Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Physical Mediumship (Read 1126 times)
heisenberg69

England
Physical Mediumship
Nov 10th, 2009 at 9:48am

Hi-

i've just finished reading Charles Tart's new book - 'The End of Materialism'. In it he mentions the mediumship of D D Home, quote (p 152) : " I take most of the reports of D.D Home seriously. For example, accordians, in rooms illuminated by candles or lanterns, were often seen and heard to play recognisable tunes, even though they weren't being touched by Home or anyone else... ". Unlike mental mediumship, which can be challenged on the grounds of cold-reading, rater bias etc. it seems that the only alternative explanation for physical mediumship to a paranormal one is fraud, so it can provide impressive objective evidence for the afterlife, if fraud can be ruled out.

I know that there are not many physical mediums working today ( David Thompson is one I know of ) but I was wondering if any posters had any direct experience of this phenomenon.

Dave

IP Logged

betson

Afterlife Knowledge Member

SE USA
Re: Physical Mediumship
Reply #1 - Nov 12th, 2009 at 12:23am

Hi

I don't know of any, nor have I heard it discussed in the last year or two with others on this site- sorry.

Betson

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Shakespeare

IP Logged

heisenberg69

England
Re: Physical Mediumship
Reply #2 - Nov 12th, 2009 at 12:36pm

Thanks Betson,

I thought it was a long shot !

I first learnt of it through the book 'The Scole Experiment' (Grant and Jane Soloman, 1999). The book charts the progress of the Scole goup in England between 1992 and 1998. Reported phenomena included apports (materialised objects), images on unopened film, strange lights, spirit materialisations etc. Three scientific investigators ( Montague Keen, Arthur Ellison and David Fontana) from the Society for Psychical Research came in to look at the sessions from 1995. They found no evidence of fraud. Of course the heyday of physical mediumship was a century ago but there is some still about today.

Also worth checking out:

http://www.zerdinphenomenal.co.uk

Dave

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.