Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Please, I'm in desperate need of help. (Read 11079 times)
supermodel

Indiana
Re: Please, I'm in desperate need of help.
Reply #30 - Nov 2nd, 2009 at 12:07am

That's entirely up to you.

It was a long transition for me. I did lapse into some old behavior and had the same issues that came up...but after time, all that fades away.

You have to remember that a loving god would never do those things to you....even if you didn't believe in him.

I love my daughter unconditionally and I would never damn her to any hell and torture her...even when she didnt listen to me.

Why would a god be any different?

Supermodel....

IP Logged

cutie

ALK Member

Reply #31 - Nov 2nd, 2009 at 12:08am

Ok.

IP Logged

b2
Ex Member

Reply #32 - Nov 2nd, 2009 at 7:37am

Hi again, cutie. I just noticed your pm and responded to it. I was so pleased to hear your story, if you ever care to share it here on the board sometime. We love hearing about anything that happens in the way of encounters of any sort, as well as talking about our ideas about them here, anytime.

I think it is, perhaps, a tall order to simply 'remove' yourself from a spiritual practice. Surely there are one or two good things you can take with you and be appreciative about, a few happy memories there that you wouldn't want to part with, even if you feel that you must stretch your wings in a different direction for a while.

There is no need to be 'all or nothing' with God. My interpretation of God is that God is absolutely fascinated with every twist and turn of your journey, and there is no way to actually 'lose' God along the way.

IP Logged

recoverer

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Reply #33 - Nov 2nd, 2009 at 1:56pm

Cutie:

Due to several spiritual experiences I've had I believe that the man Jesus Christ did in fact exist, and his spirit plays a key role in the divine plan today.

The thing is, I don't consider this a problem, because I've found it is possible to believe in Christ without believing in the fire and brimstone approach some people advocate.

If you pray to Christ for help in your troubled time, his spirit will help you. Open your heart and mind and find out what he's really about. He's a wonderful being who inspires with love rather than intimidating with threats.

If you read some near death experiences you'll find that there are people who have experienced Christ's presence in a way that is meaningful and beautiful.

I did as many people have done. First I was a Catholic. I didn't like the fire and brimstone approach and stopped believing. Eventually I found that Christ is a divine reality, but as  I said, in a positive way, not an oppresive way.

It is unfortunate that some Christians turn people away from Christ with their fire and brimstone approach. A lot of the people who minimize Christ's importance after leaving fundamentalism are people who didn't proceed further in order to find out what's true.

IP Logged

CharleyTuna

ALK Member

Connecticut
Reply #34 - Nov 3rd, 2009 at 12:56am

George Carlin........Religion easily has the greatest (edited)story ever told. Think about it. Religion has actually convinced people that there's an invisible man living in the sky who watches everything you do, every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a special list of ten things he does not want you to do. And if you do any of these ten things, he has a special place, full of fire and smoke and burning and torture and anguish, where he will send you to live and suffer and burn and choke and scream and cry forever and ever 'til the end of time!

But He loves you. He loves you, and He needs money! He always needs money! He's all-powerful, all-perfect, all-knowing, and all-wise, somehow just can't handle money! Religion takes in billions of dollars, they pay no taxes, and they always need a little more. Now, you talk about a good (edited )story. Holy (edited)!

IP Logged

b2
Ex Member

Reply #35 - Nov 3rd, 2009 at 8:50am

You're funny, Charlie Tuna, or Carlin is. I do kind of wonder about the 'man in the sky' part sometimes. It really seems to me that religion is often used to keep people in societal roles that they might feel restrain them.

That is why I think it is important to be free, if you can. There will be plenty of people around to let you know what they think, and they will also let you know what they believe you should think.

Throw all that off and be who you want to be. Be and do that special thing in this world that only you can. If religion is confining you so that you cannot be as big and as bright as you can do, why not let it go a little bit, just trust a little more?

I find that when I let go of religion and just trust in the future to unfold as it should, well, it generally does.

It's not a matter of holding onto 'God' and gritting my teeth about it. If a person doesn't want to believe in God, I do not, by any stretch of the imagination, think the universe will slap that person down for their ability to function in such a mind-space.

It's not a matter of going to the 'right' focus levels to find information to prove it to yourself. If you watch your 'world' closely, the one you live in, the one which is very important to you, because you wake up in it, you go to sleep in it, you live in it, you die in it....you will see that this world reacts to you in the most amazingly subtle ways, no matter what you 'believe' about it. It has many things to teach us all, this world, about how to use our minds with a greater and more powerful kind of love.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.