Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Out of body dude! (Read 5868 times)
Seraphis1

ALK Member

Out of body dude!
Nov 13th, 2009 at 5:35pm

I think we can have an interesting discussion here or the credibility issues surrounding Monroe and Moen, if you are will to answer questions I will put forth.

First question: What do you think it means when The Monroe Institute says that Robert Monroe established a policy right from the beginning to reverse engineer Hemi-Sync?

IP Logged

Beau

Greenville SC
Re: Out of body dude!
Reply #1 - Nov 13th, 2009 at 6:01pm

I bet you count backward from 10 then blast off Shocked

All the world's a stage...whose stage?--that is the question!...or is it the answer...Who is on first.
IP Logged

I Am Dude

Reply #2 - Nov 13th, 2009 at 7:10pm

LOL

I will answer your questions.

I believe you are asking how Monroe reverse-engineered hemisync?  Your question is worded weirdly, it seems as if you are asking what the significance of his policy right was.

I am well aware that Monroe reverse-engineered hemisync.  Basically what he did was read an individual's brainwaves when they were in a specific altered state, and then created a matching frequency to induce that particular brain behaivior.   

Next question!

But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be added unto you.

IP Logged

I Am Dude

Reply #3 - Nov 13th, 2009 at 8:09pm

Just to clear this up... I have no issues regarding the credibility of Monroe and Moen.  I don't really know where you're going with this.

But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be added unto you.

IP Logged

DocM

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Reply #4 - Nov 13th, 2009 at 9:17pm

I'm not sure either Dude, but I think I know.  You are talking to a true believer.  I'll leave it at that.

Matthew

IP Logged

spooky2

Reply #5 - Nov 14th, 2009 at 1:43am

One interpretation of Seraphis' question could be that RAM avaited others to analyze the HemiSync technology and start their own developments from the results of that analysis. And this has happened, BrainSync, HoloSync, BrainWaveGenerator, etc....

From the biography of RAM by R. Russell though it seems RAM wasn't a real fan of "open source" when it comes to HemiSync  Wink .

Spooky

"I'm going where the pavement turns to sand"&&Neil Young, "Thrasher"

IP Logged

detheridge

Malvern, Worcs, U.K.
Reply #6 - Nov 14th, 2009 at 7:14am

Hardly surprising, considering the amount of time, effort and money he put into the whole thing....

IP Logged

Beau

Greenville SC
Reply #7 - Nov 14th, 2009 at 3:41pm

mine was only $60 Bucks.

All the world's a stage...whose stage?--that is the question!...or is it the answer...Who is on first.
IP Logged

Seraphis1

ALK Member

Reply #8 - Nov 14th, 2009 at 6:27pm

I Am Dude wrote on Nov 13th, 2009 at 7:10pm:
LOL

I will answer your questions.

I believe you are asking how Monroe reverse-engineered hemisync?  Your question is worded weirdly, it seems as if you are asking what the significance of his policy right was.

I am well aware that Monroe reverse-engineered hemisync.  Basically what he did was read an individual's brainwaves when they were in a specific altered state, and then created a matching frequency to induce that particular brain behaivior.   

Next question!

Hi Dude: Thanks for being a good sport. You are my kind of guy… I used to love having knockdown fights with my Dad… that didn’t stop us from tipping pint after they were all over and done with… LOL!!

The reason this is important is because TMI has built up over the years a sound body of scientifically provable material. To my knowledge and no I do not know every school out there… no other mystic/cosmological/metaphiyscal material can make this claim… every other discipline relies on “faith” or the power of the personality of the teacher.

That is why I feel on solid ground saying writing before Monroe and Moen need a lot of vetting and comparison against the work of Monroe and Moen. I am currently using M/M to look at a lot of stuff I used to rely on… Robert Bruce… because he has felt his way through all the major energy systems has complete overturned chakral and nodey (sp) material, validated the acupuncture meridian charts… found the sex chakra which for at least two hundred years of copying extant data, no one knew was there.

Monroe nor Moen ever claimed to have all the answers… have you listened to an interview of Monroe’s on Youtube in which he was ask to explain the difference between o.b.e.’s, phasing, and lucid dream exiting… he answer… that he did not know and could not answer the question… so he didn’t know everything nor did he claim to have all the answers… there is a lot to be discovered but we now have the means to do it with sound “scientific or reliable brail techniques” which do not require “faith”.

Next question:

What is the body of knowledge you subscribe to relative to the Oversoul and how it’s dynamics function… What do you know about the structures the Oversoul uses to interact with the physical world?

IP Logged

I Am Dude

Reply #9 - Nov 14th, 2009 at 7:27pm

Quote:
The reason this is important is because TMI has built up over the years a sound body of scientifically provable material....That is why I feel on solid ground saying writing before Monroe and Moen need a lot of vetting and comparison against the work of Monroe and Moen

This is an inaccurate contortion of reality.  The only thing Monroe was able to scientifically prove is that it is possible to alter one's brainwaves through hemisync to specific brain activity patterns.  Thats about it.  There is no scientific proof that what he, or anyone else, discovered while in those altered states is true.  But I agree with you, and tend to do the same- that is, compare other explorers experiences with those of Monroe.  However, the body of material that Monroe and the TMI created is in no way scientifically provable, and the creation of hemisync does not make this material any more convincing.

IP Logged

Seraphis1

ALK Member

Reply #10 - Nov 14th, 2009 at 8:27pm

I Am Dude wrote on Nov 14th, 2009 at 7:27pm:
Quote:
The reason this is important is because TMI has built up over the years a sound body of scientifically provable material....That is why I feel on solid ground saying writing before Monroe and Moen need a lot of vetting and comparison against the work of Monroe and Moen

This is an inaccurate contortion of reality.  The only thing Monroe was able to scientifically prove is that it is possible to alter one's brainwaves through hemisync to specific brain activity patterns.  Thats about it.  There is no scientific proof that what he, or anyone else, discovered while in those altered states is true.  But I agree with you, and tend to do the same- that is, compare other explorers experiences with those of Monroe.  However, the body of material that Monroe and the TMI created is in no way scientifically provable, and the creation of hemisync does not make this material any more convincing.

Hi Dude: The answer is the concept corollary relationships. Unless, you believe Bruce Moen is intellectually dishonest then you have to give him credit for organizing a group of people in different parts of the country to explore together… Bruce, Rebecca, Denise, Paul, and Tony and others report corroborating experiences… Unless you believe I would spend thousands of dollars to lie to you about my experiences then nothing I say will matter… when you do guidelines the last exercise is a trip to Focus 27… I thought nothing would happen… because I am too new at the Monroevian system… I only had Gateway before… how could I possibly experience Focus 27… Behold… a miracle, not only did I get to Focus 27 reception center by I saw a nurse in full regalia with pens and stethoscope dress in a beautiful shocking spiritual blue uniform… I was bobbing around in deep soft cushions of cloud white fabric very pleasant… in that moment I knew that I will successfully become a retriever in Lifelines…

I didn’t say there was absolute truth… I said, the material coming out of Monroe/Moen is sound and one can engage it with a high degree of confidence in the reliability of the information.

Are you having fun, Dude.. I am… when it is no longer fun, it isn’t worth doing..

Seraphis1

IP Logged

DocM

Reply #11 - Nov 14th, 2009 at 9:16pm

Actually, I am surprised that Dude gave the answer he did (because I didn't think you had that much familiarity with TMI), but I have to say, I've examined the issue thoroughly and I agree with him and came to the same conclusions.  Before going into detail, I should say that despite the shortcoming in terms of true reproducible peer reviewed research, TMI has done more in terms of exploration and preliminary work, than anyone I know of in the modern world.

As someone trained in science, the first thing I did a few years ago, was to pore over the entire medical literature about hemi-sync and go through all published studies I could find.  Thanks to computers, you can now do this with ease by going to pubmed.com and then typing in search terms.  The articles listed encompass the entire medical literature going back to the 1960s. 

What I found, was a beginning, but was, to me disappointing.  The theory behind hemisync was fascinating and made a lot of sense.  If yogis and mystics exhibit an alpha wave pattern in the brain when deep in meditation, and those who have OOB and astral travels get into the theta range, what will happen if we induce the alpha state with musical tones?  Take a tone at 330 HZ in one ear, and another with 310 HZ in the other.  It can be shown that the difference between the two - 10HZ is "heard by the brain as a third tone (a summation).  If brainwaves are produced on an EEG in the 10 HZ range (approximately the alpha range), then you have, by tones alone, pushed the brain toward wavelengths that a master yogi may take years to get to with only a few minutes of tones heard over headphones.  Awesome.

Then comes the next step - one that the good people at TMI excelled, and that is reporting experiences.  This was the phase where RM reported which tones and brainwaves seemed to correspond to which focus levels he found. 

This is also the phase in which TMI explorers reported good but anecdotal experience.  If someone with the fibromyalgia syndrome felt better after listening to theta waves, this was noted.  If kids with ADD were able to concentrate better at a different frequency, this was noted.  However, rather than have different centers conduct blinded studies (as is usual with most science), followups simply were not done.  So what you are left with is a great, wonderful theory, and then personal experiences written down, without the true testing of science (different unrelated centers testing hemisync for all of its possibilities, both travel and healing in a double blinded, placebo controlled fashion).

Now I must state that I am impressed that TMI did all that it did with tones and exploration no matter what.  But what followed, amounted to weak science.  Hemisync products were released claiming - this CD is useful for learning; another CD was useful for healing.  They were based on theory and anecdote.  You can find them on TMIs site available right now.  Yet, this is where they lose me, as a scientist, and where they lose, unfortunately some authenticity.

If you want to show that a certain hemisync frequency is good at healing, then take 100 injured patients, expose 50 to the hemisync, then go through the statistics and report the outcomes (in a scientific journal).  If delta patterns is associated with the release human growth hormone and this release is associated with certain types of healing, you really need to have double blinded studies to prove the theory - that delta frequencies may heal certain illnesses.

So I think that there is so much real science that can still be done to show the true effect of hemisync.  If some of it works in a reproducible fashion for certain diseases - this would be great.  If not, we have to acknowledge that too. 

With regard to the reproducibility of focus levels with Hemisync, I have to say that the anecdotal work written down by TMI IS IMPORTANT, because consciousness is subjective.  Yet it too can be subjected to double blinded studies, using different frequencies and getting volunteers to record their impressions.

So, what TMI did was groundbreaking, and a great start, but then it got to the wonderful steps from theory to observation/anecdotes, but skipped the final step of double blinded studies to get to the final stage of scientific proof.

Matthew

IP Logged

heisenberg69

England
Reply #12 - Nov 15th, 2009 at 1:10pm

I imagine properly conducted double-binded studies cost a lot of time and money...which if these are very limited are difficult to justify unless the resulting data can really be used to good effect. In general, money in 'esoteric' disciplines is much more difficult to find than in say, pharmaceuticals and the mainstream.

Dave

IP Logged

Beau

Greenville SC
Reply #13 - Nov 15th, 2009 at 1:28pm

Dear Matthew,

My apologies sir, I do read your posts but I am a poor reader and I often skim if it's not broken up in paragraphs which is weird because I tend to write stream of consciousness in one paragraph when I post. I don't mean to have a double standard. I'm very sorry.

IP Logged

DocM

Reply #14 - Nov 15th, 2009 at 2:03pm

Dave,

Actually, there are plenty of medical centers which would perform the basic double blind studies if TMI would provide the hemi-sync for free.  So it would be quite simple to take patients with various medical diseases such as: fibromyalgia, ADD, even cancer, hypertension, and give half of them hemi-sync healing sessions and the other half "fake" random tones without binaural beats.  It wouldn't be expensive, but it would be telling.  When the study was unblinded, hemi-sync would either be shown to statistically improve these conditions, or be a bust.

In the same way, hemi-sync could be studied to see how it enables OOB experiences.  Admittedly this would be harder to do double blinded, since it is subjective.  But what could be designed scientifically, is that someone like Robert Bruce could write a protocol for going out of body.  Listeners could be given hemi sync or placebo (fake) tones in a double blinded fashion.  We could then see who experienced OOB travel or contact with focus levels, and if it were proven to be made easier with hemisync than with placebo music. 

Matthew

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.