Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Re: Robert Monroe speaks to me! (Read 10127 times)
I Am Dude

Re: Robert Monroe speaks to me!
Reply #30 - Nov 17th, 2009 at 1:00am

I feel like the verbal guidance on the TMI hemisync tracks is more of a neussance then anything.  I have been also meaning to remove the vocals from these tracks.  I am hoping that the conversions neccessary to do this will not affect the quality and effectiveness of the frequencies.

Seraphis:

Which hemisync products do you use? 

I personally feel that although I most definitely would like to attend a TMI program, it seems to be an overall waiste of money.  Sure, the experience of actually being there, interacting with the other participants, and experiencing the overall energy of the place is unique and gratifying in its own way, but the whole purpose of the programs can easily be achieved in one's own home for free.

But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be added unto you.

IP Logged

Beau

Greenville SC
Reply #31 - Nov 17th, 2009 at 7:27am

I like Going Home Disc seven and Surf told to me by Thomas plus I just got the gateway 3 disc set and I love them, but I can see how the voice could become a problem after some study with it. I also use Boxed Nirvana and Adrian's Beyond the Abyss. On Campbell's site some guys post stuff too for free that is amazing.

All the world's a stage...whose stage?--that is the question!...or is it the answer...Who is on first.
IP Logged

spooky2

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Reply #32 - Nov 18th, 2009 at 2:15am

Quote OobDude:
"I feel like the verbal guidance on the TMI hemisync tracks is more of a neussance then anything.  I have been also meaning to remove the vocals from these tracks.  I am hoping that the conversions neccessary to do this will not affect the quality and effectiveness of the frequencies."

Yes, sometimes the voice can be distracting, but sometimes it helps me to concentrate, especially when I'm at the edge of sleep.
About removing the voice parts, when you just cut it out it won't affect the frequencies. What I have noticed though, RAM/TMI apparently have taken some care to time the length of the different stages of their tapes, so I found the structure of most recordings is quite good, and if long voice passages are cut out, it might be good to replace them with copied snippets from before and/or after the cut point. I once made a loop of a nonverbal passage which I liked, and found it wasn't as good as it was in it's original position. Clicks of course have to be avoided, so take care to cut at zero-crossings or make gentle crossfades.

Spooky

"I'm going where the pavement turns to sand"&&Neil Young, "Thrasher"

IP Logged

Beau

Greenville SC
Reply #33 - Nov 18th, 2009 at 6:24am

I find the 3 CD Gateway set to quite good for me but I am new to it all. I use Enja and REM to really explore too. I find the vocals help keep me focused. I highly recommend REM Reveal and Around the Sun. But I use some stuff like Adrian Cooper's Beyond the Abyss to get into the state as well and it's not vocalized at all.

All the world's a stage...whose stage?--that is the question!...or is it the answer...Who is on first.
IP Logged

I Am Dude

Reply #34 - Nov 18th, 2009 at 3:57pm

Yes, the vocal guidance does assist in bringing my awareness back if I am drifting off too deeply.  However, it also tends to disrupt my altered states, which is very bothersome.  I'm a music producer, so the actual process of editing should be no problemo.  I was more worried about the conversion in and out of my editing software lowering the quality of the original frequencies.  I suppose I can try to boost them with some equalization.  I'm not exactly sure how subtle the frequencies are or what it would take for them to be damaged.  Ill give it a shot and see how it goes.  Maybe I'll throw some of my own vocals in there for the warm up...  I usually do something different than what Monroe instructs.

But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be added unto you.

IP Logged

spooky2

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Reply #35 - Nov 19th, 2009 at 5:20am

The only cause for loss in audio quality might be a re-calculation of mp3s, but when you use 192kbit/s or more it shouldn't be a problem. And programs such as mp3cut are lossless. The HemiSync center frequencies are, as far as I know, around 60-1000 Hz and shouldn't be affected so much by data compression anyway.

Spooky

"I'm going where the pavement turns to sand"&&Neil Young, "Thrasher"

IP Logged

Beau

Greenville SC
Reply #36 - Nov 19th, 2009 at 8:02am

I use ear buds and Monroe's voice seems to come in at the perfect time. I like that he's passed on because I feel a closer connection to the ethereal when I listen. But I still dig the non vocalized tracks too. It's just that I don't feel I can stay as focused.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.