Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Send Topic Print
Re:The Hole in my Heart! (Read 21543 times)
recoverer

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Re: Re:The Hole in my Heart!
Reply #15 - Dec 1st, 2009 at 6:27pm

I believe it's fine for people to share what they know with other people, as long as they do so in an honest manner.

My feeling is that a truly wise person wouldn't present his (or herself) as enlightened person (if there is such a thing), because he would understand that if he did so too many people would turn him into some sort of authority figure.

This World doesn't need a bunch of followers. It needs people who have enough freedom of mind to find out what's true in their own way, without getting overly involved with somebody else's approach.

Also, anybody who has been around the block with this "enlightened person" business understands that the term has been missused to a mind boggling extent, and it is best to stay away from such a way of defining (substantiating) one's self.

Quote:
I, personally, believe you when you say that you don't write what you write to spread fear and judge people.

I think that on this board we spend a lot of time talking about the pros and cons of different guides and teachers. And, you make some valid points along the way. But, I question the idea that only HS (spirit guides) are capable of assisting others on their spiritual journeys.

Certain activities are crimes and should be investigated and taken care of in appropriate ways. However, I still feel that this does not necessarily invalidate all of the teachings.

IP Logged

b2
Ex Member

Reply #16 - Dec 1st, 2009 at 6:35pm

I can understand your problem with the term 'enlightened' to describe a 'master', and how striving for 'it' may not be the best approach all the time. But, following is essential in life, at certain times. It is important to find people that you trust, who can guide you at crucial points.

And, I believe that is what you are saying -- find that right guide, the one whom you can really trust -- don't necessarily hold on so tightly to your teacher that you cannot recognize your own worth, or the mistakes which your teacher, who is always learning, may make.

Also, different guides, teachers, counselors, etc. may serve your needs best at different times. Only you can make that decision for yourself.

IP Logged

heisenberg69

England
Reply #17 - Dec 1st, 2009 at 7:24pm

B2-

Quite. If we only ever listened to impeccable sources who have led perfect lives we would'nt have many sources ! Practically any scientific paper would be invalidated as scientists are real people who have affairs, manipulate their tax returns, in short make mistakes. I'm uncomfortable with the idea that everything a person says is immediately invalidated if it is shown they have made mistakes in their life.

The key is to be discriminating. I think Mathew hits the nail on the head when he says use more than one source- as many as possible.

Dave

IP Logged

I Am Dude

Reply #18 - Dec 1st, 2009 at 7:37pm

Seraphish

I agree with recoverer that it's best not to base your expectations of what you will experience on the experiences of others.  This will limit your perceptions, and could possibly skew and/or block out what you do or would experience. 

As for this thread turning into another bash on false sources, I say let's move on to the heart of this post-the experience which Seraphis has described. 

You got a hole in your heart, I got a Whole in mine.   Grin

But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be added unto you.

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #19 - Dec 1st, 2009 at 8:11pm

Dude:

You touched on the main thing that troubled me. We need to find out for ourselves what's possible. So much more became available to me when I stopped listening to the parameters set by the gurus I used to listen to.

I Am Dude wrote on Dec 1st, 2009 at 7:37pm:
Seraphish

I agree with recoverer that it's best not to base your expectations of what you will experience on the experiences of others.  This will limit your perceptions, and could possibly skew and/or block out what you do or would experience. 

As for this thread turning into another bash on false sources, I say let's move on to the heart of this post-the experience which Seraphis has described. 

You got a hole in your heart, I got a Whole in mine.   Grin

IP Logged

Seraphis1

ALK Member

Reply #20 - Dec 1st, 2009 at 8:44pm

Quote:
I'm also interested in this 'hole in your heart' that you are talking about. A family member had a TIA (transient ischemic attack) years ago, and found out he had an actual hole in his heart, which was repaired through much less invasive means than what you describe in your post. So, yes, that takes hold of my imagination and leaves me wondering what exactly this is.

Hi b2: It was a describption of a phenomena... while doing a Wave exercise my heart chakra opened at its center creating a torus it was flowing energy into what I think is a "Vortex" that if you read Eckhart Tolle's description of his awakening into the "now" if I had been able to sustain the condition I would have entered the "Vortex" in which I "think" is the "NOW"... or the "Eternal Moment" that just always is...

When I write these things I assume most people on this board have had "phenomena"... happen to them or have read and can relate... but, it is a forum so all you have to do is ask... and I will give you an answer to the best of my ability to communicate.. Cheesy

Seraphis1

IP Logged

Seraphis1

ALK Member

Reply #21 - Dec 1st, 2009 at 8:45pm

I Am Dude wrote on Dec 1st, 2009 at 12:57pm:
I most certainly do not want anyone to leap over the basics.  I have never stated or implied this. 

I'm curious as to what exactly the "hole in your heart" means, and the "Vortex."  Never came across these terms...

Do you mean you experienced the activation of your heart chakra?  Is this what "hole in your heart" means?

Quote:
I'm also interested in this 'hole in your heart' that you are talking about. A family member had a TIA (transient ischemic attack) years ago, and found out he had an actual hole in his heart, which was repaired through much less invasive means than what you describe in your post. So, yes, that takes hold of my imagination and leaves me wondering what exactly this is.

Hi OBD (already answered b2) but just in case): It was a describption of a phenomena... while doing a Wave exercise my heart chakra opened at its center creating a torus it was flowing energy into what I think is a "Vortex" that if you read Eckhart Tolle's description of his awakening into the "now" if I had been able to sustain the condition I would have entered the "Vortex" in which I "think" is the "NOW"... or the "Eternal Moment" that just always is...

When I write these things I assume most people on this board have had "phenomena"... happen to them or have read and can relate... but, it is a forum so all you have to do is ask... and I will give you an answer to the best of my ability to communicate..

Seraphis1

IP Logged

Seraphis1

ALK Member

Reply #22 - Dec 2nd, 2009 at 4:06am

Hi All: This is interesting… I’m working my way through Bruce Moen’s “Afterlife Knowledge Guidebook” for those of you who have not done the book yet… Bruce has set this up on a read as you practice motif… i.e… until you do an exercise you don’t read ahead… I have been doing the exercises over and over until I get some mastery of each exercise… you can’t just do them once… I am having particular difficulty with “the silly little finger bending” exercise… finding the precursor function to “intent” is particularly subtle and elusive… so it is slow going… but, I have progressed to guess what… Chapter 7 is of all things “Heart Intelligence”!!!! ???  Cheesy Can you beat that!! Shocked

Seraphis1

IP Logged

Beau

Greenville SC
Reply #23 - Dec 2nd, 2009 at 6:36am

Seraphis,

the books are magnificent but I found them much easier to use with the CDs.

All the world's a stage...whose stage?--that is the question!...or is it the answer...Who is on first.
IP Logged

b2
Ex Member

Reply #24 - Dec 2nd, 2009 at 9:04am

That's funny, Saranpiece (sorry, OBD is affecting me -- cut that out!), I had difficulty with the finger bending thing too. Never could get into that one, particularly. I'm not very good at playing by the book. But I admire those who can! I think it shows persistence and careful attention to detail.

I love using cds, so I do that, and I use my own methods most of the time, out of a rather large assortment that has taken a while to collect. I do tend to hang out with one 'teacher' for a while, though, to get the main ideas. One advantage to going 'by the book' is that you don't have to trust techniques you haven't seen before doing. It may alleviate some people's fears and help convey the maker's intent better to get into the details through different kinds of instruction.

Blah blah each to his own. Smiley

IP Logged

Beau

Greenville SC
Reply #25 - Dec 2nd, 2009 at 9:32am

Ultimately we are all one and our paths will lead home. The first shall be last and the last shall be first...It's a circle and we will get there.

This is really for Albert, whom I love very much and hope he takes no offense.

All the world's a stage...whose stage?--that is the question!...or is it the answer...Who is on first.
IP Logged

Seraphis1

ALK Member

Reply #26 - Dec 2nd, 2009 at 11:48am

recoverer wrote on Dec 1st, 2009 at 3:24pm:
If a person claims to be enlightened or makes up stories to validate his or her self, they basically make it so some people will believe they are a highly valid source of information, even when they aren't.

When a person is intentionally dishonest, it does say something about his or her character.

It is sad that new age people state that they don't want to be misled by a church, then they allow themselves to be misled by the false gurus and channelers of the World.

Beau wrote on Dec 1st, 2009 at 2:38pm:
Our sins are not the totality of our being.

Hi recoverer: Have you real all four of Bruce Moen's books??

S.

IP Logged

Seraphis1

ALK Member

Reply #27 - Dec 2nd, 2009 at 12:22pm

Seraphis1 wrote on Dec 2nd, 2009 at 11:48am:
recoverer wrote on Dec 1st, 2009 at 3:24pm:
If a person claims to be enlightened or makes up stories to validate his or her self, they basically make it so some people will believe they are a highly valid source of information, even when they aren't.

When a person is intentionally dishonest, it does say something about his or her character.

It is sad that new age people state that they don't want to be misled by a church, then they allow themselves to be misled by the false gurus and channelers of the World.

Beau wrote on Dec 1st, 2009 at 2:38pm:
Our sins are not the totality of our being.

Hi recoverer: By whose authority do you equate enlightenment with your particular brand of moral codes. You seem to be spouting a White Anglo Saxon Protestant ethic that didn't even come into being until the mid 16th century and spawned a particular repressed minority which went around the world through the power of the sword putting clothes on native peoples who were very much mentally healthy and free emotionally.

Just curious.

S.

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #28 - Dec 2nd, 2009 at 1:33pm

Seraphis:

I have all 5 of Bruce's books and read much of them.  Bruce isn't a guru, doesn't claim to be enlightened and infallible, so his books don't relate to what I wrote.

IP Logged

Beau

Greenville SC
Reply #29 - Dec 2nd, 2009 at 5:30pm

The bible is not infallible either as I think you would agree Albert. We have to go with what we are given. Jesus said some great things but much of what he said isn't in there and it's really too bad. But that's what makes the "scavenger hunt" so fascinating for all of us. To each his own way and we will all arrive at the perfect time.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.