Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Re: Beginners Corner! (Read 11824 times)
DocM

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Re: Beginners Corner!
Reply #30 - Nov 11th, 2009 at 4:42pm

Regarding fear and projecting

In my experience Calypso, the vast majority of people could not hurt themselves by attempting to go out of body or staying out of body too long.  In fact most sources feel that we do this unconsciously when we dream all the time.

Those who have reported back from NDEs and OOBEs sometimes see a cord connecting us to our bodies.  By most reports, as long as we are alive, this cord is unbreakable, and infinitely long.  Thus, the idea that we will float away and not come back is hogwash.  The bonding of you to your physical form is so strong, that it would be laughable to imagine otherwise.  Think about it.  Your soul/mind created and grew your physical body all these years, from the tiniest phase. 

Anyway, the minor warnings that exist have to do with possession and malevolent spirits.  Most cases have involved Ouija board communications, and require us to "invite" the unwanted guess in to use our bodies.  This is what a ouija board does, and why its use is highly discouraged by most mystics. 

When someone projects, setting good intention for the highest good, is usually enough.  Some say a prayer of protection, though again, I think this is unnecessary for 99.999% of the time.

You will find others who disagree with me.  Some see evil, everywhere and fancy themselves spiritual warriors fighting off dark side.  I remember one description where Robert Bruce from Astral Pulse, described how he interceded in a possession and had invited a spirit to inhabit him instead (this is as per my recall of one of Don's posts).  At one point, he had blackouts, and found himself standing by his child's bed with either an axe or some other awful object (I can't remember), and had to work hard to expunge this unwelcome guest from controlling him.  The key thing is not to make an invitation via Ouija board or otherwise in the first place.

But Robert writes books on psychic defense and finds intrusions a lot more often than most of us.  I have yet to see one case of an intrusion like this or hear about it in any of my acquaintences, friends or patients.  So, most people will not encounter these events - ever. 

I believe that being alive in the physical world means that you have thousands of times more control over your body than any immaterial spirit ever could.  This is why the billions of people who project every night during sleep don't encounter problems and wake up the next day.  It is why you should not worry about it.

Some people as I say set intentions for a voyage for the best possible outcome with safety in mind before meditating or, state quite casually while they are relaxing that they will enjoy the experience and be completely safe and protected.  This minor prayer with a definite stating of intent may give a person that tiny bit of extra protection, if there are any concerns.

IP Logged

Beau

Greenville SC
Reply #31 - Nov 11th, 2009 at 5:23pm

I respectfully disagree about oui ja boards. I think they are harmless. It's your own mind you have to look out for, but it's never a bad idea to invite a prayer of protection, just in case cause hey, you hardly every know.

All the world's a stage...whose stage?--that is the question!...or is it the answer...Who is on first.
IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #32 - Nov 11th, 2009 at 9:07pm

I don't know what has been said, but the thing about Ouija boards is that you have to let a spirit have access to your subconscious mind in order for the board to work.

How do you know who you are giving control to?

I doubt that a light being would choose to make contact in such a way.

One night I had an OBE where I flew over a lower realm and felt completely safe, because I knew that the spirits within could leave only if they chose to move on to the light.

Immediately after the OBE ended the thought came into my mind, "sometimes they find their way out when people use ouija boards." I figure there are other ways.

Beau wrote on Nov 11th, 2009 at 5:23pm:
I respectfully disagree about oui ja boards. I think they are harmless. It's your own mind you have to look out for, but it's never a bad idea to invite a prayer of protection, just in case cause hey, you hardly every know.

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #33 - Nov 11th, 2009 at 10:58pm

Some of you might want to keep in mind that there are many levels of the out of body experience, or types of perception.  It seems that the newbie focus in this thread is on but one level of the OBE. 

Also keep in mind that in your attempts to "leave your body", you aren't going to an actual "place".  You are merely going to be experiencing your reality with a type of perception you aren't used to.  And by "your reality" I mean your own consciousness.  What you experience out of body will still be filtered through your perceiver-interpreter, or in other words through your conscious awareness. 

When you go "out of body", you aren't going to be going outside of your conscious awareness or your consciousness.  You won't be actually "going" anywhere.  But you will be able to begin to perceive other parts of your consciousness and other levels of awareness that you aren't used to, or aren't able to, experience during waking reality. 

So, our explorations out there are a way for us to explore these other parts of ourselves.  Our reality, no matter in what form or place we are experiencing it, is our consciousness. 

Author of Persephone's Journey (Amazon.com)

http://www.vickyshort.blogspot.com/
WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Beau

Greenville SC
Reply #34 - Nov 11th, 2009 at 11:27pm

Albert I promise i love ya, but that doesn't fly with me. Who could possibly be in control if not you. If not us, who? And if you say Jeez us you know what I'll say to that.

Jesus was a person of god (g.o.d.) = Jodie for me.
Hey Zeus. Jesu. Whatever, it's just a name and that is an enemy to anyone who doesn't know what's going on. We are one Clan. ouiRone.

E's everything and it can be any letter you like cause it's just a meta for. There is only on or om. There is no off. O = 1, so zero is an illusion. You can't not be in control. The only demons are yours. I can't make it any simpler. We are all persons of Jodie. The O in the middle is the only thing matters. It goes round and round just like me n u.

Yours,
Bo/beau

All the world's a stage...whose stage?--that is the question!...or is it the answer...Who is on first.
IP Logged

Seraphis1

ALK Member

Reply #35 - Nov 11th, 2009 at 11:35pm

[quote author=78535F713C0 link=1257791922/30#30 date=1257972179]Regarding fear and projecting

In my experience Calypso, the vast majority of people could not hurt themselves by attempting to go out of body or staying out of body too long.  In fact most sources feel that we do this unconsciously when we dream all the time.>>

My understanding about real-time-zone projections and Astral projections and staying out a long time has to do with developing skills... the fourth requirement in Robert Bruce's four requirements for o.b.e. is to have enough psychic energy to sustain the state... if you stay out too long in the real-time-zone and use up the available psychic energy it may affect your confidence... but I will ask Robert about this and report back... to you...

<<Anyway, the minor warnings that exist have to do with possession and malevolent spirits.  Most cases have involved Ouija board communications, and require us to "invite" the unwanted guess in to use our bodies.  This is what a ouija board does, and why its use is highly discouraged by most mystics.>>

Robert Bruce says there seems to be a "invite" for discarnate entities to interact with you... so don't invite any being you get a bad vibe from to interact... but... Rosalind McKnight said in a lecture to the Guideline group... there are some pretty nasty characters out there... but, our guides protect us and help us experience only those things we can handle and learn from on a fairly were defined gradient curve... there are lesson to be learned... and we must learn them on our own, but, only to the extent that we are capable of learning... also, remember in your astral form... you are indestructible... 

<<When someone projects, setting good intention for the highest good, is usually enough.  Some say a prayer of protection, though again, I think this is unnecessary for 99.999% of the time.>>

I might ad TMI graduates have the Resonat Energy Balloon as a defense...

IP Logged

Seraphis1

ALK Member

Reply #36 - Nov 12th, 2009 at 10:41am

Hi Gang: Here is Roberts answer as to why a novice does best to take short exit and reentry procedures:

<<Once you exit, your physical body mind begins falling into deeper and deeper levels of sleep. The deeper the sleep the more difficult it is for reintegration to occur.

For obe to happen, the body mind must be asleep or falling asleep. For reintegration to happen, the body mind must be awakening.

In deep sleep, the returning projected double cannot rouse its physical counterpart. Memories of the obe are generally lost.

robert>>

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #37 - Nov 12th, 2009 at 12:19pm

Seraphis, do you have your own goals and intents in mind as far as wanting to learn the OBE?

Author of Persephone's Journey (Amazon.com)

http://www.vickyshort.blogspot.com/
WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Seraphis1

ALK Member

Reply #38 - Nov 12th, 2009 at 2:46pm

Vicky wrote on Nov 12th, 2009 at 12:19pm:
Seraphis, do you have your own goals and intents in mind as far as wanting to learn the OBE? 

Hi Vicky: My job is to do everything I can to get back to my disk... to prepare for escape velocity... I finally picked up the signal and am working hard to follow its dictates... I am one of Curiousity's probes who is ready to return to its origins. How many of us there are out there I don't know... but I am on board for the final exit.

Cheesy

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #39 - Nov 12th, 2009 at 2:47pm

Love you too.

Beau wrote on Nov 11th, 2009 at 11:27pm:
Albert I promise i love ya, but that doesn't fly with me. Who could possibly be in control if not you. If not us, who? And if you say Jeez us you know what I'll say to that.

Jesus was a person of god (g.o.d.) = Jodie for me.
Hey Zeus. Jesu. Whatever, it's just a name and that is an enemy to anyone who doesn't know what's going on. We are one Clan. ouiRone.

E's everything and it can be any letter you like cause it's just a meta for. There is only on or om. There is no off. O = 1, so zero is an illusion. You can't not be in control. The only demons are yours. I can't make it any simpler. We are all persons of Jodie. The O in the middle is the only thing matters. It goes round and round just like me n u.

Yours,
Bo/beau

IP Logged

Calypso

ALK Member

Chicagoland
Reply #40 - Nov 12th, 2009 at 3:47pm

I will answer Vicky's question, too, for whatever it might add to the thread. 

..."do you have your own goals and intents in mind as far as wanting to learn the OBE?"

To experience reality with just my consciousness, and not my body, because if that can happen for me, I will have proved to myself from actual experience that my consciousness might survive the death of my body.  That's my first goal.  Just a little goal!   Smiley

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.