Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Re: Beginners Corner! (Read 11800 times)
Seraphis1

ALK Member

Re: Beginners Corner!
Nov 9th, 2009 at 2:38pm

Beginners Corner

If you are a beginner at the art of out-of-body experiences post here with your problems and goals. We may be able to help each other.

Seraphis1

IP Logged

Calypso

ALK Member

Chicagoland
Reply #1 - Nov 9th, 2009 at 3:26pm

Seraphis1,

I have not yet had an out of body experience, at least not that I am aware of.  I have, for a few weeks, been reading some threads here, and have started reading Robert Monroe's "Journeys out of the Body". 

How would you recommend that I begin?  Are there some tools I need to have first, tapes, etc?  Should I complete some reading before I begin?

How did you begin?

IP Logged

Seraphis1

ALK Member

Reply #2 - Nov 9th, 2009 at 4:13pm

Calypso wrote on Nov 9th, 2009 at 3:26pm:
Seraphis1,

I have not yet had an out of body experience, at least not that I am aware of.  I have, for a few weeks, been reading some threads here, and have started reading Robert Monroe's "Journeys out of the Body". 

How would you recommend that I begin?  Are there some tools I need to have first, tapes, etc?  Should I complete some reading before I begin?

How did you begin?

Hi Calypso: “Journeys” is a good start. Start with the fundamentals… Moen is not a good writer to jump in on because of his stream of consciousness style, but, I would recommend start with Voyages into the Unknown then Voyage beyond Doubt… you want to prepare yourself to use Appendix B – How to Eliminate an old or outdated belief?

This is the most fundamental thing you can do… it may be the biggest barrier to projecting… the idea that you might be afraid to do it…

Then, with that under your belt get Robert Bruce’s “Mastering Astral Projection – in 90 days… that is the best start you can make in my opinion.

Seraphis1

IP Logged

george stone

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Reply #3 - Nov 9th, 2009 at 4:25pm

As far as I know,we leave our bodys every night but forget what we experienced.George

IP Logged

Seraphis1

ALK Member

Reply #4 - Nov 9th, 2009 at 5:12pm

george stone wrote on Nov 9th, 2009 at 4:25pm:
As far as I know,we leave our bodys every night but forget what we experienced.George

The literature says projecting is a natural reflex you are right... the astral body (sylvan Muldoon) must leave the body to absorb cosmic energy for the Being to remain alive physically. Doing it consciously is a matter of putting the body asleep and remaining mentally awake...   Cheesy

IP Logged

I Am Dude

Reply #5 - Nov 9th, 2009 at 6:56pm

I have been projecting for about 8 years now- the majority of my explorations occuring within the past 3.  I have tried just about every method under the sun, and there is one that really stands out as the most reliable and effective.

The method which works best for me is the Suneye method, or the sleep/wake/sleep method. What you do is go to sleep for about 5 to 6 hours, then get up and stay awake for an hour, and then go back to sleep while meditating on the goal of leaving your body. 

Set your first alarm for 5-6 hours after you go to bed at night.  As you are going to bed, focus on your third eye chakra and affirm, intend to yourself that you ARE leaving your body.  You ARE projecting.  Be sure to state your affirmations in the present, rather than the future.  Repeat this affirmation until you fall asleep.  When you wake up in 5-6 hours, get up and focus on your goal of leaving your body.  Focus on your intent for the entire hour you are awake.  When you go back to bed, do the same thing you did the night before:  do a third eye meditation while stating your intent to leave your body.  Convince yourself that you ARE leaving your body.  Feel the joy that will come with the experience as if it is happening in that moment.  Do this until you nod out. 

The rest of the process happens naturally.  You will likely either witness your body falling asleep, and then you will separate from it through the natural process, or you will fall asleep momentarily, and wake up as you are separating from your body. 

This is the technique I used to leave my body for the first time back when I was 14, and still works like a charm to this day.

Good luck!

But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be added unto you.

IP Logged

Seraphis1

ALK Member

Reply #6 - Nov 9th, 2009 at 7:08pm

I Am Dude wrote on Nov 9th, 2009 at 6:56pm:
I have been projecting for about 8 years now- the majority of my explorations occuring within the past 3.  I have tried just about every method under the sun, and there is one that really stands out as the most reliable and effective.

The method which works best for me is the Suneye method, or the sleep/wake/sleep method. What you do is go to sleep for about 5 to 6 hours, then get up and stay awake for an hour, and then go back to sleep while meditating on the goal of leaving your body. 

Set your first alarm for 5-6 hours after you go to bed at night.  As you are going to bed, focus on your third eye chakra and affirm, intend to yourself that you ARE leaving your body.  You ARE projecting.  Be sure to state your affirmations in the present, rather than the future.  Repeat this affirmation until you fall asleep.  When you wake up in 5-6 hours, get up and focus on your goal of leaving your body.  Focus on your intent for the entire hour you are awake.  When you go back to bed, do the same thing you did the night before:  do a third eye meditation while stating your intent to leave your body.  Convince yourself that you ARE leaving your body.  Feel the joy that will come with the experience as if it is happening in that moment.  Do this until you nod out. 

The rest of the process happens naturally.  You will likely either witness your body falling asleep, and then you will separate from it through the natural process, or you will fall asleep momentarily, and wake up as you are separating from your body. 

This is the technique I used to leave my body for the first time back when I was 14, and still works like a charm to this day.

Good luck!

My most recent exit that was very nice came with a combination of sleep deprivation and water fasting. But be careful Calyso with avoiding the path I laid out... if you follow my advice you will get Moen's doubt and struggle with what was real and not real... Robert Bruce will give you theory and the most important tool is How to change of eliminate belief systems... go to fast and you could do yourself a lot of damage... take care... these guys forgot how much background they accumulated before the actual exit event... I'm giving you background and theory to bolster the event and support it.

Seraphis1

IP Logged

I Am Dude

Reply #7 - Nov 9th, 2009 at 8:02pm

Sleep deprivation and water fasting are rather extreme.  It is very possible to have regular projections while following a normal, healthy eating and sleeping schedule. 

Calypso

I think it is important to keep an open mind and release expectations.  All you need to do is keep in mind that out of body experiences are a real phenomenon which are natural to every human, and if other people can acheive them, so can you.  I recommend trying my technique until it works- my guess is it will work within a couple days.  See what it is like to leave your body- experience all the sensations and see what kind of reaction you have to them.  You may have no negative reactions whatsoever.  I remember I had very few.  I was a bit cautious and timid at first, but you eventually learn that it is unnecessary to feel this way.  It has been confirmed by many other projectors that the sleep/wake/sleep technique I outlined is the most effective, so give it a shot and let me know how it works out.  Wink

But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be added unto you.

IP Logged

Old Dood

Lansing
Reply #8 - Nov 9th, 2009 at 8:29pm

I got started with this site here: AstralVoyage.com

The lady's name is Anne and her site somehow helped me.
It could be many reasons why her site help me though.
Maybe I was just ready then.
However, I got a good vibe from her and 'trusted her' advice.

Her site was one of the first ones I found on the net...
Did not cost me one penny either.   Cool

You just have to simply request/demand/command that you can 'project' and it will happen at some point.
I did not Ask, Plead, promise to 'Be Good' or any of that.  Grin
I just Willed IT to happen and it did!
Because I KNEW that simply Dreaming is an OBE and since I KNEW that it makes it much easier.

I still think of myself as a n00b though...
I know I would love to meet face to face some of the 'Old Timers' here and on another site I frequent once in a while.

I still say to spend the money on a Digital Hand Recorder.
One that will download to your PC.
Much easier for me anyways to record my dreams and my OBEs right when I wake up.
Much more efficient then fumbling around looking for paper, turning on a light and writing it all down.
I forget things when I just wake up so by having a recorder then those few seconds count.
LINK for Description of Device.

This one even looks to be better then mine (and cheaper then what I paid) but, mine is a few years old now.

IP Logged

Calypso

ALK Member

Chicagoland
Reply #9 - Nov 10th, 2009 at 11:46am

You are all very helpful, thank you very much.  I will continue with my reading as Seraphis suggests, and I will get a hand recorder as Old Dood recommends.  Then, I will get up my courage and try Outofbodydude's technique.

Any other reading recommended?  I'm now reading Frank DeMarco's "The Sphere and the Hologram".  I'm not sure if he goes out of body or not, but he communicates with the upstairs very easily, it seems.  Anyone read his material yet?

IP Logged

Beau

Greenville SC
Reply #10 - Nov 10th, 2009 at 12:31pm

This may seem like I'm an idiot but where can I find Dude's technique? Smiley

All the world's a stage...whose stage?--that is the question!...or is it the answer...Who is on first.
IP Logged

Calypso

ALK Member

Chicagoland
Reply #11 - Nov 10th, 2009 at 12:44pm

6 posts up, the paragraph that starts

"The method which works best for me is the Suneye method ...."

IP Logged

goobygirl

USA
Reply #12 - Nov 10th, 2009 at 12:57pm

I use a microphone for the IPod. It was $19. Another option for recording.

Goobygirl

IP Logged

Seraphis1

ALK Member

Reply #13 - Nov 10th, 2009 at 1:53pm

Calypso wrote on Nov 10th, 2009 at 11:46am:
You are all very helpful, thank you very much.  I will continue with my reading as Seraphis suggests, and I will get a hand recorder as Old Dood recommends.  Then, I will get up my courage and try Outofbodydude's technique.

Any other reading recommended?  I'm now reading Frank DeMarco's "The Sphere and the Hologram".  I'm not sure if he goes out of body or not, but he communicates with the upstairs very easily, it seems.  Anyone read his material yet?

Hi Calypso: Dude is one of those guys who will take a child out into the middle of the lake and throw him/her in and say swim you can do it.

Well now I am force to jump you over material you should gradually come to in reading… but, if you use dude’s method… you may find yourself in sleep paralysis which is the most frightening thing a novice can encounter… here is what you do…

1. Stay calm.
Understand this is a good thing… it means your astral body is traveling or charging up. Ideally if you have presents of mind call to it and ask… “where are you astral body”… if you get an answer… shift your point-of-consciousness into it and you will be in an o.b.e… but, you should not attempt to stay out of your body for long periods in the beginning… you should return to your body, relax and try again… repeating in short stays outside… get the feel of it…
     2.  If you are not up to communicating with
             your astral body and want to get pulled   
             together, Robert Monroe suggests
             moving a big toe… or a little finger… any
             movement you can accomplish will
             cause the astral body to return.

Seraphis1

IP Logged

b2
Ex Member

Reply #14 - Nov 10th, 2009 at 2:13pm

Seraphis1, I don't see Out of Body Dude that way at all.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.