Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Letter to an atheist by Alan McDougall (Read 13413 times)
Alan McDougall

South Africa
Letter to an atheist by Alan McDougall
Nov 2nd, 2009 at 4:24am

A letter to an atheist by Alan McDougall

Is there a reason for living that goes beyond that of our earthly mortal life on earth? I say there is, how you can be so sure that there beyond life. Why not just try to consider that there just might be a god.

Life after death is unfortunately something neither I nor someone else can ever prove to, I, however, strongly believe we continue to exist in some form or other in dimensions of purpose, reason, beauty and that our consciousness continues to exist eternally after death. Otherwise our earthly fleeting life is nothing but a cruel joke of nature

Have you ever thought that to be an absolute atheist takes more faith and is more difficult to rationalize than one like me who believes there is a creator? How could nothing evolve from nothing and become everything?

This logic demands that dark nothing morphed into everything, nothing created energy time matter and finally life out of inanimate energy. I see this as a ridiculous assumption; I am left to believe that all existence including mysterious life evolved without reason or purpose. Do you really believe this as a fact?

Let us consider, what life is, how could the unimaginable almost infinitely complex molecule DNA of life came into existence so quickly in relation to cosmological time. Life existed on the primordial earth just a moment after its creation, again in cosmological time?

The universe is unimaginable complex and sustains itself by exact precise fundamental constants, if this harmony differed in the infinitesimal fraction we would simply not exist; indeed the earth itself would not exist.

A billion trillion googolplex monkeys typing for eternity would not produce even one of Shakespeare sonnets. Another analogy, if we took a billion airplanes, filled them with water, concrete and bricks and dumped the whole continuously on the earth for a billion years, would it magically and randomly form the beautiful Taj Mahal or the Sydney Opera house?

But you insist I must accept the beautiful universe a of unimaginable precision came into existence this illogical way

When life needs to evolve due to changing circumstances, does it tell itself to alter its own DNA for the new conditions or could there be a watch maker resetting the watch

I see god adjusting the DNA overlooking his own creation if you like

Our breathtaking beautiful is expanding and anything that expands must have a beginning. Can you prove there is no god of course you can’t, can I of course I can’t, but at least I can offer circumstantial evidence...

Atheism is a faith belief system just like anything that requires belief without evidence.

As an amateur astronomer leaves me with an unshakable belief that am awesome intellect created the universe and everything else

Look out the sparking water that quenches your thirst, the fruit that feeds you, and invigorated your body. There is beauty everywhere and you must search for real ugliness. Go outside on a moonless night and reflect on the wonder of the cosmos that sparkles above you. the great snow capped mountains and streams, the blue sky and the rise of the sun at dawn and its golden glow as it sets. In the early morning go and listen to the sounds of nature, birds chirping like tiny electrons in the mind of god. The wind that you breathe the precious nourishment supplied by mother earth.

Then explain to me how chance can bring this all about. To me there is a wonderful creative behind all this glory if only we would look at it.

Like all things the universe has a beginning and this demands a creator, for nothing can exist with a prime cause. The universe will end but for that we will just have to wait

Even atheistic scientists say our universe is precise, ordered with beautiful mathematical constants. One great astronomer said the universe was less like a great well oiled machine and more like a beautiful ongoing thought

I believe in God, what you believe is your right but to me a godless creation is bleak and cold

What do you people believe, No god or God??????????????????????????????

Blessings and Light

Alan McDougall
WWW <a href= <a href=  
IP Logged

supermodel

Indiana
Re: Letter to an atheist by Alan McDougall
Reply #1 - Nov 2nd, 2009 at 10:39pm

No god and creation is just as beautiful and wonderful to me as it is to you. Smiley

And I'm sorry atheism is NOT a belief system because it is an absence of a belief system.

Supermodel....

IP Logged

DocM

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Reply #2 - Nov 2nd, 2009 at 11:01pm

Atheism is, of course a belief system.  A belief that there is no God, or deities leads many atheists to believe that there is nothing but the physical world.  Afterlife exploration has shown that there is an atheist realm of "soul statues."  People who believe so completely that there is no God, and no heaven/afterlife, that they believe death is nonexistence.

Thus, when these atheists die, they appear as inanimate statues.  Because their lack of belief is a belief system.  They believe that after the physical world there is nothing, or that death is a "sleep."  They appear motionless and lifeless in the spiritual realms.  They stay that way, by their own misguided will power and beliefs for centuries/eons.   

As per your belief it is done unto you.

Matthew

IP Logged

supermodel

Indiana
Reply #3 - Nov 2nd, 2009 at 11:30pm

Atheism is NOT a belief system. It is a lack of a belief.It would be a belief system if atheism were defined as "the belief that there are no deities", but that is in an incorrect definition.

Atheism is simply "non-theism" (the two are synonymous). Therefore, all that is required to be an atheist is NOT to be a theist. Since theism is the belief in deities, atheism is merely the lack of belief in deities.

I know that there is an afterlife and I am an atheist.  Explain that one. I don't have to believe in god to accept the fact that there is an afterlife.

Supermodel....

IP Logged

DocM

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Reply #4 - Nov 2nd, 2009 at 11:47pm

Supermodel,

Most atheists specifically do not believe in God, not just deities in general.  Since afterlife belief usually implies an immortal soul, and since many afterlife explorers have confirmed that there is a divinity (albeit in a way many of us cannot understand while incarnate), I am not sure how you became an atheist who believes in the afterlife - it certainly would be interesting to hear your beliefs.

For many atheists, the lack of belief in God, overall leads to a belief in science and man in the physical world.  This is why, afterlife explorers (including Bruce Moen),  have encountered atheists in these lifeless soul statues - since they believed that death was non-existence.

From what I have seen, as well as others on this site, it appears that the driving force of the universe, heaven and earth, is love.  Many, even non-religious people have found that God is the source of this love.  Our own post-mortem fate may, to a large extent be based on how loving we have become, and our beliefs. 

I would say, keep an open mind.  If you believe in love and the afterlife, you may be very different than most atheists in a number of fundamental ways.

Matthew

IP Logged

supermodel

Indiana
Reply #5 - Nov 2nd, 2009 at 11:50pm

Smiley

Supermodel....

IP Logged

I Am Dude

Reply #6 - Nov 2nd, 2009 at 11:52pm

Well, if you do not believe in deities, then you BELIEVE that there are no deities.  If you don't believe in something, it can also be said that you BELIEVE in the nonexistence of that thing.  The belief in the nonexistence of deities may be one belief in a pool of other beliefs regarding the afterlife, rather than it being an entire belief system in itself- but a belief it is.

But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be added unto you.

IP Logged

supermodel

Indiana
Reply #7 - Nov 3rd, 2009 at 12:09am

Ok.....

It takes no faith to not believe in something. Do you know what the definition of faith is? It is believing in something in the absence of evidence. In other words, it's the opposite of coming to a conclusion based on something real and tangible. The non-existence of something is not a belief.

Supermodel....

IP Logged

supermodel

Indiana
Reply #8 - Nov 3rd, 2009 at 12:14am

If absence of belief is belief
then not collecting stamps is a hobby,
and not playing tennis is a sport....

That's the best way I can describe it...but no atheism is not a belief...it is not a belief system.

It is the ABSENCE of a belief

Supermodel....

IP Logged

Mark Andrew

Indiana
Reply #9 - Nov 3rd, 2009 at 1:11am

supermodel wrote on Nov 3rd, 2009 at 12:09am:
Ok.....

It takes no faith to not believe in something. Do you know what the definition of faith is? It is believing in something in the absence of evidence.

Exactly, there is no evidence that there cannot be an all-powerful entity who is/was involved in the creation of all that exists, hence it is a belief to make up your mind that there isn't one.

There may well not be a God.  But we, collectively, can't know it one way or the other so long as we are ignorant of any given aspects of existence and its origin.

Lack of belief one way or the other would lead one to something closer to agnosticism or ignosticism.

To declare the absence of something that many believe in (and not all of them on blind faith alone; logic and/or personal experience plays a role) requires faith.

IP Logged

Alan McDougall

South Africa
Reply #10 - Nov 3rd, 2009 at 3:51am

DocM wrote on Nov 2nd, 2009 at 11:01pm:
Atheism is, of course a belief system.  A belief that there is no God, or deities leads many atheists to believe that there is nothing but the physical world.  Afterlife exploration has shown that there is an atheist realm of "soul statues."  People who believe so completely that there is no God, and no heaven/afterlife, that they believe death is nonexistence.

Thus, when these atheists die, they appear as inanimate statues.  Because their lack of belief is a belief system.  They believe that after the physical world there is nothing, or that death is a "sleep."  They appear motionless and lifeless in the spiritual realms.  They stay that way, by their own misguided will power and beliefs for centuries/eons.   

As per your belief it is done unto you.

Matthew

Matthew now that is an interested observation, we go where we insist to go, so those that love the idea of hell just might put themselves there

Alan

Blessings and Light

Alan McDougall
WWW <a href= <a href=  
IP Logged

I Am Dude

Reply #11 - Nov 3rd, 2009 at 4:34am

Supermodel

Let's get to the root of what we are discussing.  Is atheism a belief or not a belief?  Is not believing in something different than believing in something? 

A belief is a psychological state in which one holds an idea to be valid. 

Atheists hold the idea that "deities do not exist" to be true.  There is no difference from "not believing in deities" and "believing that there are no deities."  They are just different ways to say the same thing.  This is simply common sense, and hopefully the conclusion of this discussion. 

It is invalid to compare beliefs to sports and hobbies.  They are totally different concepts. 

You have faith that there exists no deities, for you have no evidence to support this idea.  But it IS an idea which you hold as VALID, and this is what a belief is my friend.

You are confusing yourself by using negatives in your wording, rather than positives.  For example, I can say, "I don't believe Michael Jackson is dead."  This is no different from saying, "I believe Michael Jackson is alive."  They are both the same exact thing, just worded differently.  Both are ideas which one holds as valid.  "I don't believe that Michael Jackson is dead- I believe Michael Jackson is alive."  "I don't believe that deities are real- I believe that deities are fake."  Same thing.

But no biggie- just sharing what most would agree is common sense.  Cheesy

But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be added unto you.

IP Logged

supermodel

Indiana
Reply #12 - Nov 3rd, 2009 at 9:57am

Ok.

Go tell an atheist that....

"If the believer responds that the atheist is expressing belief, namely belief that all existents necessarily furnish evidence of their existence, we might ask him whether he believes in dragons or Santa Claus. The answer is almost certain to be no. On what grounds does the religious believer deny the existence of dragons? If absence of evidence allows the existence of God why does it not also allow the existence of dragons, fairies at the bottom of the garden, the Cheshire Cat, Santa Claus and all other entities dreamed up by poets, novelists, science fiction writers and so on?"

"The average theologian (there are exceptions, of course) uses "atheist" to mean a person who denies the existence of a God. Even an atheist would agree that some atheists (a small minority) would fit this definition. However, most atheists would stongly dispute the adequacy of this definition. Rather, they would hold that an atheist is a person without a belief in God. The distiniction is small but important. Denying something means that you have knowledge of what it is that you are being asked to affirm, but that you have rejected that particular concept. To be without a belief in God merely means that the term "god" has no importance, or possibly no meaning, to you. Belief in God is not a factor in your life. Surely this is quite different from denying the existence of God. Atheism is not a belief as such. It is the lack of belief. "

Is "atheist" a bad word around here?

NOTE: I quoted some atheists here because this is the response you will get if you tell an atheist that atheism is a belief. It is not. It is lack of belief.

Supermodel....

IP Logged

supermodel

Indiana
Reply #13 - Nov 3rd, 2009 at 9:59am

I Am Dude wrote on Nov 3rd, 2009 at 4:34am:
Supermodel

It is invalid to compare beliefs to sports and hobbies.  They are totally different concepts. 

How is it invalid?

Supermodel....

IP Logged

supermodel

Indiana
Reply #14 - Nov 3rd, 2009 at 10:07am

Supermodel....

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.