Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
On the Blog (Read 9310 times)
carl

Re: On the Blog
Reply #15 - Dec 9th, 2009 at 1:31am

I'm sorry guy's, but these splitting off of our physical selves into a 'cloned' conscious copy of ourselves, living in that time period when we 'split' is a lot of hogwash! The Afterlife Realm or the Earthbound Zone must then be a chaotic mess of 'split personalities' and 'Personal split-ghosts-personalities-clones' of Millions or Billions of past physical people, from all the ages past, 3 or 4 thousand ago or more! Living in their own trauma or pleasure, in countless or infinite past time zones personal to their conscious age-self at the time they 'split'. I, you, me, must have a huge bunch of 'aspects' from all our past lives out there waiting to be retrieved!? What about the mammals we eat for food?  Do they have 'aspects' out there too from the slaughterhouses? This is New Age Science-Fantasy at its best. No doubt started by some original author, in a book, and all the rest jumping on the fantasy bandwagon! We are not monkeys-sheep with wallets of cash and credit cards! Honesty and rational thought seems to be so lacking in these Afterlife circles. Sincerely. Carl & Family      

IP Logged

betson

Afterlife Knowledge Member

SE USA
Reply #16 - Dec 9th, 2009 at 9:43am

Hi Carl,

You cannot apply the small part of yourself that is logical to the way the afterlife works; it's a different realm requiring wholey different involvement. 
Humans have been considered a multi-layered being since back in the Sanskrit days.  Look it up.
(You'll perhaps be relieved to kow that this post of yours is the last of yours i ever plan to read. You are not trying to find truths and discuss experiences.  Goodbye.)

Bets

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Shakespeare

IP Logged

Beau

Greenville SC
Reply #17 - Dec 9th, 2009 at 10:11am

Carl,
If you are truly looking for evidence then read My Big Toe by Thomas Campbell. If not then I think you are merely an illusion yourself. Not trying to find answers but merely to have everything handed to you so you can find more reasons to disagree. I'm with Bets, unless you make some kind of effort.

All the world's a stage...whose stage?--that is the question!...or is it the answer...Who is on first.
IP Logged

b2
Ex Member

Reply #18 - Dec 9th, 2009 at 3:33pm

Truth is so often much stranger than fiction, Carl, but you are entitled to your opinion. I think, strange as it sounds, what actually happens to us is quite like what you described. I see our 'selves' more as patterns, however, patterns of behaviors and occurrences, more than anything else that we may believe that we are.

carl wrote on Dec 9th, 2009 at 1:31am:
I'm sorry guy's, but these splitting off of our physical selves into a 'cloned' conscious copy of ourselves, living in that time period when we 'split' is a lot of hogwash! The Afterlife Realm or the Earthbound Zone must then be a chaotic mess of 'split personalities' and 'Personal split-ghosts-personalities-clones' of Millions or Billions of past physical people, from all the ages past, 3 or 4 thousand ago or more! Living in their own trauma or pleasure, in countless or infinite past time zones personal to their conscious age-self at the time they 'split'. I, you, me, must have a huge bunch of 'aspects' from all our past lives out there waiting to be retrieved!? What about the mammals we eat for food?  Do they have 'aspects' out there too from the slaughterhouses? This is New Age Science-Fantasy at its best. No doubt started by some original author, in a book, and all the rest jumping on the fantasy bandwagon! We are not monkeys-sheep with wallets of cash and credit cards! Honesty and rational thought seems to be so lacking in these Afterlife circles. Sincerely. Carl & Family      

IP Logged

spooky2

Reply #19 - Dec 10th, 2009 at 6:06pm

Carl,
I admit it must sound strange when taken, sort of, "literally". But is is not quite that strange, at least not stranger than anything else is. I hope I can clear it up a bit:

Bruce said, aspects could have own experiences, and can appear, when approached, as persons. However, when they're rightly called "aspects" of a person, this means they still are part of a person, but have been isolated and outcasted, suppressed, of a person's conscious psyche. But they're still a part of that person, and even when that person has no conscious awareness of this part, it still influences the person. It is not the way you laid out that there is a dramatical multiplication of persons so that we'd end up in chaos; it is a varying degree of focusation of a person as an entireness. The physical-encompassing world of mind isn't made of spatial divided things, such as bodies, but of more or less communicating regions of awareness. That way, a full integrated person appears as a razor-sharp powerful presence, while a low-integrated person appears as weak, "wide spread", instable, but not too seldomly as a surprising person.
   My opinion of course.

Spooky

"I'm going where the pavement turns to sand"&&Neil Young, "Thrasher"

IP Logged

heisenberg69

England
Reply #20 - Dec 11th, 2009 at 2:36pm

Multiple personalities  are a well known phenomenon in clinical psychology- often the result of trauma such as childhood sexual abuse. The film Sybil starring Sally Field was an example of this ( based on the case of Shirley Ardell Mason). These sub-personalities are an individual's way with coping with an intolerable situation but cannot really be considered as 'real' people in themselves.

Dave

IP Logged

george stone

Reply #21 - Dec 11th, 2009 at 2:46pm

I was woundering,you never here of men having them.George

IP Logged

Bruce Moen
YaBB Administrator

YaBB Admin Land
Reply #22 - Dec 12th, 2009 at 2:19am

Dave,

heisenberg69 wrote on Dec 11th, 2009 at 2:36pm:
Multiple personalities  are a well known phenomenon in clinical psychology- often the result of trauma such as childhood sexual abuse. The film Sybil starring Sally Field was an example of this ( based on the case of Shirley Ardell Mason). These sub-personalities are an individual's way with coping with an intolerable situation but cannot really be considered as 'real' people in themselves.

Dave

One of most satisfying experiences utilizing the concept of "aspects of self" has been working with psychotherapists in Germany.  There is a small percentage of clients, perhaps as many as 5 to 10%, that are eventually told that there is nothing else that can be done.  They have been through every form of therapy known to the psychoterapist's team without making a dent or scratch in the psychological problems in their lives.  In some cases these clients cannot work or be around other people due to their "illness."  According to the therapists I work with these clients are eventually told, 'We're sorry, there is nothing more we know to do except give you medications to make your condition more bearable.

One therapist described his first aspect of self therapy session with one such client.  After putting the client in a light trance and suggesting that a Helper would come the client began to describe the Helper.  The client was instructed to ask the Helper to guide him/her to the source of the present difficulty.

A short time later the client was arguing with the Helper saying that the scene he/she had been brought to could not possibly be the cause of the  problem.
After interviewing the Helper, through the client, and the client directly, all during the session, the therapist understood how the events in the scene (from client's present lifetime experience) described a trauma that led to the present psychological difficulties.  The therapist then used pretty standard theraputic techniques during that session to help the client deal with that life event in a more constructive way with a more productive, positive outcome.

The client was guided to retrieve the aspect of self from the scene and the experience using the technique I teach in the Self Discovery, Self Healing workshop.  The aspect was 'absorbed or reabsorbed' into the body of the client as aspects of self often are.

The kicker was that the therapist told me that after the client was brought out of the light trance after that one session the client was 'cured.'  The psychological difficulty was gone and the client was able to go back to work, live and enjoy life.

When people who don't understand the concept of Aspects of Self attempt to explain them away as some profit-motivated, new age, hogwash fantasy I think about the clients of that psychotherapist.  He and several other therapists in Germany are using the Aspects of Self concept in conjunction with Helpers in treatment sessions with their most difficult clients.  I hear that kind of 'it's all new age hogwash' kind of comment and think about how the lives of those clients are changed, and I smile. 

It maybe indeed be such new age, hogwash, but for those clients, it works.

Bruce

IP Logged

heisenberg69

England
Reply #23 - Dec 12th, 2009 at 9:26am

Thanks Bruce. For some reason some concepts seem harder to get a handle on than others. For example retrieving whole 'stuck' people seems easier for me to believe than retrieving aspects of people. But that does'nt make the latter less likely only a signal to me that my knowledge may be incomplete and I need more data. I think thats the key difference between open-minded skepticism and closed-minded skepticism. Open-minded skepticism means that you're not willing to take everything at face value but at the same time are realistic to know that 'knowns' change with new experiences/information. Close minded skepticism means a kind of blinkered thinking -a 'Medusa Mindset' as one friend put it.

There seem to be two extremes of opinion when it comes to the 'New Age' beliefs. There is the archly cynical, super-sceptic who thinks its enough to simply label beliefs they don't currently hold as new age to discredit them. The other seems to be that all 'metaphysical' ideas are equally valid experience or no experience.What I liked about your books is that you avoid both the above extremes, dealing  with some pretty esoteric concepts but in a rational, experience- based way.

One of the exciting things about Afterlife concepts  is that may be able to be used to treat psychological/spiritual problems which traditional psychotherapy has not been successful which you talk about in your post. I have a good psychotherapist friend, who uses a transpersonal approach, who I have introduced your books to. It would be great if you were able to publish such experiences as you describe above for sympathetic people such as him- for the important thing is that it works and helps people.

Dave

IP Logged

Beau

Greenville SC
Reply #24 - Dec 12th, 2009 at 9:42am

Is it possible that we are retrieving the character of the person instead of their higher self?

The learning experience could be more for us than them.

All the world's a stage...whose stage?--that is the question!...or is it the answer...Who is on first.
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.