Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
My experience with life after death (Read 8338 times)
Starshine

ALK Member

My experience with life after death
Dec 1st, 2009 at 1:10pm

Hello all. I don't believe we "die". I believe we only change form. I died, but discovered I was not "dead" as we think of it.

I thought I would post about my experience here for you but it's very long so I am leaving a quote and a link instead.

Below is a small part of what I wrote.

"That I had thoughts confused me. I tried to define what was happening to me. "I", an aware self, was still "me" and, apparently alive. I could not see myself. I could not raise my hand to look at it, but I was something - I still felt like "myself".

I was still thinking and feeling - but not in a body, not with a physical brain. I was moving without legs. At least, I couldn't see any part of myself. I assumed I had no legs, no hands, no arms, no feet or anything you would normally look at to see if it was there. I felt surprise and wonder. I knew the meaning of those concepts, too. How can I know anything? I'm dead!

I floated "higher" or further. I lack a better word for the sensation or the direction. Still, I knew movement was happening to me. There are no words that describe it well. I moved toward some other place from where ever I was now.

I was no longer in my body. I knew I was not on this planet. I knew that "I" was not dead, not the way we mean the word. Dead means dead; No power, no lights on, party's over, no thinking. no feeling. I was dead but I was not un-alive, not unaware. I knew I lived. I didn't know why or how. I couldn't figure it out.

I felt alive but I knew I was dead in our way of believing in death. I probably can't explain it better than that. To find out that, when all I wanted was to die, that I was not dead left the me confused and wondering."

You can find the complete experience on my website http://www.1way2see.com/

Willing to answer questions...

Starshine

IP Logged

spooky2

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Re: My experience with life after death
Reply #1 - Dec 21st, 2009 at 9:52pm

Thank you very much, I liked to read your book. It's interesting, exciting, and moving. I found my questions already covered at your board.

Thank you.
Spooky

"I'm going where the pavement turns to sand"&&Neil Young, "Thrasher"

IP Logged

b2
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Dec 22nd, 2009 at 8:19am

Starshine, I only just now read your experience in the link you provided, and visited the forum question and answer section. Wow. I cannot tell you how helpful your words are. But you already know, and you know so much.

I love the way you express the perfection of our being, no matter who we are and what 'mistakes' we have made along the way. I love the way you express how we can be of service to others by simply understanding what they have been through, in our own small way, because we have, in part, been there too, and that we can be moved to service by the very 'tragedies' which form parts of our lives.

About a month ago, maybe less, I was going through yet 'another' of my extremely low points in my life, just the same revolving cycle of the same 'old crap' that I just can't seem to shake off of me -- basically, being terribly mistreated by someone I love. At that low point, I had dragged myself off to a counseling appointment, and this was one of the hardest days of my life. Going to 'counseling' was not even a 'safe' thing to do, because of my circumstances, but I did it anyway. I am continuing to do it, and it is helping me, along with better understanding of my circumstances and how I got here, and how I can move through it all with love as a guide.

However, at the end of that particular day, I sat in a hot bathtub, exhausted, terribly ashamed to be in this predicament again, leaning my cheek against the cold tile. The cold tile was hard, yet somehow comforting to me. It felt like leaning into the whole world. And giving up. I heard a voice in my ear. It seemed to be coming from my ear, but maybe it just came from 'somewhere'. I distinctly heard 'I'm proud of you'. I was feeling dazed, depressed, at my wits end, but I heard the voice. I couldn't believe it, a part of me, just couldn't quite believe it. 'You are?' I asked in bewilderment? 'Yes." I heard the voice again.

It was a very very quiet voice. But it was there. That's all I heard, that particular day, but I know the voice has always been there, one way or another. One way or another.

So, why am I telling you this? Because your story is very inspiring. And your story helps me to understand exactly who it was who was speaking to me. And why.

Thank you so much. Some tears are good tears, and you have explained this perfectly for so many people, and I thank you.

(modified slightly, this is correct, as it is now, yes)

IP Logged

Starshine

ALK Member

Reply #3 - Dec 31st, 2009 at 3:13pm

Spooky, thank you for your kind words.

B2 - I know that tub and that cold comfort - and I know that sweet voice. I am so glad you now hear it.

I can't understand why each of us has to live just our life and have it be, for some of us, so terrible and for some so easy...I only know that we need what is in each event to shape us to be what is needed for the final perfection.

I hold on to that thought in my darkest times and speak my heart freely to that Divine Loving Being that I know lives and loves with each of us.

Whatever is keeping you so down will be a blessing to another one day if you just keep walking through it.

There was a kind of pride in the declaration, "As I made you, I did perfectly." It was mixed with such love and joy that is was hidden within them, but it is there.

We are His/Hers to treasure forever. You are a treasure and so are each of us....Hang on and live!

IP Logged

Lucy

C1
Reply #4 - Jan 27th, 2014 at 1:49pm

even though this is several years old, well, it is still interesting.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.