Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Allowing Psychic Abilities (Read 7166 times)
DocM

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Re: Allowing Psychic Abilities
Reply #15 - Nov 30th, 2009 at 5:45pm

Not to prolong the point, but just to give my two cents worth, here, I see the subconscious mind as a template capable of changing reality at the command of the conscious mind.  But not just the conscious mind; only the deep-rooted beliefs in our conscious mind sink down into the subconscious and imprint on this template.   The net result is a change in probabilities and outcomes in the physical world. 

Is the "higher self" synonymous with the subconscious mind?  - I'm not sure, but I don't think so.  In my experience the subconscious acts as a connection between us, and God.  A passive one, with near limitless potential that does not act on its own, but is acted upon by conscious belief. 

I have not decided for myself what higher self is, whether it is a discreet separate entity (disc, etc.) or simply an angelic connection to God.  I don't like to focus on discs or higher selves because I feel it is akin to breaking down God, and subcategorizing a part of us into higher self going to God, which both complicates cosmology, and in some ways is a form of idolatry (hate to say it, but there it is).  If God is one as in the most basic and holy Jewish prayer, the shema ("Hear O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is one,") then I don't think that concentrating on higher self as a unique entity is anything but a diversion from our direct trip to the divine.  (I know some may disagree). 

Matthew

IP Logged

I Am Dude

Reply #16 - Nov 30th, 2009 at 7:21pm

Matthew

I don't believe the higher self is synonymous with the subconscious mind either.  Rather, I believe the subconscious mind is the gateway to the higher self.  It is our connection to our higher self.  You say it's a connection to God, and I say that there is really no difference between God and the Higher Self in this case, for both are the source of our conscious minds, as God/AllThatIs flows through our higher self and into us, our Higher Self creating us as individual beings from it's own consciousness, and God essentially creating both our Higher Self and us. 

I don't really understand your dislike of the breakdown and categorization of God- this is simply the nature of reality.  All consciousnesses are God in smaller form- All consciousnesses are made of the very same "God stuff" that God/AllThatIs itself is made of.  Everything is an extension of AllThatIs, and as all consciousnesses have the ability to create, and what they use to create is the very consciousness which they are and a part of, then their creations(for example, our higher self's creation of us, and whatever consciousness our higher self was created from) are subdivisions by nature. 

Modern day science has proven that all matter in our universe is actually all one energy in its most basic state.  This is the nature of God.  But we still have many subdivisions of this basic energy- atoms, cells, humans, planets, solarsystems, ect... Just as in nonphysical reality we have subdivisions of an even finer energy, in the form of higher selves and such.  Each subdivision has its own level of consciousness, which is part of an even higher level of awareness from which it comes from.  Like it or not, this is simply the nature of reality.  It's all in how you view it.  It can be viewed from an enlightening, empowering, positive perspective just as it can be viewed from your perspective.

What if the higher self IS the means to obtain true unity with the divine?  After all, our higher self is our conscious mind's source.  Perhaps when one experiences this divine unity in the physical, they are actually experiencing unity with their higher self.  Not saying this is definitely the case, but it is a possibility, and a good one the way I see it. 
« Last Edit: Nov 30th, 2009 at 9:16pm by I Am Dude »  

But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be added unto you.

IP Logged

DocM

Reply #17 - Nov 30th, 2009 at 9:33pm

See, Dude,

I disagree in one important idea to the need for subcategorizations of God (although I recognize that reports from explorers describe different societies and hierchies of angels, soul groups, etc.)  And that is, many many sources tell us that the spiritual quest and our direction is based on love.

I guess that I have no real problem with someone praying or asking guidance from higher self instead of God, as long as they realize that the ideals of PUL are simple, basic and in fact the essence of spirituality.  Otherwise, some may feel that higher self has a path for us based on its higher divine nature, and that we should follow HS, regardless of right action associated with PUL.   

I will concede that we all have different needs vis a vis receiving guidance.

Matthew
« Last Edit: Dec 1st, 2009 at 1:56pm by DocM »  

IP Logged

I Am Dude

Reply #18 - Nov 30th, 2009 at 9:37pm

Of course, this whole discussion is only based on theory to the extent that we lack the experiential knowledge of the reality of our Higher Selves.  I know from experience that I am a part of a consciousness much greater than my own, a consciousness almost impossible to describe in words, and when I merged with this greater portion of my total being I experienced what I can only describe as divine bliss, a direct connection to the most intense love and compassion that I could have ever imagined.  This seems to go against your idea that the Higher Self is just a diversion from the divine, as I experienced the divine through my Higher Self.  Hey, give it a try sometime, see for yourself.   Wink

Love seems to be the nature of our Higher Self.  There are far more people worshiping some version of "God" whose actions are misaligned with love than there are those "worshiping" the Higher Self.  I would think that if they are aware of the concept of the higher self, they are also aware of the concept of PUL being the vital life force which drives our being, as these concepts are part of the same paradigm.  If one is truly following HS, then they are following love.

But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be added unto you.

IP Logged

b2
Ex Member

Reply #19 - Nov 30th, 2009 at 10:33pm

This is so great listening to you guys talk about HS and God and Love and all that good stuff. I feel that whether you call it HS or God, it's all the same thing. It's the love connection that matters in the end. I have also felt the greatest bliss/love/awareness ever while in the meditative state, speaking/hearing/feeling what truly matters there, consistently. It is the best counselor of all counselors, to listen to that voice which is more than a voice.

IP Logged

DocM

Reply #20 - Nov 30th, 2009 at 11:12pm

To each his own, Dude.  If one needs a disc, higher self to look toward, on their own path, its fine by me.  It is a diversion when one cedes free will to guidance instead of following their own knowledge of what actions are love based or not.  I wouldn't assume that all people who look to HS, or guides, etc. have the same discernment. 

But, like I said to each his own.  When some people pass over, they have a stay in Focus 27, and go over their life review in detail.  For them, it is necessary to move on.  Others bypass all that, and go straight to their place in the heavens.  There are many paths through love to explore.

Matthew

IP Logged

I Am Dude

Reply #21 - Nov 30th, 2009 at 11:49pm

My man.

IP Logged

Beau

Greenville SC
Reply #22 - Dec 1st, 2009 at 7:29am

I love the content of this thread but mostly I like the tone of it. Very cool stuff.

All the world's a stage...whose stage?--that is the question!...or is it the answer...Who is on first.
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.