Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Re: Robert Monroe speaks to me! (Read 10118 times)
DocM

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Re: Robert Monroe speaks to me!
Reply #15 - Nov 13th, 2009 at 2:02pm

The disc concept is, what TMI and Bruce's exploration has shown to be part of a soul grouping or higher self.  However, this is their experience.

Other writers such as past life enthusiast Michael Newton, have written about "soul groups," which we belong to.  Swedenborg talks of this in the 17th century.  We know this in some ways, when we meet someone or have a friend so close we feel we have known them forever.

So on the one hand, I think it is intuitively obvious that we have clusters of spirits/friends we travel with and are attracted to.  On the other hand, I still put the disc theory of soul evolution in as a theory - the greater reality being their is no separation between us as individuals and everything else. 

The idea that people doing TMI are part of Monroe's group or disc may or may not be true (no way to verify for sure, since the disc theory is just that a theory). 

From one perspective, since we are all part of a unity under God, it strikes me as adding unnecessary subdivisions to invent a disc to return to.  Because then that disc must return to a greater unity, and eventually God. 

Most references to God in the great religions refer to monotheism and warn against idolatry.  In some ways, they are warning against just this concept.  Why not worship the disc as all powerful and all knowing?  You see what I'm saying?  Man runs into problems because while incarnate on earth he sees himself as separate from God and creation (the basis for many Eastern religions).  So why on earth would we then construct a disc theory which we must go through on our journey back to God, when we could open ourselves to love, love to our fellow beings and God, and cut through the red tape of false divisions of duality.

However, while I'm in my unique perspective of dualism, I don't doubt that there are soul groups we commune with and belong to, and return to mull things over with after death, and in life.

Has anyone thought that this forum sort of acts as one big disc, where we interact, learn and exchange ideas?

Matthew

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #16 - Nov 13th, 2009 at 3:32pm

Doc:

I don't believe people are into worshiping disks/higher selves/I-theres/whatever name you want, that would be like worshiping one's self.

One is just as likely to worship one's disk, as one is likely to worship a soul group.

Therefore, it isn't about worshiping idols.

In a way, it is like being connected to your spirit family.

IP Logged

DocM

Reply #17 - Nov 13th, 2009 at 4:02pm

I'm just saying, be careful, Albert, because there is a component of idolatry/self worship involved.  Look at the recent discussion threads.  Some have stated their ultimate goal/goals as merging with their disc.  So the disc is something to be looked to as the crowning achievement.  But where does God fit into all of this, and where is the unity of it all?

I liken this to Swedenborg speaking of people arriving in the post-mortem state and not understanding that the trinity really represents God, but not separate entities.  Some would worship the Father, some the Son, or the holy Spirit, when in fact, as ES God was the foundation behind the love that we all strive for, and was the totality that encompassed the trinity (without separation).  Those who couldn't grasp the concept, went off on their own.

The unifying principle of PUL/love seems so elegant to me.  That there is a God who is the source of it seems so obvious as to be almost too obvious (and therefore missed by many).  When I think of the above two lines of thought, and then I hear that for some people, the main goal is to merge with the disc to complete their task, I feel something is missing. 

But that is just my take on things.

Matthew

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #18 - Nov 13th, 2009 at 4:17pm

Doc:

I agree that the goal is to come closer to God, not to become one with our disk with no thought given towards God. 

Disks and soul groups are a means to a greater end.

I believe a day will come where we will be a part of the oneness, and it'll be hard to think of our disk mates/soul group members as being closer to us than other beings.

I believe disks operate according to divine will.

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #19 - Nov 13th, 2009 at 4:24pm

I'd like to add that love can be shared in many ways. Sometimes with lovers, sometimes with friends, sometimes with family members, sometimes with disk members, sometimes with soul group members, sometimes with other beings, sometimes with God.

Also, some people don't know what to make of God because of some of the labels he has been associated with. If people seek spiritual love, they are headed in the right direction.

I figure God has no problem with us finding it joyful to share love with each other in the various ways we exist. I don't believe he becomes jealous.

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #20 - Nov 13th, 2009 at 4:47pm

I'd like to add that I stopped reading Swendenborg's heaven and hell because even though he has some good things to say, on more than one occassion he stated that some people end up in hell "forever."

In one paragraph he wrote that some people are cast into hell right after death head first with their feet sticking out.

When he spoke of people going to hell he made no mention of why many people develop in a negative way. There are so many negative influences in this World. Many people are likely to be influenced in a negative way.

One of the reasons we incarnate into this World is so we can learn to live according to love and choose wisely. It isn't reasonable to expect people to be done with the lesson plan before they have a chance to complete it.

Therefore, when I listen to my heart and common sense, Swedenborg is too indifferent to souls who supposedly end up in hell forever.

I doubt souls would choose to incarnate into lives that have negative influences if they understood there is a good chance they might end up in hell for all of eternity, or as Swedenborg says, forever.

Life in this World is a means to a greater end, not a way to get many souls stuck in hell for all of eternity.

Since Swedenborg lived in the 1700's, perhaps he wrote what was relevant to the time period. Perhaps today a more enlightened and less accusatory approach (they get what they deserve) is required.

Perhaps it is possible to set up a system where all souls find their way back to the light, especially those who took on the more challenging lifetimes.

IP Logged

b2
Ex Member

Reply #21 - Nov 13th, 2009 at 5:02pm

I believe that system already exists. Love on.

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #22 - Nov 13th, 2009 at 5:06pm

Smiley Smiley Smiley

Quote:
I believe that system already exists. Love on.

IP Logged

Beau

Greenville SC
Reply #23 - Nov 13th, 2009 at 6:08pm

That system is called the Clan McManus. that's what I channeled today while driving in the car in deep meditation.

All the world's a stage...whose stage?--that is the question!...or is it the answer...Who is on first.
IP Logged

I Am Dude

Reply #24 - Nov 13th, 2009 at 8:21pm

Doc

I believe that the ideas of God and unity fit in very nicely with the Disk concept.  I see the disk concept as a neverending expansion of consciousness and creation- we are a part of our disk, our higher self- our disk is part of it's higher self, the disk's higher self is part of its higher self, and so on, into infinity.  Each higher self a larger aspect of All That Is, each one on a spiritual path to discover the higher aspects of their being.

But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be added unto you.

IP Logged

DocM

Reply #25 - Nov 13th, 2009 at 9:13pm

Dude, 

I haven't yet gotten enough evidence for or against the disc.  I prefer thinking of it as a soul group, but I still see the whole cosmology as something which misses the forest for the trees.  Exchanging the false belief in separation of the earth plane for a different set of beliefs in subcategorization of discs.  I prefer to look for God directly by realizing that he is the foundation of love and all of our actions.  In doing so, I don't need to go the rather impersonal disc route, which is really based upon experience but is not necessarily synonomous with love. 

I respect that Bruce's journeys have brought him to understand higher self and describe it.  I guess I just believe that is a longer more tortuous path which elevates large conglomerates of individuals to form a disc, rather than to be wowed by and participate with God as what we are directly searching for.  I maintain that seeking the disc is a distraction rather than seeking love and perfecting ourselves in love.  I am crystal clear on this, but respect the views of others.

Hey, but to each his or her own.  If we get to the same place in the end, you and I can have a beer on the other side and exchange stories of the paths we traveled. 

Matthew

IP Logged

I Am Dude

Reply #26 - Nov 13th, 2009 at 10:39pm

Doc

I feel ya man.  I'm not sure if the disc theory is true or not either.  I have experienced my higher self, but not to the extent where I can say for sure I know the truth regarding the specific details.  I do know that my higher self exists and have experienced the overwhelming love that we share and our intimate connection. 

But I feel that if we are connected to our higher self in the way that Monroe and Moen, then reintegration is a path that we all must take if we want to progress as spiritual beings.  If we are loving individuals then it will make the journey back to our true self that much easier/fulfilling.  If we lack love, then perhaps it will take some self healing and growth before the reintegration.  But if this is the nature of our reality, then it is what it is. 

I suppose its more a matter of perspective.  It can be about love just as much as it can be an unneccessary illusory subdivision.  But, like I said- if the disk theory is true, then there's nothing unneccessary about it- it's simply the nature of reality.  It seems a bit obvious that subdivisions of certain types are an integral part of our reality.  Our atoms being one subdivision, our cells being another one on a higher level, the body parts they form being another subdivision yet even higher, our total human form being the highest.  Just as we have planets within solar systems within galaxies within the universe within the multidimensional universe.  There are many examples of this subdivisory nature.

I see the disk as a unification of our conscious self with our total, higher self, a return to our true nature, our true state of being, to progress into higher levels of reality, experience new productive challenges, and grow in love.  It is also possible to view it as a means of futher separation from our true source- but our higher selves are our source, even if they are only one subdivision higher- our consciousness still originates from this higher being- so I say the disk/HS is actually a means, maybe THE means, to a true relationship with All That Is.

But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be added unto you.

IP Logged

spooky2

Reply #27 - Nov 14th, 2009 at 1:23am

Well yes OobDude, your initial criticism of the phaenomenon "meeting Bob" is quite right. I have exactly the same thoughts. And it still could be true that I've met, in some form, Bob. My approach is, I experienced this and that, but what's "true" of it, I simply don't know. It is of course appropriate here to mention the psychological mechanism of "I want to belong to something", and that this desire might trigger this and that.
    When being neutral on whom one really has met, and about what the disk-thing belongs, we can still take into consideration that those "Bob-meetings" are symbols for portals of knowledge we desire to gain; independent from what source the infos might stem from. We could even compare those messages and see if there is something in common.

Spooky

"I'm going where the pavement turns to sand"&&Neil Young, "Thrasher"

IP Logged

Seraphis1

ALK Member

Reply #28 - Nov 15th, 2009 at 12:47am

spooky2 wrote on Nov 14th, 2009 at 1:23am:
Well yes OobDude, your initial criticism of the phaenomenon "meeting Bob" is quite right. I have exactly the same thoughts. And it still could be true that I've met, in some form, Bob. My approach is, I experienced this and that, but what's "true" of it, I simply don't know. It is of course appropriate here to mention the psychological mechanism of "I want to belong to something", and that this desire might trigger this and that.
    When being neutral on whom one really has met, and about what the disk-thing belongs, we can still take into consideration that those "Bob-meetings" are symbols for portals of knowledge we desire to gain; independent from what source the infos might stem from. We could even compare those messages and see if there is something in common.

Spooky

Hi Spooky: Have you done any of the TMI seminars? Do you use any of the hemi-sync products... such as Wave I - Discovery etc.

Cool

IP Logged

spooky2

Reply #29 - Nov 15th, 2009 at 1:20am

Yes, Gateway Voyage and Lifeline. I have used Hemi-Sync daily for about a year after Gateway, and now I use it every now and then. The sounds can make me relax, and the verbal guidance keeps me focused, although sometimes I've used tracks from which I removed the verbal guidance. Depends on my mood.

Spooky

"I'm going where the pavement turns to sand"&&Neil Young, "Thrasher"

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.