Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
A question for Bruce Moen (Read 5132 times)
heisenberg69

England
Re: A question for Bruce Moen
Reply #15 - Nov 15th, 2009 at 1:35pm

The question of whether spiritually, things are improving over time is an interesting one ( re- the hollow heavens/hells). I rememeber attending a large mediumistic exhibition several years ago when the medium was asked if he ever encountered 'evil' beings in his work. His answer impressed me. He said he encountered the sad, the lonely, the frightened, the angry, but not the evil....and he would keep encountering them as long as we kept sending them over like that ! In other words it was up to each of us to do something about it.

On balance I think we are improving 'spiritually'. The tv may seem to suggest otherwise but as a student of history I see the acceptance of behaiour in the past which we simply would not accept today. My theory is that as we grow instances of cruelty, intolerance etc. show up in ever increasing contrast so that examples of such are given ever increasing attention and subsequent soul searching.Because of this attention psyhologically we think things are getting worse.The truth is in the past we simply would'nt have noticed it.

In my lifetime attitudes have changed so much - my children are aghast to learn how beating was accepted at my secondary school. Now the teachers would be prosecuted.In the past state torture was an accepted practice now we recognise that its wrong behaviour.

I certainly believe, however, that we have a long way to go !

Dave

IP Logged

heisenberg69

England
Re: A question for Bruce Moen
Reply #16 - Nov 15th, 2009 at 1:38pm

Sorry about the typos- heavy night of 80s disco dancing last night !

Dave

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.