Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 6
Send Topic Print
The problem with writers before Monroe and Moen! (Read 25159 times)
Seraphis1

ALK Member

The problem with writers before Monroe and Moen!
Nov 1st, 2009 at 1:26pm

The problem with writers before Monroe and Moen

I have come to the conclusion that if you are a serious student of metaphysics and cosmology you must be thoroughly steeped in Monroe and Moen… (I would include Robert Bruce because as a practical theoretician he has no peer) together they are the Rosetta Stone templates of the field. I say this in all seriousness because using these two writer’s complete works you can evaluate all other works as to authenticity and accuracy of observation.

The reason for this is the two mind functions that control understanding… Moen ~ Voyages into the Unknown p. 134 to p 144.

Moen discovers the Perceiver and the Interpreter and how they work. The most important of these is the Interpreter… because every mystic’s work before Monroe and Moen will be limited by the Interpreter’s ‘known’ in the memory bank of established data.

Swedenborg goes wrong:

Excerpted: berserk2…

Emanuel Swedenborg is the astral explorer with the best verifications.  ES was initially convinced that he was recalling his past lives during astral exploration.  But when he ascended to the higher heavens, his guide warned him that these were not past lives, but rather undetected possessing spirits.  It is well known that the memories of such spirits are mistakenly experienced as if they were those of the astral traveler.  Then ES's guide descended with him to a reincarnationist hollow heaven and offered to demonstrate to its denizens that their reincarnation beliefs were mistaken.

Swedenborg and his guide get’s this wrong because the guide is only half right. Yes, the resonating past life contains a possessing spirit. But, the spirit is not a demon or a unique entity… it is a split-phantom… you the spiritual being is capable of splitting into many parts, you may be able to split into infinite numbers of parts… I am not sure and Monroe and Moen don’t discuss this to my knowledge… but, be that as it may the spiritual entity leaves behind a phantom in serious unresolved past life incidents… such as long lingering, painful deaths. Monroe left three behind which he retrieved. To date Moen left only one phantom which caused his present life sarcoidosis (now cured by the way).

This does not mean that there are not undetected possessing spirits, it only means that one must drop the broad rule and keep an open mind and take every situation on a case by case basis. The key to the whole thing is the scientific method… find a way to test the concept… TMI’s method is build from strong reverse engineering principles and direct experience. The test of any material that you read revolves around the question of… is it speculation or direct experience and most importantly has it been tested in some way. Just because the material comes from a channeled source doesn’t mean the channeled source has it right. Or that the channeler has a broad enough “known data” base with which to communicate.

Smiley

IP Logged

Beau

Greenville SC
Re: The problem with writers before Monroe and Moen!
Reply #1 - Nov 1st, 2009 at 10:12pm

I don't disagree with anything you wrote up there, but I would have to put Thomas Campbell in the mix with Moen and Monroe. His trilogy gave me the perspective I have always craved for understanding exactly what Bruce and Bob are about. Campbell takes much of the subjectivity out of the subject if such a thing could ever be possible. Now Moen and Monroe have far more meaning for me than before.

All the world's a stage...whose stage?--that is the question!...or is it the answer...Who is on first.
IP Logged

Berserk2

Reply #2 - Nov 1st, 2009 at 10:30pm

Seraphis, it's interesting how you pontificate on the basis of limited reading.  It is obvious that you have read neither Swedenborg's "Heaven and Hell," nor Wilson Van Dusen's commentary on ES's life, "The Presence of Other Worlds." If you had, you'd realize that ES's verifications are far more impressive than any modern adept.  Or can it actually be that you don't want your New Age dogmas to be confused by actual verifications?  Posters should notice that Seraphis makes no actual attempt to critically engage ES's reversal of his prior reincarnationism based on discoveries in higher heavenly realms.  I guess all Fundmentalists, (New Age or otherwise) deem it sufficient to cite chapter and verse, or page number in their limited authoritative sources.  Sigh!

Don

IP Logged

goobygirl

USA
Reply #3 - Nov 1st, 2009 at 10:41pm

so?

Goobygirl

IP Logged

I Am Dude

Reply #4 - Nov 2nd, 2009 at 12:12am

All the verifications in the world will not support the validity of Swedenbarf's experiences in higher realms, unless those verfications verfy his actual findings in those realms.  Until we are provided with verification of his findings on reincarnation, it is just another possibility in a sea of other possibilities.  Swedenbogus did not have an infallible belief system, and so as our experiences are filtered through our belief systems, it is possible that certain information he recieved was distorted.  Apparently he was open enough to recieve information which went against his beliefs about reincarnation.  However, it is possible that this information was distorted to fit his limited view of the nature of reincarnation.  In other words, I doubt Swedenbooger understood the idea of reincarnation in the nonlinear sense of the higher self's simultaneous incarnations.  Perhaps this is actually what his guide told him, and being that he had no accurate concept or mental representation of what was being explained, Swedenbiotch translated the information into the closest thing he could conceptualize.

But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be added unto you.

IP Logged

DocM

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Reply #5 - Nov 2nd, 2009 at 12:48am

Dude,

"Swedenbarf" and "Swedenbogus" and "Swedenbiotch?"   You are showing your youth and level of maturity, by demeaning one of the most insightful and educated and by all reports good-natured men of his time.  Have you read any of his writings?  If you did, and could understand that he was not putting through some standard church dogma, you'd be singing a different tune.

He had one of the most brilliant, systematic and logical minds of his time (or any other), had numerous inventions and patents prior to his spiritual phase which rivaled other  great minds/thinkers such as Davinci and Gallileo.  But most importantly, his quest for knowledge was without preconceived notions.  Unlike the church of his time, he was told, most emphatically by deceased people, that those who believe in a holy trinity but do not understand the unity that is God, just don't get it, and don't move on until they do.  Many considered this to be heresy at that time and place, and some wanted him tried for heretical writings. 

This is not to say that Swedenborg (please take note of the correct spelling), did not have belief systems, however, he was open minded.  Read what he has to say about time and space in heaven.  He said  that those spirits he conversed with could not understand linnear time as we do on earth.  For them, it was only understood as a change of state (from one state to another), but time did not exist for them.  Likewise, he described the difference in terms of space and distance in heaven.  What he found was that distance/space really depended on thought.  Bring someone to your mind, and it brought them to you.  Distance was not a factor (it was instantaneous), merely a property of thought in the spiritual realms.   In understanding and writing all this information, he had to have no preset expectations, otherwise he would not have come up with these concepts most foreign to his century (remember, he was born in the 1600s). 

The idea that metaphysical writers before Monroe and Moen are flawed without their understanding and experience is absurd.  There were profound metaphysical writings over thousands of years, and I would venture to say, it would take the better part of a lifetime to go through and understand a fraction of what is out there.

What strikes me as laughable is how some readers and members on the board fall into their own belief systems when it suits them, and then criticize others for not recognizing their systems.  The theory of the disc, and probes is quite interesting, but it is a set of ideas or beliefs.  In some ways, I see the disc theory as a step backward because it still separates us from God and the divine by an intermediary, step - the disc or oversoul (which is not God, but a complex structure closer on the metaphysical chain to God or "all that is"). 

The theory of simultaneous incarnations directed by a disc is also just that - and while I like to run hypothetical scenarios by my own thought process too, I think it would be presumptuous to say that this is truly the way things work.

Of course the reincarnation issue is not settled, and will not be by mere debate.  In one sense, we all will find the answer upon our demise, if we keep our conscious memories. 

Don is merely pointing out that many take the reincarnationalist view for granted, without considering that those who experience past lives may be merging with the memories of another in a mental realm, where such transference of thought is thorough and common (read up on TMI versions of "thought balls").

Matthew

IP Logged

I Am Dude

Reply #6 - Nov 2nd, 2009 at 2:24am

Matthew

Quote:
"Swedenbarf" and "Swedenbogus" and "Swedenbiotch?"   You are showing your youth and level of maturity, by demeaning one of the most insightful and educated and by all reports good-natured men of his time. 

You forgot "Swedenbooger."  Relax man, I'm just having some fun.  I remember inventing these names for Swedenborg a couple years ago during a debate with Don, and I thought it would be funny to resurrect them.  I actually respect ES, and me calling him "Swedenbarf" is as meaningless as me calling Robert Monroe "Robert Moron," for the words are hollow and do not reflect my true feelings.  It's funny, the reactions to silly things like this. 

Quote:
Have you read any of his writings?  If you did, and could understand that he was not putting through some standard church dogma, you'd be singing a different tune.

It's funny, as I was writing my post, I began thinking.. man, I really gotta get around to buying some of ES's books.  I acknowledge that he was a great explorer, and understand that he wasn't preaching church dogma. 

What I am trying to say is that just like everyone else in this system of consciousness, his experiences were to an extent colored by his beliefs, and perhaps some of his interpretations were slightly skewed, as in the case of his findings on reincarnation.  I believe he misinterpreted the idea that the memories were those of a possessing spirit.  I believe the memories were most likely from another individual connected to him through his higher self, and this connection was mistaken for possession.  I am not saying that this is definitely the case, but it is definitely a possibility.  Of course, it is also possible that he was in fact simply experiencing another random individual's memories, an individual with no strong connection to himself.  However, this still does not negate the reality of reincarnation.  It simply means these particular individuals were not ES's reincarnational selves.

But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be added unto you.

IP Logged

Seraphis1

ALK Member

Reply #7 - Nov 2nd, 2009 at 2:28am

hi all: sorry if i upset people... the detractors miss the point... which was that the "knowns" in the interpreters memory bank controls the quality of the information coming across into physical reality... this was not a personal attack on anyone.

Smiley

IP Logged

goobygirl

USA
Reply #8 - Nov 2nd, 2009 at 2:46am

Well I kinda like what Frank Kepple says about a person's life happening simultaneously over all time periods at once so that it looks like reincarnation but it's actually different parts of a soul group experiencing life all at once (or something like that).

Whether reincarnation happens or not is really not important compared to developing one's self spiritually.

I personally believe in reincarnation as much as my little linear brain can comprehend it. I didn't invent anything either, but I don't have to write a dozen books on my belief for my own spiritual advancement to occur.

Goobygirl

IP Logged

Alan McDougall

South Africa
Reply #9 - Nov 2nd, 2009 at 5:14am

Seraphis1 wrote on Nov 1st, 2009 at 1:26pm:
The problem with writers before Monroe and Moen

I have come to the conclusion that if you are a serious student of metaphysics and cosmology you must be thoroughly steeped in Monroe and Moen… (I would include Robert Bruce because as a practical theoretician he has no peer) together they are the Rosetta Stone templates of the field. I say this in all seriousness because using these two writer’s complete works you can evaluate all other works as to authenticity and accuracy of observation.

The reason for this is the two mind functions that control understanding… Moen ~ Voyages into the Unknown p. 134 to p 144.

Moen discovers the Perceiver and the Interpreter and how they work. The most important of these is the Interpreter… because every mystic’s work before Monroe and Moen will be limited by the Interpreter’s ‘known’ in the memory bank of established data.

Swedenborg goes wrong:

Excerpted: berserk2…

Emanuel Swedenborg is the astral explorer with the best verifications.  ES was initially convinced that he was recalling his past lives during astral exploration.  But when he ascended to the higher heavens, his guide warned him that these were not past lives, but rather undetected possessing spirits.  It is well known that the memories of such spirits are mistakenly experienced as if they were those of the astral traveler.  Then ES's guide descended with him to a reincarnationist hollow heaven and offered to demonstrate to its denizens that their reincarnation beliefs were mistaken.

Swedenborg and his guide get’s this wrong because the guide is only half right. Yes, the resonating past life contains a possessing spirit. But, the spirit is not a demon or a unique entity… it is a split-phantom… you the spiritual being is capable of splitting into many parts, you may be able to split into infinite numbers of parts… I am not sure and Monroe and Moen don’t discuss this to my knowledge… but, be that as it may the spiritual entity leaves behind a phantom in serious unresolved past life incidents… such as long lingering, painful deaths. Monroe left three behind which he retrieved. To date Moen left only one phantom which caused his present life sarcoidosis (now cured by the way).

This does not mean that there are not undetected possessing spirits, it only means that one must drop the broad rule and keep an open mind and take every situation on a case by case basis. The key to the whole thing is the scientific method… find a way to test the concept… TMI’s method is build from strong reverse engineering principles and direct experience. The test of any material that you read revolves around the question of… is it speculation or direct experience and most importantly has it been tested in some way. Just because the material comes from a channeled source doesn’t mean the channeled source has it right. Or that the channeler has a broad enough “known data” base with which to communicate.

Smiley

Moen and Monroe have all the answers? No they do not!! only God has all the answers and nowhere have I read or heard we can not ask him questions!!

Blessings and Light

Alan McDougall
WWW <a href= <a href=  
IP Logged

Seraphis1

ALK Member

Reply #10 - Nov 2nd, 2009 at 9:00am

<<Moen and Monroe have all the answers? No they do not!! only God has all the answers and nowhere have I read or heard we can not ask him questions>>

Hi Alan: I'm sorry you read more into what I said than what I meant... no Monroe and Moen don't have all the answers... as a matter of fact both Monroe and Moen say repeatedly in their works that... the beliefs that they turned into knowns are only knowns to themselves... and have no reality as a known to anyoneelse until YOU!!!... convert them into a known for yourself... this is YOUR job and your job alone...  Embarrassed

IP Logged

Beau

Greenville SC
Reply #11 - Nov 2nd, 2009 at 9:44am

I'm with Gooby Girl. Frank Kepple is the cats pajamas. Thank you for posting that link in the other thread. I spent my Sunday with it. Had a great time. He makes a lot of sense and he simplifies things a bit too. I like that.

All the world's a stage...whose stage?--that is the question!...or is it the answer...Who is on first.
IP Logged

DocM

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Reply #12 - Nov 2nd, 2009 at 10:54am

Dude,

I understood the humor, but come on, you can do better.  As to reading ES, you can do it for free, if you Google Emanuel Sweedenborg and Heaven and Hell, there are at least two free online interpretations.  If you read him, it is important to keep in mind that he was writing in the 1700s.  Evenso, the translations are very readable.  His two main tenets, which he learns about on having his eyes opened to spirituality, and the main theme behind "Heaven and Hell" are that the universe and heavens are based on the rule of love, love of God and love of one's fellow man.  This premise then sets up, what follows.

I find it fascinating as a work of writing, to go about things in such detail, and at a time centuries ago when it was not as popular to do.  Swedenborg first learned Hebrew, and translated the old and new testaments himself, to try to explore and understand what had been written there (he embarked on this, well past age 40). 

M

IP Logged

Rondele
Ex Member

Reply #13 - Nov 2nd, 2009 at 3:59pm

Matthew-

When you have the time, check out one of the Youtube videos of Mr. Anka as he channels Bashar, the multi-dimensional all-knowing master from the future.

Then, after you've watched his facial contortions as he pretends to be Bashar, and when you finish laughing from such an obvious fraud, remember this:

Dude actually thinks Bashar is for real.

Case closed. 

R

IP Logged

I Am Dude

Reply #14 - Nov 2nd, 2009 at 4:06pm

Rondele

Please, show me, with quotes and all, where I said I think Bashar is a genuine channel.  You cannot do this, for I never said this.  Rather, what I said was that his information is valuable.

By the way, what case does my thinking Bashar is a real channel close?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 6
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.