Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Re: Beginners Corner! (Read 11816 times)
DocM

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Re: Beginners Corner!
Reply #15 - Nov 10th, 2009 at 2:36pm

I also find, Seraphis that your tone in your posts gets confrontational and a bit smug.  On the one hand, you don't want experienced board members in on some of your threads to encourage the exchange of newbies views.  On the other, you say that Calypso should gradually come into reading material on projecting using your method the same way that you did.  You emphatically add that Dude's methods might cause frightening sleep paralysis (which is an opinion only a very experienced projector could substantiate).  You imply Dude's advice is not worthwhile or somewhat dangerous. 

You also asked in a thread about entrances into the physical world to back up posters statements with facts and citations only (not conjecture).  I had to smile when I read that one.  My friend, one can give you sources for entering the physical world (The Tibetan book of the Dead, etc.) but in the end, the fact that they are referenced sources doesn't make it any more of a "known" reality vis a vis your question (how do we enter the world with a contract as Monroe described?).

So, I would mellow out.  These forums are perfect for people to state their experiences, their musings, thoughts.  Many of us will cite references or go into detail as to why our experience seems to be verified.  Some will not, but will just "know" that it was true.

We are interested in hearing your opinion, and experience.  In sharing.  Hopefully you will be interested in letting others, like Dude do the same.

Matthew
« Last Edit: Nov 10th, 2009 at 7:31pm by DocM »  

IP Logged

I Am Dude

Reply #16 - Nov 10th, 2009 at 6:50pm

Serapiss

The problem with your approach is that it seems to be rather fear based, and will consequently tend to instill fear in those who believe that you actually know what you're talking about (not that I'm implying you don't, but I get the feeling you may be less knowledgeable than you let on).  I am interested to know the extent of your experience with OBEs.

Not everyone begins projecting with fear based beliefs.  In fact, many may acquire such negative beliefs by reading various sources and taking advice from, well, people like you (no offense), who give advice in an authoritarian manner without the experience to back it up, and put emphasis on negative aspects of the experience. 

When I first began projecting I didn't read one piece of literature on the subject, besides the method of inducing an OBE.  I believe this is one of the main reasons why I succeeded so easily.  I had very little false belief going into the experience, and did not expect anything bad to happen, and therefore nothing bad did happen.  Had someone told me I needed to rid myself of fear and beware of the terrifying state of paralysis, or that it would be damaging to begin projecting "too quickly" (sound familiar?), this itself would have generated fear and stunted my growth and progress.

Being just a beginner yourself, do you really think you are fit to be giving other beginners advice in the authoritarian manner you are?  I recommend offering suggestions based on your personal experience, while realizing that you yourself still have much to learn, not everyone will experience things the way you do, what works for you may not work for others and visa versa, and that with more experience you may change your beliefs about certain ideas you now consider to be "knowns."
« Last Edit: Nov 10th, 2009 at 11:23pm by I Am Dude »  

But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be added unto you.

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #17 - Nov 10th, 2009 at 11:38pm

Dude,

I liked your method, it's simple and makes sense, especially since sufficient rest is key to maintaining focus of intent.

Author of Persephone's Journey (Amazon.com)

http://www.vickyshort.blogspot.com/
WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

I Am Dude

Reply #18 - Nov 10th, 2009 at 11:43pm

Thanks Vicky

The method allows for the ideal state of mind and body for achieving OBEs.  The body is still somewhat tired, allowing for it to sleep easily, and yet the mind is awake and alert, allowing one's consciousness to remain aware as the body goes back to sleep.

But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be added unto you.

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #19 - Nov 10th, 2009 at 11:50pm

Yep.  I often have those surprise mini-OBEs first thing in the morning, not realizing I'm OBE at first, and then I start to get up and realize I wasn't actually awake yet!  I need to put your method into active intent mode so that I can utilize that natural ability and recognize while it's happening.  I cannot tell you how many times I used to wake up being able to see my room clearly and thinking, "Wow, it's so odd how I can see through my sleep mask".  By the time I realized the phenomenon wasn't that I could see through the sleep mask but that I was out of body, I had already managed to wake myself up for real, spoiling the out of body state rather than prolonging it and playing around with it. 

So yeah, really focusing on your intent is so important for those early stages in the morning when your mind is so clear you really can kind of forget a lot of logical things...like duh, you dummy, you're not seeing through your mask, you are OUT OF BODY!   Smiley

Author of Persephone's Journey (Amazon.com)

http://www.vickyshort.blogspot.com/
WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Beau

Greenville SC
Reply #20 - Nov 11th, 2009 at 5:07am

Okay I'm beggin Dude. What is the method? Just point me to it on here as I'm having some difficulty. I'm sure its great way.

All the world's a stage...whose stage?--that is the question!...or is it the answer...Who is on first.
IP Logged

I Am Dude

Reply #21 - Nov 11th, 2009 at 5:38am

Sure buddy.  I'll repost it.

The method which works best for me is the Suneye method, or the sleep/wake/sleep method. What you do is go to sleep for about 5 to 6 hours, then get up and stay awake for an hour, and then go back to sleep while meditating on the goal of leaving your body. 

Set your first alarm for 5-6 hours after you go to bed at night.  As you are going to bed, focus on your third eye chakra and affirm, intend to yourself that you ARE leaving your body.  You ARE projecting.  Be sure to state your affirmations in the present, rather than the future.  Repeat this affirmation until you fall asleep.  When you wake up in 5-6 hours, get up and focus on your goal of leaving your body.  Focus on your intent for the entire hour you are awake.  When you go back to bed, do the same thing you did the night before:  do a third eye meditation while stating your intent to leave your body.  Convince yourself that you ARE leaving your body.  Feel the joy that will come with the experience as if it is happening in that moment.  Do this until you nod out. 

The rest of the process happens naturally.  You will likely either witness your body falling asleep, and then you will separate from it through the natural process, or you will fall asleep momentarily, and wake up as you are separating from your body.

IP Logged

Beau

Greenville SC
Reply #22 - Nov 11th, 2009 at 5:53am

Many thanks Dude, and good luck with your movie. Ron Howard is directing mine. It's kind of an all day long affair 24/7. Is 24 heaven? Well it can be. You're the best, Dude.

All the world's a stage...whose stage?--that is the question!...or is it the answer...Who is on first.
IP Logged

betson

SE USA
Reply #23 - Nov 11th, 2009 at 10:48am

Hi Beau,

Noticing your posting times, (if you got any sleep earlier last evening before waking to post,)  I'd say your consciousness is already in the mode to progress. Your mind wakes up after several hours asleep?  That's a perfect time to go OB! 

Bets

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Shakespeare

IP Logged

Seraphis1

ALK Member

Reply #24 - Nov 11th, 2009 at 11:00am

Just my point of view: This was meant to be a beginners corner... none of us know the psychological make up of the posters... sleep paralysis is not the only thing that can cause problems for novices... I won't go into them... but care must be taken to insure a safe environment for everyone not just the advanced practicianers... that is my opinion... I hope I am entitled to it. What I laid out for calypso was a toe in the water approach... enough underpinning and psychological and emotional support to insulate the beginner from some of the surprising and ominous things that can happen... sorry if you are all offended... by that approach... Embarrassed

Seraphis

IP Logged

Beau

Greenville SC
Reply #25 - Nov 11th, 2009 at 11:27am

I love your opinions, Bets. By all means keep me in check. I sleep about 4.5 or maybe 3 hours the past few daze. Thanks for checking on me.

IP Logged

I Am Dude

Reply #26 - Nov 11th, 2009 at 12:26pm

Seraphis911

I doubt that anyone is offended.  Did you really get that from my post?  Maybe you need to reread it. 

Of course you're entitled to your opinion.  But when you give your opinion as if it is the Word, as if it is the one true path, then this can be very misleading for those looking for help.  And as you can see from my previous post to you, the "emotional and psychological support"  you offered could very well have done more harm than good.  Just keep what I said in mind, that's all.

IP Logged

b2
Ex Member

Reply #27 - Nov 11th, 2009 at 1:36pm

Seraphis1 appears to be making almost identical posts on the Monroe site I just visited, although some have additional information in them. I haven't taken the time to compare the posting times and dates, but they are quite close. The posts are almost identical, as I said, but part of at least one thread on a completely different forum. That explains the 'disconnect' I felt when reading her posts, and the odd tone at times. She is not actually visiting and posting in 'real time', in my opinion, if she is posting on two separate sites. The posts on the Monroe site sometimes have additional information about personal experiences.

Just my momentary observation, with completely neutral thoughts attached.

IP Logged

Seraphis1

ALK Member

Reply #28 - Nov 11th, 2009 at 2:28pm

Quote:
Seraphis1 appears to be making almost identical posts on the Monroe site I just visited, although some have additional information in them. I haven't taken the time to compare the posting times and dates, but they are quite close. The posts are almost identical, as I said, but part of at least one thread on a completely different forum. That explains the 'disconnect' I felt when reading her posts, and the odd tone at times. She is not actually visiting and posting in 'real time', in my opinion, if she is posting on two separate sites. The posts on the Monroe site sometimes have additional information about personal experiences.

Just my momentary observation, with completely neutral thoughts attached.

Hi b2: I'm also posting to Robert Bruce's Hall of Learning in the Graduate program where I am receiving one-on-one tutoring from the great man himself Robert the Bruce... I hope this is okay with you.

Seraphis1

IP Logged

Calypso

ALK Member

Chicagoland
Reply #29 - Nov 11th, 2009 at 3:37pm

Comments above noted.  I will sum them all to mean "don't be scared, even if it feels scary".

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.