Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Scientists in the main stream can deceive? *gasp* (Read 3291 times)
Mark Andrew

Indiana
Scientists in the main stream can deceive? *gasp*
Nov 24th, 2009 at 12:25pm

I was already willing to believe that main stream scientists ignore and/or manipulate data to cling to their beliefs as it relates to the paranormal or anything concerning OBE or the afterlife.

Now I see they're not above it with global warming, and it just re-affirms my suspicions. 

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/jamesdelingpole/100017393/climategate-the-fina...

Not to say there are not plenty of honest scientists out there with good intentions, but the exceptions to the rule are damning society to slower progress and general ignorance with these kinds of scandles.

IP Logged

Beau

Greenville SC
Re: Scientists in the main stream can deceive? *gasp*
Reply #1 - Nov 24th, 2009 at 12:35pm

The old guard is dying. I predict they will be so off base in the next 12 years that people will joke about them on the tonight show... or do they do that already. Information is information, facts can always be interpreted, but Main stream science are the same people who founded the Church basically. They will never give up until their money dries up.

I say the Earth though it is the Hearth of the Sun is a space ship unto itself and it will move one day, perhaps very soon.

And Mother Earth will take care of herself at the cost of all of them--hurray, I say.

All the world's a stage...whose stage?--that is the question!...or is it the answer...Who is on first.
IP Logged

Rondele
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Nov 24th, 2009 at 12:45pm

Mark-

Yes, global warming is a giant scam and hoax.  Parts of the earth are indeed warming, but others are definitely cooling (ignored by main stream scientists).  That's one reason why the terminology has changed, from global warming to climate change.  That way, it's a win-win for the scammers.

The biggest hoax is that humans are directly responsible for what warming is going on, and that by "going green" we can have an impact on slowing the warming.

There was huge global warming when the glaciers receded, and of course humans weren't even around in those days.

It's all about control.  Not climate control, but control on people and how they live. 

Once you realize that basic fact, you then understand that health care is not about health, it's also about control.

It's also relevant to point out that most of the other internet hype is also totally phony.  Such as holocaust denial, moon landing denial, 9/11 conspiracy theories, etc etc.

R

IP Logged

Beau

Greenville SC
Reply #3 - Nov 24th, 2009 at 1:02pm

I agree with you Rondele that humans having an effect on global warming is bogus. Some things are just meant to be. It's the way of the world. I change my mind a lot.

All the world's a stage...whose stage?--that is the question!...or is it the answer...Who is on first.
IP Logged

recoverer

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Reply #4 - Nov 24th, 2009 at 1:30pm

Yeah, so lets just chop down rain forests, use up resources, and pollute this World as much as we want, because the rapture is going to take away the good people, and leave the Satan worshipers behind.

Seriously, even if global warming isn't true, we're messing up the environment, so we've got to change.

Greedy corporate types and the people they have in their pockets and under their control want to be free to pollute and use as much as they want when they speak against global warming.

IP Logged

Beau

Greenville SC
Reply #5 - Nov 24th, 2009 at 4:22pm

That's not what I'm saying, but I can see how you might draw that conclusion Albert.

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #6 - Nov 24th, 2009 at 4:58pm

Beau:

My post wasn't addressed to you specifically.  I figure that in a way it is immaterial if global warming in true, because one way or the other we need to treat the environment much better than we do.

There are many people who could care less about treating the environment in a responsible way. I wonder how many of them are on the "global warming is false" side of the argument.

The need for alternative fuels goes beyond the global warming issue.

IP Logged

DocM

Reply #7 - Nov 24th, 2009 at 5:12pm

Yeah, off topic so boo-yah, as my son says!  (kidding)
I think it is intuitive to everyone that we try to preserve the natural world and try not to pollute the planet.  That being said, the compulsion to "go green" based on fear and mandatory requirements may not be based in good science or statistics. 

M

IP Logged

heisenberg69

England
Reply #8 - Nov 24th, 2009 at 5:35pm

I've used a couple of the basic climate models in my ecological studies and what I will say is that predicting the climate is incredibly complex - just tweaking a parameter a little has massive consequences- rather like the old butterfly flapping its wings causing a hurricane thousands of miles away. So instead of scientists deliberately setting out to deceive I think they have to deal with a lot of uncertainty. The pro-climate change fraternity would argue that failing to act would have disastrous consequences - I think its fair to say that the majority of climate scientists are in the pro-climate change camp. Of course dissenting opinions should not be silenced - but hopefully good science prevails.

Dave

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.