dec 9th, 2009 at 10:05pm

Sorry Ralph I wasn't clear. Time as we consider it is a construct of the physical dimension we live in. It is an illusion that time passes. There is a great scientific paper on how photons communicate from huge distances with no time passing at all between them....faster than the speed of light by a long shot. It's not a theory that everyone jumps on so I can understand if you want to believe in time, but remember that your obes and dreams only last a few seconds in our time and yet they may seem almost endless during the cycle. That's what I mean about time being illusion and that all history is being lived at once in slightly different dimensions allows us to imagine it, but that's better explained by someone besides me. I think about it, but I don't pay much attention to who wrote what.

IP Logged

Ralph Buskey

Brick Township, NJ
Reply #24 - Dec 10th, 2009 at 1:25am

I understand what you're trying to say about time being an illusion, but I don't agree with the semantics of using the term illusion. I know many religious and esoteric studies say that the physical world is maya which is another word for illusion.

I may be going on thin ice to stand apart on my belief, but I don't consider the maya concept as correct. The physical world is not an illusion to me, but an aspect of reality that is a seperate reality from other realities as well. I consider everything as reality.

It's when scientists stand on the belief that the physical universe is all that is, makes the adepts at esoteric studies counter with remarking that the physical world is just an illusion. By comparing this world to other planes of existence and other dimensions, they are throwing the baby out with the bath water.

I want to be able to explain why I believe the way I do so you or others can grasp the reason why I believe this. I'll try working on a thesis about my belief that everything is real and maya is a false concept.

Ralph

IP Logged

Beau

Greenville SC
Reply #25 - Dec 10th, 2009 at 7:53am

I don't know about maya per se but I've been reading Tom Campbelll and he makes a good argument for time and that our physical matter reality is a virtual reality. IT seems a little crazy to just blurt it out but I think it is a book we all should take a shot at sometime. You can read most of it on google books. He makes a lot of sense though  his comprehension of time and mine differ slightly.

Here this may help explain what I mean: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/robert-lanza/does-death-exist-new-theo_b_384515.ht...
« Last Edit: Dec 10th, 2009 at 9:26am by Beau »  

IP Logged

Ralph Buskey

Brick Township, NJ
Reply #26 - Dec 10th, 2009 at 1:24pm

Greetings Beau.

I read the link you gave and I don't agree with their concepts. However, I did search for Tom Campbell and his "My Big Toe" and found the review you were talking about:
http://sites.google.com/site/iscatus/review-of-my-big-t
   I like his concepts and agree with them very much. He's even science minded like me.    Smiley
No where in his book review article does it have him say that Time is an illusion. Rather, he confirms what I've been trying to say all along:
Quote:
NPMR time

But in our NPMR, the smallest fundamental Time unit might be 10-62 seconds. In other words, NPMR Reality cells oscillate much faster. So for every 1018 ticks of NPMR time, 1 unit of our time passes. Information travels much faster in NPMR. This gives plenty of time for TBC to do everything required to predict and back up PMR events in its databases (the Akashic records). Another even easier way of modelling this is to compare it to computer code: nested loops. PMR time is nested inside NPMR time. A unit of PMR time occurs; once it is recorded and all significant probable futures computed, then the next increment of PMR time (delta-t) is “called” by the procedure.

AUM’s Time

Beyond NPMR, AUM’s fundamental quantum of time might be (say) 10-80 seconds.  So AUM has plenty of time to review all the various thought-experiments taking place in all its myriad VRs. To AUM we are stepped-down, and slowed down; very sluggish indeed.

In my opinion, this explanation of Time and Frequency is Tom Campbell’s most original contribution. It updates Spiritualist and Theosophical notions of concentric spheres separated by “vibrational” differences. Far from Time being meaningless in the hereafter, MBT suggests that is actually very meaningful. Time is what separates realities and allows AUO to multi-task by way of TBC.

Whether or not there are 5 or 10 or 11 physical dimensions in our PMR is not helpful to an understanding of the nature of reality, because reality is not fundamentally geometric. Our PMR rules do not subsume the whole of reality; they only apply to us. We in our particular PMR are compared to inhabitants of E.A. Abbott’s Flatland. But ‘Big Truth’ Reality comprises conceptual VRs in a vast number of time-separated dimensions, each with their own personally evolved rule-set.

I would love to buy the book, but my wife just lost her HHA nursing assignment again and I'm still unemployed, so poverty time again.

Ralph

IP Logged

Beau

Greenville SC
Reply #27 - Dec 10th, 2009 at 2:14pm

Yes, Tom does not say Time is an illusion. He says it is a construct..which to me means that at some point it did not exist and it is merely a means of traveling space which doesn't exist either. It's all information being processed by our IUOCs which is Campbell speak for Individuated Units of Consciousness. He is pretty cool. I learned a lot from him. Perhaps my use of the word Illusion is wrong and that we are more eye to eye to than it seems on this.

You can read most of the book on Google Books for free.

IP Logged

Ralph Buskey

Brick Township, NJ
Reply #28 - Dec 10th, 2009 at 10:55pm

Greetings Beau.

I found the book "My Big Toe" on Google Books like you said would be there:
http://books.google.com/books?id=6To0902iZeYC&printsec=frontcover&dq=my+big+toe+...

I'll read it when I can get the time. You're right, we are actually closer than we thought to agreeing on Time. Once again, semantics gets in the way. Unfortunately, it's the only way to share information in this world. If I could only get to F27 and meet you there, we could exchange ROTE on the subject.

Ralph

IP Logged

Beau

Greenville SC
Reply #29 - Dec 10th, 2009 at 11:30pm

That would be very cool Ralph.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.