Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print
The problem with writers before Monroe and Moen! (Read 25173 times)
Lights of Love

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Re: The problem with writers before Monroe and Moen!
Reply #75 - Nov 23rd, 2009 at 5:30pm

I haven't read all of the posts here, but from what I have read I'm in agreement with Matthew.  Thinking this same thing was discussed on another thread a few months ago.

Kathy

Tread softly through life with a tender heart and a gentle, understanding spirit.

IP Logged

I Am Dude

Reply #76 - Nov 23rd, 2009 at 6:37pm

Matthew

Here is a direct quote from Heaven and Hell, one which I am referring to in my previous post:

(page 363) "we remain the same forever in regard to our volition or dominant love"

Swedenborg says that if our dominant love is love of self, we end up in a hell.  And he says that our dominant love never changes.  So put two and two together, and we have a false belief.

It's great to see that in other works he finds that retrievals from Hell are possible, and that it is possible to change one's inner nature.  Of course, this is a blatant contradiction to what he says in Heaven and Hell.  Perhaps his beliefs on this subject changed as he gained more experience and learned deeper truths. 
« Last Edit: Nov 23rd, 2009 at 8:34pm by I Am Dude »  

But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be added unto you.

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #77 - Nov 23rd, 2009 at 7:11pm

I read on more than one place in heaven in hell where he said something that made the point that some people end up in hell forever. I don't know why these words are being disregarded. If he wrote them, them he wrote them.

I Am Dude wrote on Nov 23rd, 2009 at 6:37pm:
Mattew

Here is a direct quote from Heaven and Hell, one which I am referring to in my previous post:

(page 363) "we remain the same forever in regard to our volition or dominant love"

Swedenborg says that if our dominant love is love of self, we end up in a hell.  And he says that our dominant love never changes.  So put two and two together, and we have a false belief.

It's great to see that in other works he finds that retrievals from Hell are possible, and that it is possible to change one's inner nature.  Of course, this is a blatant contradiction to what he says in Heaven and Hell.  Perhaps his beliefs on this subject changed as he gained more experience and learned deeper truths. 

IP Logged

I Am Dude

Reply #78 - Nov 23rd, 2009 at 8:45pm

It's true.  He said it and that's that.  What he says is generally straight forward, and although much of what he says can be interpreted to fit more advanced concepts which we have come to understand in these modern times which were unknown back in his time, I don't believe this one applies.  It is possible for him to accurately understand and describe certain aspects of the afterlife, and fall short of truth on others.  Not everyone has a crystal clear interpreter or a perfect TOE. 

But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be added unto you.

IP Logged

I Am Dude

Reply #79 - Nov 23rd, 2009 at 9:10pm

Doc

Quote:
A great deal of experience has also convinced me that after death we
remain the same forever in regard to our volition or dominant love . I have
been allowed to talk with some people who lived more than two thousand
years ago, people whose lives are described in history books and are
therefore familiar. I discovered that they were still the same, just as described,
including the love that was the source and determinant of their
lives.

There were others who had lived seventeen centuries ago, also
known from history books, and some who had lived four centuries ago,
some three, and so on, with whom I was also allowed to talk and to
learn that the same affection still governed within them. The only difference
was that the pleasures of their love had been changed into corresponding
ones.

Angels have told me that the life of our dominant love never changes
for anyone to all eternity because we are our love, so to change it in any
spirit would be to take away and snuff out his or her life.

They have also told me that this is because after death we can no
longer be reformed by being taught the way we could in this world, since
the outmost level, made up of natural insights and affections, is then dormant
and cannot be opened because it is not spiritual (see above, §464).
The deeper functions of our mind or spirit rest on this level the way a
house rests on its foundation, which is why we do stay forever like the life
of our love in the world.

(Heaven and Hell page 366)

You must admit, there are fundamental flaws in this line of thinking, and obviously in his experiences as well.  He claims "angels"  say that one's inner nature is unchangeable, but I don't believe a true angel would be this deluded or misleading.  Perhaps the beings he communicates with are not really angels, and the "heaven" he experiences is a hollow heaven, a grand belief system territory.  Or maybe he just skews the information he receives to fit his beliefs.  Either way, this is a major flaw, and should not be overlooked.

IP Logged

DocM

Reply #80 - Nov 23rd, 2009 at 9:56pm

Dude,

I can not say that I agree with ES, although I haven't had discussions with deceased people from thousands of years ago. 

To me, however, he is saying we have each, individually a primary love which we follow, which does not have to be evil or good.  In fact if the form of love is applied in a loving manner, it may lead to spiritual growth, if it is applied toward selfish or sadistic ends, it can lead us toward a hell.

Let us say our primary love is to solve puzzling situations.  One can imagine following this toward either loving ends, or unloving ones.  There is nothing wrong in acknowledging that we may have a primary love to our personality that persists indefinitely.  This, by no means indicates that we won't have secondary loves.  Thus the person who enjoys solving puzzles - figuring out what makes things tick, may also love God and other people.  However, when ES peered into the persons nature, he saw the primary love first.  He would look at a Julius Caeser, and find that when he died, his love of power over others persisted for centuries in the afterlife.  Or perhaps that a famous lover such as Paris from the Trojan war, persisted in following his lusts and narcissism after he died. 

What ES says, is not different from what many afterlife sources say.  Many sources point to the fact that spiritual growth occurs much more rapidly on earth, where we have our interior love under control and being modified by our exterior mask of society.    ES is sort of saying the same thing, only he says that without our exterior masks, we stay with our primary love.  But I feel that he was saying more that we follow this primary love and change it less and in different ways once we are dead. 

I think I "get" his point, but don't necessarily agree with it all.  I think ES does speak of people leaving hells, as I documented, as so he is inconsistent and perhaps conflicted himself. 

Matthew

IP Logged

Seraphis1

ALK Member

Reply #81 - Nov 24th, 2009 at 12:55am

Hi All: As I began to get the feedback on my narrow view point... I began to realize that the real criteria for evaluating metaphysical writers is "direct" experience... for example Sylvan Muldoon and Oliver Fox... both were prolific astral travelers in the real-time zone... Muldoon was more analytical and got it all quite right, right down to affirmations and the subconscious' roll in bringing about conscious projections. Monroe and Moen however refined his work and extended it... but, I think both Monroe and Moen may have owed much of their refinement of the mechanics to having ready access to Muldoon... but, I don't know this for sure... but, how could Monroe or Moen have avoided Muldoon...??  Cool

Seraphis1

IP Logged

I Am Dude

Reply #82 - Nov 24th, 2009 at 1:00am

Ok.  I believe I initially misunderstood what he was saying.  I thought he was saying that our inner state of "good" or "evil" never changes.  Rather, what he is saying is that our deepest passions never change.  I suppose what is important is whether we seek out to fulfill these passions in a loving way or a selfish way.

IP Logged

Seraphis1

ALK Member

Reply #83 - Nov 24th, 2009 at 1:12am

DocM wrote on Nov 23rd, 2009 at 9:56pm:
Dude,

I can not say that I agree with ES, although I haven't had discussions with deceased people from thousands of years ago. 

To me, however, he is saying we have each, individually a primary love which we follow, which does not have to be evil or good.  In fact if the form of love is applied in a loving manner, it may lead to spiritual growth, if it is applied toward selfish or sadistic ends, it can lead us toward a hell.

Let us say our primary love is to solve puzzling situations.  One can imagine following this toward either loving ends, or unloving ones.  There is nothing wrong in acknowledging that we may have a primary love to our personality that persists indefinitely.  This, by no means indicates that we won't have secondary loves.  Thus the person who enjoys solving puzzles - figuring out what makes things tick, may also love God and other people.  However, when ES peered into the persons nature, he saw the primary love first.  He would look at a Julius Caeser, and find that when he died, his love of power over others persisted for centuries in the afterlife.  Or perhaps that a famous lover such as Paris from the Trojan war, persisted in following his lusts and narcissism after he died. 

What ES says, is not different from what many afterlife sources say.  Many sources point to the fact that spiritual growth occurs much more rapidly on earth, where we have our interior love under control and being modified by our exterior mask of society.    ES is sort of saying the same thing, only he says that without our exterior masks, we stay with our primary love.  But I feel that he was saying more that we follow this primary love and change it less and in different ways once we are dead. 

I think I "get" his point, but don't necessarily agree with it all.  I think ES does speak of people leaving hells, as I documented, as so he is inconsistent and perhaps conflicted himself. 

Matthew

Hi Matthew: One of the reasons spiritual growth is not as effective in the astral is the fact that you cannot met anyone who hates you in the astral... according to Monroe/Moen... this means the clash and contrast of interaction that one encounters in the physical plane is missing in the astral...

If I have it right from Moen... the Hells are very specifically structured... thieves met other thieves and encounter thieves who are better at thieving than they are... etc... that is why it is a Hell... one is always being beaten at one's own game... in a never ending cycle... it is also the way out... when a retriever uses that frustration to turn a thief... that is the beginning of moving out of that Hell to focus 27 and another way of life....

the Hollow Heavens are closed end structures which mirror the earthly dogmas and if the individual awakens to a different concept by either retrievers or personal discoveries and is vocal in their variation in dogma... they get banished into darkness... by the arbitors of that particular Hollow Heaven... that is my take...

I haven't read ES in years so I don't know exactly what he wrote in this light... whoever is familiar with the exact ES belief might post it here...

Seraphis1

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #84 - Nov 24th, 2009 at 1:38pm

Why would spirits in a thief's hell have to steal, if they could simply create what they want? Do you steal astral creations from each other? Does money have anything to do with an astral realm?

IP Logged

DocM

Reply #85 - Nov 24th, 2009 at 1:50pm

I do not believe the free creation we see in focus 27 is available at all levels.  People in hells follow their passions.  If a passion/love is theft, then scenarios are conncocted to steal and covet.  Yet I very much doubt that those in the hell materialize anything out of thin air.  Rather, it is a bunch of like minded people playing within an agreed upon matrix.

My thoughts anyway.

M

IP Logged

Seraphis1

ALK Member

Reply #86 - Nov 24th, 2009 at 3:50pm

recoverer wrote on Nov 24th, 2009 at 1:38pm:
Why would spirits in a thief's hell have to steal, if they could simply create what they want? Do you steal astral creations from each other? Does money have anything to do with an astral realm?

Hi Recoverer: My understanding of the Hell's is that they are a fixation that creates a specific kind of environment... it apparently works like the belief systems... i.e... if you believe you must steal to exist... you create an environment in which you MUST steal to exist... and if your game is putting one over on an adversary... you will create an adversary to... spar with... that seems to be the mechanics of it... A famous 19th century con man... Berstein I think his name was... is said to have been anything he wanted to be in the legitimate world... but he loved the art of the con... Huh

Seraphis1

IP Logged

Bruce Moen
YaBB Administrator

YaBB Admin Land
Reply #87 - Nov 24th, 2009 at 4:14pm

Seraphis1 wrote on Nov 24th, 2009 at 12:55am:
but, I don't know this for sure... but, how could Monroe or Moen have avoided Muldoon...??  Cool

Seraphis1,

Who is Muldoon?

Bruce

IP Logged

Seraphis1

ALK Member

Reply #88 - Nov 24th, 2009 at 7:26pm

Bruce Moen wrote on Nov 24th, 2009 at 4:14pm:
Seraphis1 wrote on Nov 24th, 2009 at 12:55am:
but, I don't know this for sure... but, how could Monroe or Moen have avoided Muldoon...??  Cool

Seraphis1,

Who is Muldoon?

Bruce

Hi Bruce: Guess I got that wrong... when I was in Monroe's house for Guidelines... I found a hole world of books on o.b.e. very old and probably very valuable... but, Sylvan Muldoon was the the premier writer on real-time-zone... projection... a prolific traveler... The Projection of the Astral Body by Slyvan Muldoon and Carrington... still in print from 1927. In Voyage Beyond Doubt you suggest you read broadly on the subject... Muldoon was the most accurate and analytically correct writer whose work still holds up... he wrote a second book with Carrington where he describes how to go about helping people out of their bodies in training groups..

Sorry if I got that wrong.  Smiley

Seraphis1

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.